New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Feb 11, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #587 of 1,276
I am not the one who understands this stuff. So refer to wiser heads than mine.

I did not ask Burson (Dennis) about voltages. I had mentioned I was in Europe (but bought while still living in Australia... and took the CV2+ as carry on).

The SR guy in Germany knew I would be using it in Europe.

I thought my old Conductor used a 2.5a...

Fingers crossed the SR fuse does no harm.. will keep you all posted.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #588 of 1,276
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, I've just registered for asking here 
beerchug.gif

Googling around this is the forum I found with an active Burson V2+ discussion.
I've bought this V2+ used a couple of month ago and now I had this issue with USB input from my Asus laptop when I play DSD. I use mainly Jriver for play. I head pop/static noise when USB input is selected, no problem with all other input.... something like this happened before?

Edit: I already tried to unistall/install driver and changing usb cable and usb port on my pc but problem still

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #589 of 1,276
Welcome Capax :)
Something like that has been noted here before.
I would think the V2+ would still be covered under warranty, so suggest sending a message through to Burson (as many noted here, Alex and Dennis are very helpful).

I don't remember anyone fixing that themselves, but others may well have some ideas...
Good luck.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #590 of 1,276
Hi @capax93 welcome!

As @vegan say you should contact Burson Audio directly at "info@bursonaudio.com". Alex and Dennis are great chaps, but allow them a couple of day to reply because they are always busy.

I don't know what to tell for your problem, If you've already changed usb cable (but the burson's is a really good one) and re-installed driver the only thing I can suggest you is to try to use a different machine such as:
- a different pc or mac if you have them around
- a iPhone/Android smartphone as they don't require driver to function and in that way you'll be able to see if the problem persist.

cheers

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #591 of 1,276
Welcome Capax :)
Something like that has been noted here before.
I would think the V2+ would still be covered under warranty, so suggest sending a message through to Burson (as many noted here, Alex and Dennis are very helpful).

I don't remember anyone fixing that themselves, but others may well have some ideas...
Good luck.

Hi @capax93
 welcome!

As @vegan
 say you should contact Burson Audio directly at "info@bursonaudio.com". Alex and Dennis are great chaps, but allow them a couple of day to reply because they are always busy.

I don't know what to tell for your problem, If you've already changed usb cable (but the burson's is a really good one) and re-installed driver the only thing I can suggest you is to try to use a different machine such as:
- a different pc or mac if you have them around
- a iPhone/Android smartphone as they don't require driver to function and in that way you'll be able to see if the problem persist.

cheers

Thanks for the tip. I already messaged Burson 3 day ago but I wanted to know if some of the forum experienced the same problem and had a ready solution. Thanks again

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #592 of 1,276
Wakka992 sei italiano? Sul profilo dice di Milano, come ti trovi con il conductor V2+? Mi piace molto esteticamente e anche come presentazione "olografica" della scena, sono favorevolmente impressionata! Anche il tuo scalda parecchio??

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #593 of 1,276
Wakka992 sei italiano? Sul profilo dice di Milano, come ti trovi con il conductor V2+? Mi piace molto esteticamente e anche come presentazione "olografica" della scena, sono favorevolmente impressionata! Anche il tuo scalda parecchio??

ciao capax, si sono italiano ma scrivi in inglese qui sul thread. manda un PM

English only here in the thread please, PM me if needed. 
deadhorse.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #594 of 1,276
ciao capax, si sono italiano ma scrivi in inglese qui sul thread. manda un PM

English only here in the thread please, PM me if needed. :deadhorse:

Sorry didn't know... english only for now on!

Today Dennis from Burson Audio replied me saying not to worry that in case of problem they'll support theyr customer regardless where they are located: hats off for the australians!

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #595 of 1,276
Glad Burson are looking after you Capax.

I've had the black SR fuse in for a couple days now.

It's an awful lot of money for a fuse. Nonetheless, it's been rare to get such improvement for that amount of money (software is certainly better on that score).

I was happy with the Synergy Hifi fuse I used for the original Conductor. I managed to leave that back in Australia, so hence my interest in buying a new fuse. That made a significant difference in clarity.

The SR Black has made a bigger difference. Along with better definition, the soundstage has improved markedly.

After some 24 on the clock, one track was quite startling. I was really immersed in Ottmar Liebert's 'Up Close. Very enjoyable. Its final track is 'entrance'. As you hear them take their seats in the studio, I was looking over my shoulder - uncertain if what I heard was through my HE-560s or someone in the kitchen. (I was home alone).

That startle factor is always nice to feel.
I'll have to use that outro track in future as a soundscape reference.

No clue if anyone else would have the same result. If you check out the reviews, results with different systems do seem quite similar, though.

If you have never tried swapping out the fuse, I'd suggest it's something to consider.

If you are looking for a fuse, the SR Black is certainly one to consider.

As mentioned, I liked the Stnergy Hifi one (that was about US$20). I've used AMR fuses on other pieces with some benefits, but nothing as big as the SR fuse.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #596 of 1,276
Glad Burson are looking after you Capax.

I've had the black SR fuse in for a couple days now.

It's an awful lot of money for a fuse. Nonetheless, it's been rare to get such improvement for that amount of money (software is certainly better on that score).

I was happy with the Synergy Hifi fuse I used for the original Conductor. I managed to leave that back in Australia, so hence my interest in buying a new fuse. That made a significant difference in clarity.

The SR Black has made a bigger difference. Along with better definition, the soundstage has improved markedly.

After some 24 on the clock, one track was quite startling. I was really immersed in Ottmar Liebert's 'Up Close. Very enjoyable. Its final track is 'entrance'. As you hear them take their seats in the studio, I was looking over my shoulder - uncertain if what I heard was through my HE-560s or someone in the kitchen. (I was home alone).

That startle factor is always nice to feel.
I'll have to use that outro track in future as a soundscape reference.

No clue if anyone else would have the same result. If you check out the reviews, results with different systems do seem quite similar, though.

If you have never tried swapping out the fuse, I'd suggest it's something to consider.

If you are looking for a fuse, the SR Black is certainly one to consider.

As mentioned, I liked the Stnergy Hifi one (that was about US$20). I've used AMR fuses on other pieces with some benefits, but nothing as big as the SR fuse.

Hi @vegan,
Yes Dennis from Burson backed me up in analysis and solving of the problem!

Also did't know what this fuse of yours was so I googled it and came out with really cheap one, like 4$ cheap, ceramic body and all.

You tried that too before going over the roof?

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #597 of 1,276
Great that the problem is solved Capax.

I am by no means telling anyone to spend a penny on a fuse. I imagine goood benefits to be had with much cheaper fuses. If you can get the same benefit for less money, fabulous!

SR offer a 30-warranty. So if you don't think it's worth the money, you can send it back to get a refund (minus postage). If you can get the same deal with anothe fuse, you could compare directly without spending serious money.

I'm not in the business of spending more money, but like to get as much out of what I have as I can... so using decent cables and fuses seems to have been a worthwhile exercise (for me).

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #598 of 1,276
I have a Conductor Virtuoso with ESS9018 DAC paired with HD800.

I wonder how this compares to Conductor V2+?

It seems that the amp section of Conductor Virtuoso is simply that of the Soloist, so I should hear an audible improvement, can anyone confirm this again?

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #599 of 1,276
I would say there is definitely audible differences, not necessary improvements.  After all, good and bad in sound is purely subjective.

First of all, they are both Bursons, there will be more similarities than differences.

When I compared the amp section only, using same cable out of my Chord Hugo as DAC, I find my Conductor Mk 1 is more organic, has more body when compared to the CV2+. In other words more "musical".

The CV2+ has more sub bass, and tighter bass as well as better sound stage.  To my ears, the top end is also more "lively".  CV2+ is the more analytical of the two.

As a match for HD800, I personally think the old amp makes it more musical, which is often what people complain about the HD800 - not "enjoyable".

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #600 of 1,276
  I would say there is definitely audible differences, not necessary improvements.  After all, good and bad in sound is purely subjective.

First of all, they are both Bursons, there will be more similarities than differences.

When I compared the amp section only, using same cable out of my Chord Hugo as DAC, I find my Conductor Mk 1 is more organic, has more body when compared to the CV2+. In other words more "musical".

The CV2+ has more sub bass, and tighter bass as well as better sound stage.  To my ears, the top end is also more "lively".  CV2+ is the more analytical of the two.

As a match for HD800, I personally think the old amp makes it more musical, which is often what people complain about the HD800 - not "enjoyable".

I really appreciate your input. 

Cured my upgraditis a lot. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back