New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jul 16, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #1,306 of 4,065
  Before H8P, NT6 complements my SE5 the best. Now it's H8P! The tuning is just fits SE5 like lock and key. 

I use SE5 for male vocals, hip hop, pop, RnB, metal.

I use H8P for female vocals, instruments, Jazz, classic, OST.

Everything is covered. 

I am very glad that H8P didn't lack on technical ability.

Yes I did notice the clarity with instruments and vocals. To me as of now it seems the H8P is a serious earphone while others can be more for fun. I do not mean the fun are better but just different.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,307 of 4,065
  Before H8P, NT6 complements my SE5 the best. Now it's H8P! The tuning is just fits SE5 like lock and key. 

Everything is covered. 

Thanks for the ranking T.  I'm sure it's very helpful for lots of members here.  Personally, I'm not too impressed with NT6 after having HD800 when it comes to resolution and details.  It just can't compare and I don't think any custom can.  I'm curious if it's my source, but I doubt it.  HD800 does well my DAC and much better.  Very resolving.  The iems have limits and I notice that.

Cheers.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #1,308 of 4,065
  Thanks for the ranking T.  I'm sure it's very helpful for lots of members here.  Personally, I'm not too impressed with NT6 after having HD800 when it comes to resolution and details.  It just can't compare and I don't think any custom can.  I'm curious if it's my source, but I doubt it.  HD800 does well my DAC and much better.  Very resolving.  The iems have limits and I notice that.

Cheers.

No customs can match the spacious HD800 sound. They will always sound "in your head" compared to the high end open back cans.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,309 of 4,065

Cheers.

I do have some CIEMs that can match the detail and resolution of HD800. But the soundstage...no..HD800 is one of the best in full sized headphones, so there isn't really comparison there. 

But in terms of sound signature, HD800 isn't for everybody if not driven very well.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,310 of 4,065

Cheers.

Interesting but when one is focusing on portable gear can you include the HD800 as a portable gear an everyday outside Earphone/Headphone? Maybe you can say at home this one is my choice and when I go out for 3 to 4 hours I will take these.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,311 of 4,065
  I do have some CIEMs that can match the detail and resolution of HD800. But the soundstage...no..HD800 is one of the best in full sized headphones, so there isn't really comparison there. 

But in terms of sound signature, HD800 isn't for everybody if not driven very well.

I borrowed the HD800 I did not have an amp I only used the DX100 and Hifiman 801 and I heard nothing special. Not enough bass and I felt I was sitting in the 50th row. I wish to enjoy a headphone I was told the Fostex but I never sit at home with something in my ears I usually like floor standing speakers at home.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #1,312 of 4,065
  I borrowed the HD800 I did not have an amp I only used the DX100 and Hifiman 801 and I heard nothing special. Not enough bass and I felt I was sitting in the 50th row. I wish to enjoy a headphone I was told the Fostex but I never sit at home with something in my ears I usually like floor standing speakers at home.

Full size headphone are just different from CIEMs, so let's just leave it like that. 

IMO, I think when CIEM is driven at top level, it can compete with full size headphones. But again no point to compare at all. They are used for different purposes. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #1,313 of 4,065
Hello guys, I'm looking for a replacement for my remolded TF10 ( UM TF10x4 ) and I'm looking in Europe to avoid the hassle of customs, long shipping time, etc, etc...so CustomArt was the first choice to look into. :)

First of all I apologize if some of these questions have been answered before but the FAQ section of the website is still in progress. :\

Let's start:

1) In the OP it seems that the IEMs use not detachable cables, while some of the posts in this thread say otherwise. So, is it possible to have detachable cables based on UM (flat) socket? It doesn't matter if there's an extra cost.

2) Are there any restrictions on custom artwork when using silicone? If someone has pictures of their gear with custom/colored artwork it would be much appreciated! :)

3) My budget is around 500€, so I'm looking at 330v2. I listen to a wide range of music genres ( from prog rock/prog metal to EDM/trance, trip-hop, '70s soul, downtempo... ) and my TF10x4 are quite well rounded to let me enjoy them. I like clear middle and a good soundstage, one of the elements I'm more focused on are drums and the soundstage of different elements. I mostly use IEM when commuting, with a Cowon J3 as source (FLAC) and a FiiO E7.
So are 330v2 the right choice? 

Many thanks guys!

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,314 of 4,065
  Hello guys, I'm looking for a replacement for my remolded TF10 ( UM TF10x4 ) and I'm looking in Europe to avoid the hassle of customs, long shipping time, etc, etc...so CustomArt was the first choice to look into. :)

First of all I apologize if some of these questions have been answered before but the FAQ section of the website is still in progress. :\

Let's start:

1) In the OP it seems that the IEMs use not detachable cables, while some of the posts in this thread say otherwise. So, is it possible to have detachable cables based on UM (flat) socket? It doesn't matter if there's an extra cost.

2) Are there any restrictions on custom artwork when using silicone? If someone has pictures of their gear with custom/colored artwork it would be much appreciated! :)

3) My budget is around 500€, so I'm looking at 330v2. I listen to a wide range of music genres ( from prog rock/prog metal to EDM/trance, trip-hop, '70s soul, downtempo... ) and my TF10x4 are quite well rounded to let me enjoy them. I like clear middle and a good soundstage, one of the elements I'm more focused on are drums and the soundstage of different elements.
So are 330vs the right choice?

Many thanks guys!

2 pin industry standard detachable cables is available for a small extra cost.
Artwork has to be monocolor. As far as I know Peter doesn't do multi color but I think he can give more detail on artwork to you by himself.
I haven't heard the 330v2 so I will leave it to the other users.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #1,316 of 4,065

Everything is covered. 

Damned ! What if I listen to rock/pop/trip-hop with female vocals ! 
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your comparative table and all your reviews it helps a lot and it's a joy to read it :)

SE-5 are little bit over budget for me, I was almost sure that H8P would match perfectly with your previous review but now I'm just wondering if it's not the EM32... 

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,317 of 4,065
  3) My budget is around 500€, so I'm looking at 330v2. I listen to a wide range of music genres ( from prog rock/prog metal to EDM/trance, trip-hop, '70s soul, downtempo... ) and my TF10x4 are quite well rounded to let me enjoy them. I like clear middle and a good soundstage, one of the elements I'm more focused on are drums and the soundstage of different elements. I mostly use IEM when commuting, with a Cowon J3 as source (FLAC) and a FiiO E7.

Many thanks guys!

M2 will be better than 330v2 for this music genres, because 330v2 not forgive the poor mastering and this song sounds like very cheaper earphones. And M2 have more subbass and there are softer. Pro330v2 very good sound all kinds of music, especially in classic, anime ost, jazz, blues, female vocals with acoustic instruments, but mastering song will must good and very good. M2 will be better in heavy genres like rock, metal, and trip-hop, rap, but H8P sounds very better than M2, more detail, more bass whit very good texture.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,318 of 4,065

1) Detachable cables are available for additional cost. Cost depends on the model.
2) Yes, it has to be mono-color.
3) I'm not sure how TF10x4 sounds so I cannot really advice. The regular TF10 and Pro330v2 have some common points but they sound quite different, probably as suggested by misiekkb Music Two would be better option.

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #1,320 of 4,065
  1) Detachable cables are available for additional cost. Cost depends on the model.
2) Yes, it has to be mono-color.
3) I'm not sure how TF10x4 sounds so I cannot really advice. The regular TF10 and Pro330v2 have some common points but they sound quite different, probably as suggested by misiekkb Music Two would be better option.

Thanks for the answer Peter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back