New CryEngine 3 Tech Trailer Aug 2012
Aug 11, 2012 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bowei006

Panda Man
Reviewer at Headphone.Guru

This is only for if you have seen their other tech trailers as it keeps on building and building off each other but my mouth was pretty wide open watching this video..... I love Crytek. Period. 

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 12
Honestly Crytek make impressive engine work altough they do like to exaggerate heavily every effect but I wish they put equally much focus on gameplay though, graphics is far from everything, I can have more fun with a game from 1995. Since they started developing for consoles first I lost interest in them too.

Will PC gamers see a "Press start to continue" this time I wonder? :p

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:
Honestly Crytek make impressive engine work altough they do like to exaggerate heavily every effect but I wish they put equally much focus on gameplay though...

They do exaggerate it but they need to sell it. And they do a fantastic job. They are innovators with light inventing of new inventions that are near innovation but in the end they are an impressive company. Although I agree that they need to work on gameplay although they said that they would do that in Crysis 3 >_<

I need a new PC to run this

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 12
Well I don't think it needs a much better system than Crysis 2 in case it actually has proper DX11 support and not something half-assed attempt like with Crysis 2. But yea that tesselation worries me. :p I've concidered upgrading my GTX 460 a long time now, GTX 670 is a nice card but slightly on the expensive side for my liking, GTX 660 Ti can't come soon enough.

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Well I don't think it needs a much better system than Crysis 2 in case it actually has proper DX11 support and not something half-assed attempt like with Crysis 2. But yea that tesselation worries me. :p I've concidered upgrading my GTX 460 a long time now, GTX 670 is a nice card but slightly on the expensive side for my liking, GTX 660 Ti can't come soon enough.

I would say that te DX11 patch in itself was a proper way of showcasing current useable DX11 elements right now and not some other super stuff.

But it seems there will be some...tesselation in this one by default. 660 TI >_< How much do you expect that to be?
Quote:
Those veggies, i don't think my poor ati cards can hold all those triangles at once

Mine either. I will probably have to leave all those settings off. I ran Crysis 2 on medium settings 1080p with no HD or DX11 patches with not too many wow factor settings and still on 30-40 fps >_<

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #7 of 12
I expect the 660 ti to be about 300$ on release. Probably will drop to 250-275 after a month maybe? I should probably replace my dying 4890's as well... actually i'm probably going to end up building a whole new computer.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
I expect the 660 ti to be about 300$ on release. Probably will drop to 250-275 after a month maybe? I should probably replace my dying 4890's as well... actually i'm probably going to end up building a whole new computer.

I'll be replacing mine next year. Gaming won't be emphasis as I am a student. But a Haswell i5

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 12
I'm in the same boat, waiting for Haswell as I concluded Ivy wasn't a worthy chip to spend money around. Early Sandy Bridge adopters did a great move though, those have a very good system even today versus Ivy, especially when overclocking is taken into account as Sandy generally overclocks a few 100MHz higher at which they are fairly even. Chugging along with an i7-860 @ 4GHz still, for me it's relatively old as I used to upgrade like once a year or so lol.

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 12
What's the reason to upgrade? I'm running an i7-920 and can run everything still smoothly, I'm just about to go for a new graphics card (got a GTX 285, which is finally starting to show its limitations), but the processor can handle anything you can throw at it. I'm extremely surprised that my system from January 2009 can still keep up with today's applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back