NEW Burson HA-160DS Integrated DAC/Amp
Jun 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #151 of 155
Burson also have released information about the Conductor SL models, which i think they are successors of the 160Ds. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #152 of 155
I was wondering how doe the Conductor compare to HDVD 800. In terms of price it's similar (€1799) and technically it sounds better to me. First it's fully balanced circuit. Second it can drive up to four pairs of headphones at the same moment (wonder if quality would remain). The Conductor though has dac and pre-amp outputs, which is nice if you plan to connect it to your home Hi-Fi.
Guys, what do you think?

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #153 of 155
Quote:
I was wondering how doe the Conductor compare to HDVD 800. In terms of price it's similar (€1799) and technically it sounds better to me. First it's fully balanced circuit. Second it can drive up to four pairs of headphones at the same moment (wonder if quality would remain). The Conductor though has dac and pre-amp outputs, which is nice if you plan to connect it to your home Hi-Fi.
Guys, what do you think?

I own Conductor and had HDVD800 for 3 weeks in my home for a review. For HD800 alone HDVD800 is better, it was tuned with HD800 in mind and sounds awesome with it. However if you want to drive other headphones, including low impedance ones, then Conductor is better, by a long shot.
I also find HDVD800 DAC to be it's weak spot, it sounds ok as a DAC, but not outstanding.
I choose Conductor as an all around solution for all headphones, it's DAC sounds very good, and it's amp is powerful enough to drive any headphone (well maybe except HE-6 and K1000) and it is transparent too.

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #154 of 155
I own Conductor and had HDVD800 for 3 weeks in my home for a review. For HD800 alone HDVD800 is better, it was tuned with HD800 in mind and sounds awesome with it. However if you want to drive other headphones, including low impedance ones, then Conductor is better, by a long shot.
I also find HDVD800 DAC to be it's weak spot, it sounds ok as a DAC, but not outstanding.
I choose Conductor as an all around solution for all headphones, it's DAC sounds very good, and it's amp is powerful enough to drive any headphone (well maybe except HE-6 and K1000) and it is transparent too.

I was curious, how much would I benefit if I upgraded from my NAD to Conductor? Other thought in my mind was to reuse NAD's DAC, and getting some really nice amp for the price of Conductor like Taboo III for example. How bad or crazy does it sound? Would you still see getting Conductor as a better option?

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #155 of 155
  Has anyone tried driving HE-500s with these? I'm curious to know if the burson can power these adequately.

I'm also curious about this. There seems to be rather mixed info in this thread about this combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back