New canalphones from Ultimate Ears!
May 18, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #197 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by luisc
Jmmmmm did they give you any date for those colors?

eh? I was joking; just expect black and white. I suppose it's possible they'd make more colors, but not that I know of.

Although, I suppose you could get orange or green ones. Check out here

May 18, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #198 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
eh? I was joking; just expect black and white. I suppose it's possible they'd make more colors, but not that I know of.

Yeah - that is what I did to your UEsuperfi5pros, Jmmmmm. Hope you like the new look!

May 18, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #199 of 225
Quote:

k1000smile.gif
so was I ... he he he

edited:
yeay Jmmmmm your dream came through! ...
blink.gif
Now if i can borrow them for a week i'll take the paint off
blink.gif

May 19, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #201 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperkins
Highlights:
  1. UE will make custom ear molds for these

I spoke to Mike Diaz at UE today and he said that information is incorrect. They are not going to make custom molds for the superfi's. The only way to get custom molds is if another company starts making them for the superfi's.

May 19, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #202 of 225
Quote:

Great pre release review at Playlist.com (link) about the super.fi's.

Highlights:
  1. UE will make custom ear molds for these
  2. Cables can be detached very easly from the earpieces, allowing them to offer different types of cables (see UE accessory page)
  3. They will offer a third model at $149

That further impedes my decision. UE or Shure?!?!

May 19, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #204 of 225
Chances are, they probably use the same drivers as the Shure E5c and Westone UM2. Probably all the universal fit phones use the same generic drivers, just with different tunings, cross-overs, cablings, housings, etc.

May 19, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #205 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamind
Chances are, they probably use the same drivers as the Shure E5c and Westone UM2. Probably all the universal fit phones use the same generic drivers, just with different tunings, cross-overs, cablings, housings, etc.

That would make sense. Let's just hope they sound great. Cause I want the ue-5cs, but I should wait to read the review of the super.fis.

May 19, 2005 at 8:38 AM Post #206 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamind

Jerry Harvey has stated that the drivers are proprietary, and different from those found on the E5s and UM-2s.

May 19, 2005 at 11:00 AM Post #207 of 225
Quote:

I spoke to Mike Diaz at UE today and he said that information is incorrect. They are not going to make custom molds for the superfi's. The only way to get custom molds is if another company starts making them for the superfi's.

Wow! I was really looking forward to this option. In fact, I was going to purchase them had this been the case, but now I probably go with the E4c's since the super.fi's stick out to far.

So the article has at least two false statements. No custom ear molds, and different drivers for those found in the UE5's. The article said they had the same drivers as the UE5's.

May 19, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #208 of 225
Quote:

So the article has at least two false statements. No custom ear molds, and different drivers for those found in the UE5's. The article said they had the same drivers as the UE5's.

Who said the drivers AREN'T the same as those found on the UE-5Cs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back