New canalphones from Ultimate Ears!
May 3, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #46 of 225
Has anyone been to the new location in Irvine yet? I wonder how difficult it would be to schedule an appointment to tour the facility, maybe get a peak at the new products?

May 3, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #47 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
what i wonder is if the ue5c's and superfi5pros are the same headphone, just universal vs custom mold.

One thing that seemed to be very interesting is that UE themselves think the UE5c's are better for listening to music since the UE10's are more for those folks on stage with massive monitors pointed at them. Thereofre they can get isolation, hear lots of midrange and highs while FEELING the bass. The UE5c's are more balanced for straight listening....

If the superfi5pros are the 5ec's then this is really really interesting. If they move to a UE10 with a universal fit, then I think I would pull the trigger. All the problems with custom molds have really left me leary of the whole process. Now then...Sensaphonics and Westone need to come out with their top offerings with universal fits...and price htrem all at 200. For less than the cost of one custom mold, one could get the top of each company!
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #48 of 225
20050503_00061Small.jpg
20050503_00221Small.jpg

20050503_00201Small.jpg
20050503_00211Small.jpg

May 3, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #50 of 225
I'm still trying to gather my thoughts, and I'm swamped with exams right now. I will post an review as soon as I can. Brief preview though: very good, balanced sound;
nice detailed treble (though maybe slightly recessed to my ears); good forward midrange; and great, tight, accurate bass. Will give other IEMs some tough competition.

May 3, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #52 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity
Holy crap, that sounds like a dual driver ER4. Anyways, please do a detailed analysis for us. If possible please compare the UE and um2 running from the Karma. Thanks.

Will do. I just want to warn though, before people take that and run with it, I've never heard ety's, so I know how detailed they are comparatively. I don't know if they are as detailed as the er4's, but from the reports of ety detail, I would say that these are Not as detailed. If anyone lives in the DC area and has ety's that I could listen to, that would be helpful.

May 3, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #54 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Jmmmmm:
Sorry if I missed the post, but how did you get the super.fi 5pro?

Yeah... a little Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is in order here.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #56 of 225
How does the UE 5Pro compare to the SR-325i. I might have to try these, I hope they're better than my Koss the Plugs *fingers crossed* .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Will do. I just want to warn though, before people take that and run with it, I've never heard ety's, so I know how detailed they are comparatively. I don't know if they are as detailed as the er4's, but from the reports of ety detail, I would say that these are Not as detailed. If anyone lives in the DC area and has ety's that I could listen to, that would be helpful.

May 3, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #57 of 225
Jmmmm, could you please compare the super.fis to a pair of Mag MMGs, both being fed from a Nad 522, through a T-Amp, with the "Raffi - Greatest Hits" disc, track 3, 1'34" ???

kthanksdude

May 3, 2005 at 8:05 AM Post #58 of 225
What I want to know is how the new UE highs compare to those of the UM2? More recessed, pronounced or about equal. Also is the UM2 or new UE a more detailed phone?

May 3, 2005 at 8:08 AM Post #59 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrhawk
Jmmmm, could you please compare the super.fis to a pair of Mag MMGs, both being fed from a Nad 522, through a T-Amp, with the "Raffi - Greatest Hits" disc, track 3, 1'34" ???

While jumping through hoops, maybe?
tongue.gif

May 3, 2005 at 8:29 AM Post #60 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonoh
Delete the head-fi link from your favorites/bookmarks

smily_headphones1.gif

Of course, getting the ultimate canalphone in the UE-10 should do it too. I do not think you can spend more than that.

LOL! I just can't do it. I know it by memory too! I admit it - I'm a head-fi junkie.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back