New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Mar 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #706 of 4,065
Music Two in the house! The fit of a silicone ciem is pretty awesome. Best comfort and isolation in one package I've experienced.

I'll give impressions a bit later on but so far no sins of commission.

Would you (and other owners of the Music Two) mind to post your impressions in the specific thread about Custom Art Music Two? 
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/703959/custom-art-music-two-appreciation-discussion-impressions-review-thread
Would really appreciate it. 
beerchug.gif

PS: Would love to read a comparison between your ER-4S and the Music Two. 
smile.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #707 of 4,065
Sure thing. When I'm ready to post a few impressions, I'll pop them over there and link to it from here.

Another plus for silicone- no occlusion effect when walking; just silence and music. Very nice.

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #708 of 4,065
Yep, once you use silicon you don't want to go back to acrylic. All my CIEM are silicon now :D.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #709 of 4,065
Sure thing. When I'm ready to post a few impressions, I'll pop them over there and link to it from here.

Another plus for silicone- no occlusion effect when walking; just silence and music. Very nice.

Can you tell me what type of impressions you had made? I have called a few different audiologists abd they all seem to say something slightly different as well as range in cost anywhere from $50-$200. I am a bit lost...

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #710 of 4,065
I just followed the instructions Custom Art gives. I have a hearing aid audiologist that does all my impressions now for $30. His have been better than more expensive audiologists that 'specialize' in musicians monitors and who charge $80. I've been to others as well who didn't do such a great job from $25 to $50. The guy I use now really makes sure he fills the ear very densely with silicone. I could feel the difference in how compact they were when he removed them.

All of them tend to have their own ideas but regardless get them to follow manufacturer instructions- end of story. I would never pay over $100 for impressions. $200 is robbery and should come with a massage and cocktails.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #711 of 4,065
For what it's worth, I got my impressions done with a hearing aid audiologist as well (for $5). In India, no audiologist even knows about the existence of CIEMs, so it took a while to convince them to do something different than what they are used to. As long as they are willing to follow Custom Art's instructions, you should do fine.

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #712 of 4,065
I just followed the instructions Custom Art gives. I have a hearing aid audiologist that does all my impressions now for $30. His have been better than more expensive audiologists that 'specialize' in musicians monitors and who charge $80. I've been to others as well who didn't do such a great job from $25 to $50. The guy I use now really makes sure he fills the ear very densely with silicone. I could feel the difference in how compact they were when he removed them.

All of them tend to have their own ideas but regardless get them to follow manufacturer instructions- end of story. I would never pay over $100 for impressions. $200 is robbery and should come with a massage and cocktails.

Alright but just so you know this silicone your audiologist uses is not very good. It's too hard (~50 ShoreA on my estimation) after curing and very very tough to process.
The best material you can get is Dreve Otoform (comes in different range of colors and hardness but all of them are really great and easy to work with)

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #713 of 4,065
so Shotgunshane how do you like the Treble on the music two so far? can you compare it with other IEM/CIEMs? :3
specially JH13fp

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #714 of 4,065

Alright but just so you know this silicone your audiologist uses is not very good. It's too hard (~50 ShoreA on my estimation) after curing and very very tough to process.
The best material you can get is Dreve Otoform (comes in different range of colors and hardness but all of them are really great and easy to work with)

Will it last as long or degrade any faster?  I've had the best fit over the last few CIEM with his impressions, far exceeding anything previously.  I can ask him about some better grade silicone.  Is Dreve Otoform common internationally? If not what would be the most common material to ask him for?

so Shotgunshane how do you like the Treble on the music two so far? can you compare it with other IEM/CIEMs? :3
specially JH13fp

I'll be comparing the Music Two with the FitEar F111, RE400 and ER-4S in the coming weeks, as I feel the Music Two retains a similar sound signature to the FitEar and HiFiMan.  There are obvious differences but they're within the realm of similarity.  In general I find the treble laid back and non-fatiguing with a bit of sparkle.

The JH13fp has top class bass, head staging and probably the best imaging I've ever heard.  My only complaint was in the treble area.  It was never piercing or painful but was very forward.  Being forward it was pretty revealing of micro detail but it had a couple of peaks that were just annoying and a bit unnatural.  It eventually became all I could think, focus, obsess about, so I sold them.  Not sure if I regret that decision or not.  I really miss everything else about it.

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #716 of 4,065

I'll be comparing the Music Two with the FitEar F111, RE400 and ER-4S in the coming weeks, as I feel the Music Two retains a similar sound signature to the FitEar and HiFiMan.  There are obvious differences but they're within the realm of similarity.  In general I find the treble laid back and non-fatiguing with a bit of sparkle.

The JH13fp has top class bass, head staging and probably the best imaging I've ever heard.  My only complaint was in the treble area.  It was never piercing or painful but was very forward.  Being forward it was pretty revealing of micro detail but it had a couple of peaks that were just annoying and a bit unnatural.  It eventually became all I could think, focus, obsess about, so I sold them.  Not sure if I regret that decision or not.  I really miss everything else about it.

hmm laid back Treble, same as my Mentor then when it comes to the Treble position, yet how is the extension and the fun with the Treble? satisfying? or? :3 it should be :p but coming from all of these IEMs how is the fun so far with the M2?

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #717 of 4,065
Speaking of Silicone :

i would be very interested, i have always the same experience with CIEMS, both silicone and acrylic: At first sight, the isolation is 100% for a couple of days, and then, i think my ear get used to it an develop the capacity to hear even through it.....not 100%, but i guess i regain 20% of hearing ability after while still wearing them. 
It's not disturbing at all, not a complaint here, but i wonder wether this is a good thing or not: is my ear making pro-active efforts to cancel the loss, and in that way, is it potentially a bad thing which might get you to loose your natural hearing ability?....because your ears get simply tired....?
Or doesn't it matter at all.....and i just have super power ears (they tend to turn green sometimes....)

would appreciate your opinions
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #718 of 4,065
specially JH13fp

Questions and discussion about Music Two this way: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/703959/custom-art-music-two-appreciation-discussion-impressions-review-thread
Please! 
frown.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #720 of 4,065
Hi

I'm looking for some advice please. I owned (and loved) a set of UE triple-Fi 10s for a number of years before I left them on a train a couple of weeks back. In looking for a replacement I have done heaps of reading and bought a set of Hifi man RE-100's which I'm enjoying but not quite as much as the tf10s. I am happy to spend up to £350 so have considered the UE900s, the Westone 4r/w40s and the Shure 535s.

Then I came across custom art and the comments are generally really good. As I've never had CIEMs before,my question is; should I go for CIEMs over any of the above universals? I wouldn't say I'm a bass-head, but I'm more interested in an exciting sound than a completely flat/accurate sound. I think the main thing I miss with the RE-100s is the soundstage.

I'm considering the Music 2s from this range.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back