New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Feb 15, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #631 of 4,065
How much does it cost to have universals* reshelled? Thanks. I already have some CA M2s on order (the green and red ones, Piotr), so if those fit well then I can ask to have the same mould used again.

*actually they are ER4Ps that were already reshelled into acrylics by Fisher back in 2011. The cable connectors broke very quickly so I stopped using them, plus the acrylic wasn't very comfortable. Or maybe Piotr can make a hybrid design with the Etymotic drivers and some of his own
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #632 of 4,065
It looks like it's 600 PLN according to the website: http://thecustomart.com/remold.php

It looks reasonable considering it isn't the typical acrylic remold.

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #633 of 4,065
So finally, after a loooooooooooong internal debate I have placed an order to Piotr. I have order an Pro330 V2 with RC. So countdown has started.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #636 of 4,065
  Could you say something more about paring with DX50? I've been asked so many times about such combo by my customers but I've heard DX only once.

For me Pro330v2 paring with DX50 not good, because music is very relaxing, CIEM lose their spontaneity, aggressiveness. But Petery, you know me very well, so you know what you expect from the sound. Let speak more people about Pro330v2 with DX50, and you will have a proper assessment.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #637 of 4,065
Well, i'd say it depends on what kind of  settings you use with the dx50. 

I think it pairs actually really well, you can get a really warm texture if you like, yes, but if you turn off every EQ etc, it's quite a clear and neutral sound you find there. You still can affine it with the manual EQ. Overall, i like this pairing ,because whereas the 330v2 have a quite warm sound, they still have cristal clear highs and yet a good and deep depths ...I'm always surprised when it goes all the way like this and think to myself: wow, this goes deep, or these clears sound awesome. It is for me a great all-round pairing with the dx.....and i'm really really happy after having sold my a k100. 
It all depends on the quality of your files too for sure!

In the picture i posted, i use it sometimes with a Fiio e11....but that's by far not perfect.....it's just sometimes i like to try again while waiting for my headstage to arrive.  

ah, and yes, not to forget, you can change the firmware of the dx50 and change the sound signature all over....quite impressive ! 

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #638 of 4,065
Harmony... ahh i want one :3 , any news peter!!! lol   

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #640 of 4,065
  Harmony... ahh i want one :3 , any news peter!!! lol   

backlog man... I don't really have much time to finish it. I revised the project, changed woofer, made some measurement and it looks promising. I ended up with two tunings one with large bass quantity and second with medium/low bass quantity. At this point I think I will stick with the second tuning but I have to make actual IEM and listen to it.

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #641 of 4,065
  backlog man... I don't really have much time to finish it. I revised the project, changed woofer, made some measurement and it looks promising. I ended up with two tunings one with large bass quantity and second with medium/low bass quantity. At this point I think I will stick with the second tuning but I have to make actual IEM and listen to it.

Peter, flat bass and forward warm mids with a lot of quantity + fun treble and we are done >=)  
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back