New - Cowon Plenue S
May 26, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #931 of 1,158
Hi there,

I updated my Cowon Plenue M to FW 1.20 too but the "song change" doesn't do anything? Can anyone help please? I've read the change logs but nothing happens??

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #932 of 1,158
Hi there,

I updated my Cowon Plenue M to FM 1.20 too but the "song change" doesn't do anything? Can anyone help please? I've read the change logs but nothing happens??
When you turn
Hi there,

I updated my Cowon Plenue M to FM 1.20 too but the "song change" doesn't do anything? Can anyone help please? I've read the change logs but nothing happens??
When you turn that function on on it shows the the next song for a while but this works when the screen is off

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #936 of 1,158
Are there any changes in the new firmware? Should I make an update?

Yes there are:
- Change User Interface(UI)
- Add the function of showing information when change the playing music *
- Add the function of controlling volume touch **
- Fix the symptom which some part of high volume level isn’t controlled in specific JetEffect setting

May 31, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #937 of 1,158
10.jpg
08.jpg

Has anyone a interest to buy COWON PLENUE S & Base Station?

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #938 of 1,158
listening cowon plenue s and audeze lcd2 and boy it sounds great, i did not expect it to drive lcd2 with such authority

Oct 5, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #939 of 1,158
What are advantages of a base station,

basicaly what do I get from it? Just download of music, charging of my plenue S? Is there something more, can I use it for playing on my loudspeakers (I have a amplifier and loudspeakers,but they have only RCA type connectors)

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #940 of 1,158
Hello,
I am new here. Please guide me to choose between Plenue S & Plenue 2. (I have P1 for last 18 months. P1 sound quality is suburb. I like it very much.) Want to buy new one with balanced output and some better battery back up without compromising sound quality.

I use FLAC and WAV format files. I have not used DSD files nor in future may use it.

thanks in advance.

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #941 of 1,158
Plenue S will sound relatively similar to Plenue 1 with a bit more power and the balanced output. To me the annoying thing is that the balanced output is 3.5mm, which is neither of both current "standards" for balanced (2.5mm and 4.4mm). 3.5mm was hardly used beside ZX2 and Plenue S, which is a pain for getting proper balanced cables for your IEMs/headphones.

Plenue 2 at least propose more standard outputs and a nice design, although the signature is a bit different due to the different DAC being used.
Battery-wise, you won't see a large difference versus your Plenue 1, only a smaller DAP like the new Plenue R would offer you more battery life, but I can't comment about the sound signature though, I have not heard this model yet.

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #942 of 1,158
Plenue S will sound relatively similar to Plenue 1 with a bit more power and the balanced output. To me the annoying thing is that the balanced output is 3.5mm, which is neither of both current "standards" for balanced (2.5mm and 4.4mm). 3.5mm was hardly used beside ZX2 and Plenue S, which is a pain for getting proper balanced cables for your IEMs/headphones.

Plenue 2 at least propose more standard outputs and a nice design, although the signature is a bit different due to the different DAC being used.
Battery-wise, you won't see a large difference versus your Plenue 1, only a smaller DAP like the new Plenue R would offer you more battery life, but I can't comment about the sound signature though, I have not heard this model yet.

Thanks for reply. I am in dilemma..whether to spend more for Plenue S if there is no much difference in sound quality of P1 and PS (as both are having same DAC.) I am thinking to go for P2 as DAC used AK4497 EQ is also used in AK SP1000. I will check further on web and decide. (Contrary more you check..more is confusion).

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #944 of 1,158
I have plenue S and am very,very satisfied with sound. But it is a 3.5 connector and I made a custom cable for it. Sound should be similar to P1 but I can not comfirm as I just have lisened to S.

Hello,,,
I ordered and received my P2 in last week. Used it for last one week around one hour every day. I will revert back with its feedback in a day.

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #945 of 1,158
Hello,
I am having P2. I am using it with my JH Rosie. I am happy with sound and performance.
Want to use LCD-2 headphone with my P2. Can some one guide me whether LCD-2 can be used with P2 directly? Or do I need any amplifier? If yes then, please suggest me good amplifier for P2 so as to use it with LCD-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back