NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Jun 18, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #406 of 805
So whats the typical delivery time to the US? I saw the Chicago post of shipped monday, delivered friday....but Jan just e-mailed me its normally 14 days? I'm actually fine with the 14 days, but need to know if someone needs to keep an eye out for the package or delivery slip later this week, as I'm headed out of town for a few days.

Is everyone seeing 1 week to the US?

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #407 of 805
Yeah, the slot for the voltage selector was either too big or too small for the slotted screw drivers that I had (coins were definately too big). I had luck when I tried "forcing" it with one screw driver that was smaller than what it should be.

Probably the only thing I had trouble with this amp - but at least it is a one-time deal.

HighGroveManor: Mine was delivered in 5 days (shipped Monday and delivered Friday) to the Albany, NY area. I think I got the same "14 day" delivery time-frame from Jan too. So I'll definately keep an eye for it later in the week.

Jun 18, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #408 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamnid
Yeah, the slot for the voltage selector was either too big or too small for the slotted screw drivers that I had (coins were definately too big). I had luck when I tried "forcing" it with one screw driver that was smaller than what it should be.

Probably the only thing I had trouble with this amp - but at least it is a one-time deal.

HighGroveManor: Mine was delivered in 5 days (shipped Monday and delivered Friday) to the Albany, NY area. I think I got the same "14 day" delivery time-frame from Jan too. So I'll definately keep an eye for it later in the week.

Thanks for that dreamnid, Ill dig my micro screwdrivers out tonight....I'm doubting mine will come this week, I just moved here a few weeks ago and I am learning that mail delivery is slower then molassass...LOL they don't even deliver in regular usps mail trucks here, they drive around a mini van
icon10.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #409 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamnid

So is it regular usps, or fedex or ups? Any signatures required? Some of those guys don't really realize some of us WORK for a living, and make it a pain to actually get ahold of packages.

Hmmmmm, I guess I better get shopping for some cans now!
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #410 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by highgrovemanor
So is it regular usps, or fedex or ups? Any signatures required? Some of those guys don't really realize some of us WORK for a living, and make it a pain to actually get ahold of packages.

Hmmmmm, I guess I better get shopping for some cans now!
biggrin.gif

I believe earlier in the thread it was stated that it comes by USPS. I don't believe a signature is required. If you worry about theft just pick it up at the post office.

Jun 18, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #412 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam
I believe earlier in the thread it was stated that it comes by USPS. I don't believe a signature is required. If you worry about theft just pick it up at the post office.

Yes, it was delivered by USPS - the package was waiting for at my mailbox so no signature was required.

Jun 19, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #414 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by highgrovemanor

More of a security issue, then a matter of trying to hassle anyone. I know I have had my fair share of drive times to Fed-Ex, but I consider it a minor inconveinice as opossed to say them just leaving the package at the door and having it exposed to the elements, and anyone walking or driving by.

Jun 19, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #415 of 805
I've finally scraped up the cash to pay~!
biggrin.gif
Time to transfer it to paypal and see when the HeadFive arrives!

Sad, that I reserved one but took me this long to get the cash.
rolleyes.gif

Anyone have any impressions using K271S or DT770/600? I'm planning to use this one as a bed-side amp, so those two are my likelies to use by the bed.

Jun 19, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #416 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
More of a security issue, then a matter of trying to hassle anyone. I know I have had my fair share of drive times to Fed-Ex, but I consider it a minor inconveinice as opossed to say them just leaving the package at the door and having it exposed to the elements, and anyone walking or driving by.

Ups isn't so bad (but a longer drive), but my FedEx depot is in a pretty spooky part of town!

Hey roastpuff, LMK what closed cans you wind up with and how they work out here, as I'm sort of in the same boat....

Jun 19, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #417 of 805
Update June 19th:

175 amps have been sold.
125 amps have been made a reservation for.
200 amps are still available

etysmile.gif

Jan

Jun 19, 2006 at 9:19 AM Post #418 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
Mine too. Jan said it's about 5-7 days for delivery so luckly it will bve here by friday!!

Curse Hawaii!! I was quoted 10-14 days, sometimes it sucks living in the middle of the ocean
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff
I've finally scraped up the cash to pay~!
biggrin.gif
Time to transfer it to paypal and see when the HeadFive arrives!

Sad, that I reserved one but took me this long to get the cash.
rolleyes.gif

Anyone have any impressions using K271S or DT770/600? I'm planning to use this one as a bed-side amp, so those two are my likelies to use by the bed.

I felt the same way, I reserved my amp a long time ago but only paid last week. I was honestly going to pay for it sooner but I kept putting it off and putting it off, and well, he we are
biggrin.gif
. Sorry about that Jan. BTW, glad to see another member of Team Odyssey Roastpuff!

Jun 19, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #419 of 805
FYI: Shipping time... Shipped 6/12.... Arrived California 6/19....

Can't wait to get home....

Jun 19, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #420 of 805
Recieved mine today in Pa. usa. Playing Lisa Gerrard's Duality cd ands itd doing a fine job with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back