NEW Burson HA-160DS Integrated DAC/Amp
Oct 21, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #16 of 155
This price level brings the Burson down to compete with a Schiit Bifrost + Lyr combo. I was very much deciding between a NFB-10SE vs. Bifrost+Lyr combo, until this Burson entered the picture. 

Has anyone heard both the 160 and the Lyr? How do they compare? 

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #17 of 155

Quote:
This price level brings the Burson down to compete with a Schiit Bifrost + Lyr combo. I was very much deciding between a NFB-10SE vs. Bifrost+Lyr combo, until this Burson entered the picture. 

Has anyone heard both the 160 and the Lyr? How do they compare? 

Or the CEntrance DACmini. Choices!

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #23 of 155
Oct 24, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #24 of 155
I got a reply from Alex at Burson regarding the headphone jack (compared to the high and low gain pair on the HA-160D):

"Thank you for your email and your interest in our HA-160DS.

The output of the DS is somewhere between the high and low outputs on the HA-160D.  And because we use a high quality volume pot instead of our step attenuator, you will have more control on the volume."

Iiiiiiiiinteresting...

PS.  There certainly are a lot of Head-Fi industry people named Alex 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #25 of 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And because we use a high quality volume pot instead of our step attenuator, you will have more control on the volume."

Now if only they followed this philosophy for the 160D, I would've gladly handed over my money to give it a shot.

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #26 of 155
I emailed addictedtoaudio here in Australia about the 160D and the friendly man who answered the email added that the 160DS would be available by Wednesday. I immediately bombarded him with an array of questions, but they were more technical and will probably be answered by Wednesday.

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #28 of 155

Quote:
I emailed addictedtoaudio here in Australia about the 160D and the friendly man who answered the email added that the 160DS would be available by Wednesday. I immediately bombarded him with an array of questions, but they were more technical and will probably be answered by Wednesday.

Yep addictedtoaudio are great guys, I too have bombarded them with questions before and always got a friendly and helpful reply. Great to know that they will be getting this in, thanks

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #29 of 155
Well i just picked a 160DS up, first one they sold :D. i'll let you guys know over the next few days how it burns it/how it sounds. First impressions are amazing, the bass and mid range and just so luscious and just hang over my ears. It has actually also tightened the bass up very nicely too. It seems like all the ranges have been improved somewhat. I used Sennhesiser hd 650's so i was looking for a bit of tightness in the lower to mid frequencies. It has done the trick i think! Any questions about how it looks like etc happy to answer.

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #30 of 155

Quote:
Well i just picked a 160DS up, first one they sold :D. i'll let you guys know over the next few days how it burns it/how it sounds. First impressions are amazing, the bass and mid range and just so luscious and just hang over my ears. It has actually also tightened the bass up very nicely too. It seems like all the ranges have been improved somewhat. I used Sennhesiser hd 650's so i was looking for a bit of tightness in the lower to mid frequencies. It has done the trick i think! Any questions about how it looks like etc happy to answer.

NICE!
Post some pics too :)
My 160D makes wonders with Sennheisers too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back