New canalphones from Ultimate Ears!
May 4, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #91 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by joncirca57
Of course the REAL question is whether or not UE10s would fit into that neat hard case . . .

unfortunately, i don't see the case being tall enough, certaintly not for "stem-up" like they fit in the supplied case. maybe on their sides?

i'm considering the oakley watch case that was previously posted as an option for when the heavy metal case is too big. though i'm a little worried about the earpieces clanking against each other.

cheers,
phil

May 4, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #92 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by joncirca57
Of course the REAL question is whether or not UE10s would fit into that neat hard case . . .

ROTFLMAO!!! I was thinking exactly the same thing the minute I saw it!
rovatfl.gif

May 4, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #93 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil
i'm considering the oakley watch case that was previously posted as an option for when the heavy metal case is too big. though i'm a little worried about the earpieces clanking against each other.

Do you remember the thread's title?
Edit: Found it.

May 4, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #94 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamind
As good as these new UE canalphones are, I doubt they're as good as the UM2s. I just spoke to my rich friend who bought both of them just to see what they sounded like.

He said they're a bit like Shure E5c but with not quite as much power in the bass, so slightly lighter bass, and the bass model (the $199 version?) has loose somewhat-muddy bass albeit a tad more powerful than the bass from the pro model. He told me these new UEs are slightly warm, but more punchy and with a midrange that is a little forward. Comparing these to the UM2, the UM2 is warmer and richer and the bass is a bit better.

They're not as good as the UE10 or even the UE5c, and he has both of these with custom molds. You get what you pay for.

Even so, I'm still looking forward to trying them out someday as I have a curious personality. I wonder what Etymotic have on the cards?

I beg to differ that your rich friend has purchased a product that isn't even on the market yet and not available for sale as of yet. I was a beta tester for this and it isn't available for purchase to the public yet. The test product some of us received may not be the ones released to the public. Your friend isn't telling the truth about the Super.fi 5pro & 5EB.

May 4, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #95 of 225
i swear there were live pictures of these in some dudes ear just last night... i was tired... so i went to sleep thinking i'd be able to see them again in the morning and now his posts are gone.. whats going on!

May 4, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #96 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj2four0
i swear there were live pictures of these in some dudes ear just last night... i was tired... so i went to sleep thinking i'd be able to see them again in the morning and now his posts are gone.. whats going on!

PM Jmmmmm about this

May 4, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #98 of 225
Just got off the phone with UE- a couple of things . . .

First, they are eager to have a tour of Head-Fiers come through, but prefer to do it in groups of twelve or less. The tour sounds fantastic, with listening stations and lots of personal involvement.

Second, Mike Diaz is going to call me back in a bit with info on Super-Fi samples. The person I talked to initially has said that it will probably be a month, and as of now, no pre-release samples or prototypes have been given out. There is always the chance that someone close to the company has been able to get their hands on one, but from what I know at this point it seems very unlikely.

I'll be sure to post as soon as I hear from Mr. Diaz. Post any questions you'd like me to ask and I'll be sure to ask him for you.

May 4, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #99 of 225
I was walking to class (UC Irvine campus) and I'm about 70 to 80% sure that I saw some guy wearing a pair of the black 5Pro yesterday. THIS I only remember because when I passed the guy, I didn't recognize what was in his ear and usually on campus I never see people wear over-the-ear earphones. So to me, it was very noticable and distinct. Considering the company is in Irvine now, it all make sense!!

May 4, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #102 of 225
Just got off the phone with a sales rep at UE. They will be avaliable end of may. You will also be able to purchase them either from UE, guitar center, or the apple store. Now we can all check them out in the store before purchasing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back