New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Mar 3, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #601 of 1,276
Resolution and general finesse are considerable better in V2 compared to my former Soloist. Plus the volume knob is a pleasure to use now.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #602 of 1,276
I have a Conductor Virtuoso with ESS9018 DAC paired with HD800.

I wonder how this compares to Conductor V2+?

It seems that the amp section of Conductor Virtuoso is simply that of the Soloist, so I should hear an audible improvement, can anyone confirm this again?

I've owned the Soloist and CV2+ at the same time (no longer have the Soloist). The CV2+ has less grain and is more refined sounding than the Soloist. These were my continued observations. Sound signature is the same though.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #603 of 1,276
Good morning, today I can no longer connect the Burson via USB to the operating system Mac OS X version 10.12.3 Sierra.
I tried to download your application Tenor8802 from the site but nothing to do does not work on mac does not see it as before, I tried to change the usb cable.
Before everything worked well.

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #604 of 1,276
  Good morning, today I can no longer connect the Burson via USB to the operating system Mac OS X version 10.12.3 Sierra.
I tried to download your application Tenor8802 from the site but nothing to do does not work on mac does not see it as before, I tried to change the usb cable.
Before everything worked well.

Hi @Giacomino.  I'll try to help you.  You may need to contact Burson to get your issue resolved. 

A few things...

1) Do the ligths on the Burson come on? 
2) Is the amber light on the uppercase U on the conductor?
3) Did you unplug the USB cable from your Mac and the Conductor and plug it back in?
4) Did you try a different USB cable?

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #605 of 1,276

Hi @Giacomino.  I'll try to help you.  You may need to contact Burson to get your issue resolved. 

A few things...

1) Do the ligths on the Burson come on? 
2) Is the amber light on the uppercase U on the conductor?
3) Did you unplug the USB cable from your Mac and the Conductor and plug it back in?
4) Did you try a different USB cable?

Hello, thank you jerick70 I tried to connect another dac the ifi micro idsd no positive result, but I think the problem is osx sierra.
Now I try to download the sierra combo manually and try to see what happens.

What we know about 10.12.3 so far...
  1. OS X Build 16D32
  2. Kernel updated to Darwin 16.3.0
  3. Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    1. NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have been updated for 10.12.3.
  4. This update will replace your audio drivers. If you enabled Realtek onboard audio using MultiBeast or the cloverALC script, no changes will be necessary.
  5. Install macOS Sierra App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Sierra from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated 10.12.3 Install macOS Sierra App can be found in the Applications folder. You may then re-create your UniBeast installation USB.

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #606 of 1,276
  Hello, thank you jerick70 I tried to connect another dac the ifi micro idsd no positive result, but I think the problem is osx sierra.
Now I try to download the sierra combo manually and try to see what happens.

Hey no problem.  Glad to help.  That's what it sounds like to me too.  It looks like this is a known problem with OS X Sierra.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/65232

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #608 of 1,276
Just a more positive report: I installed OS Sierra last week and was a bit worried after reading about possible problems, but I have no problems with connecting the V2+ or other USB devices so far.

It appears to be a hit and miss thing. Most likely related to certain hardware and software configurations. Also I've seen reports that it works fine for a while and then stops working.

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #609 of 1,276
I went from the original Burson Conductor to a new Conductor V2+.  Both are excellent but the V2+ seems to be more authoritative, and a bit more revealing.  One odd thing I have noticed is that the "DAC Line Out" connectors on the back appear to be affected but the volume control.  The documentation is a little thin on detail, but I understand that volume is handled at the chip level, rather than through external circuitry.  I use it as a stand alone unit anyway, so no matter.  This thing could replace your pre-amp/DAC on your room stereo, as it has a wireless remote.  The remote is super bare bones; volume, mute, and source, but it does the job.  It is made from a little chunk of aluminum, and fells very solid in the hand for it's size.  I am not a tube guy at all, and I imagine this thing might be a little brash on Sennheiser 800s, but I love it on my Audeze LCD-3s.  

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #610 of 1,276
I use this on my HD800 (super dupont modded), and it sounds really excellent to my ears. I don't have trained ears, so take this with a grain of salt. 

CV2+ slightly warm and thick sound really match HD800 imo. And this combo has really nice soundstage and imaging/layering. 

I hardly use my HE1000v1 nowdays; it's gathering dust at the corner. I would use it for about 10 mins, and I would miss HD800/CV2+ combo. It sounds a lot more emotional to me. 

Burson also has punchy bass, which complements HD800 well. I did back-to-back test with my TH900; I wouldn't say the lack of bass is significant at all. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #612 of 1,276
Hi Tweakybiff,
Your guess are right: Sabre DAC manage digitally volume control on DAC output, texas instrument chip manage the volume of the PRE-output.
Both can be adjusted 0-99 with the volume knob/remote.
Dac output is as clean as it gets and is not amped, pre-output is amped and shoud be used for final amp then to speaker.
I guess given the nature of the sabre dac the audeze is a better match than a senn hd800.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #613 of 1,276
Hi Wakka,

Thank you for clarifying. 

Using the Dac-out to another tube amp, I can max the volume only using the Burson, while keeping the volume on the tube amp relatively low. Would the sound be amped this way? 

Reason being, I am trying out different tube amps. And I want to make sure also that the sound I'm getting is purely from the Burson Dac + the tube amp, without coloration from the Burson amp, if that makes any sense. 

Thanks. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #614 of 1,276
  Hi Wakka,

Thank you for clarifying. 

Using the Dac-out to another tube amp, I can max the volume only using the Burson, while keeping the volume on the tube amp relatively low. Would the sound be amped this way? 

Reason being, I am trying out different tube amps. And I want to make sure also that the sound I'm getting is purely from the Burson Dac + the tube amp, without coloration from the Burson amp, if that makes any sense. 

Thanks. 

Using DAC-out you won't get any coloration from Burson's Amp/Pre circuitry, just the plain Sabre DAC chip good works.
I'd suggest when using external amp to use DAC-out with volume at 80 that is roughly 2V, or 99 that is roughly 3V.
Ask the tube amp vendor if their product work best with a LINE input of 2V or 3V and set the volume accordingly.
Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back