New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Apr 13, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #226 of 1,276
I have been thinking about getting a Conductor V2 for my Beyerdynamic DT1770. Since I think they deserve a higher-end amplifier than I'm currently providing them with. I'm just wondering how the sound signature is for Burson amps in comparison to an Audio-gd NFB15. If anybody knows. Warmer, brighter, more neutral?

I can tell you the difference between the audio-GD master 9 and the Burson Soloist.

The Burson has more energy,more sparkle,more bass authority. It focuses on that leading edge attack. I find it to be a great match for almost all of my headphones, especially Audeze. Not sure about your DT-1770, but the DT-1350 sounds outstanding with the Burson.

The Master 9 is a more neutral-ish amp. Very holographic, grain free and easy to listen to. I wouldn't mind owning one. I just found that the Burson signature gets my toes tapping and head bopping more and does so night after night.

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #228 of 1,276
It seems shipping of the pre-orders is going to fall behind schedule.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #231 of 1,276
They were supposed to be shipped before 15th of this month.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #232 of 1,276
Alex's email said they will start shipping from 11th April.  May be they are busy making sure everything works fine before they send the units out.  Much rather they sort everything out before they send me my unit.

I can wait a bit longer... as long as its not too long. :wink:

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #234 of 1,276
I received a tracking number from Alex. Mine left on time and is currently in Memphis, Tennessee at the FedEx facility. Scheduled to be here next Tuesday!

:D

That's good to hear!

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #235 of 1,276
Got the mail from Alex! They are ready to be shipped! I have included a timekeeper power amp to complement CV2+:D

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #237 of 1,276
Mine is here!

I was surprised to find this waiting for me when I got home

Nice initial presentation

My "lucky numbers" are 3 and 6.  This was auspicious!

Included was the power cable, a set of RCA interconnects and the remote.

The remote has metal buttons that rattle slightly within their mounting holes.
At first I thought something was loose within the remote.  I opened the remote
to check - the aluminum back is held on with bonded magnets - very solid!

The Burson is joining my recently acquired microZOTL and my
WA7tp.  The HeadBox DS got me started on this journey!

Audeze LCD 2.2 and an HEK for HP output.

My initial reactions:

I had been exclusively listening to the Woo/Audeze combo before receiving the HEK and microZOTL.

I used the DAC from the Woo to feed the microZOTL.

The HEK and microZOTL have a wonderful synergy that left the Audeze/Woo combo wanting.  It almost seems that the tube coloration and the LCD coloration, to my ears, conflicted with each other.  The microZOTL/Audeze combo was a little cleaner in the upper registers, but still did not compare with the HEK.

The addition of the V2+ has made an incredible difference with the LCDs, especially in the higher frequencies and mid bass.  I had to dial back the upper treble considerably on my EQ. (I expect this to mellow with burn in) The added punch of the V2 is also quite noticeable, creating a new, more confident voicing in the LCDs.

The V2+ greatly improved the performance of the LCDs.  The improvement in the HEKs was less apparent

I am very much looking forward to comparing the 2 DACs, through the 3 different amplifiers, into the 2 different phones.  That's a lot of permutations!

For now, I will let the V2+ burn in for the weekend.

More impressions to follow......

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #238 of 1,276
  Have any of the other IDGG buyers received any shipping information?  No news here......

I didn’t received any shipment information from Burson until now… Today I got an email from Fedex that they are holding package at Fedex location, from tracking number I can see it was ship from Australia. I can’t wait to pick up today. :wink:

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #239 of 1,276
I can tell you the difference between the audio-GD master 9 and the Burson Soloist.

The Burson has more energy,more sparkle,more bass authority. It focuses on that leading edge attack. I find it to be a great match for almost all of my headphones, especially Audeze. Not sure about your DT-1770, but the DT-1350 sounds outstanding with the Burson.

The Master 9 is a more neutral-ish amp. Very holographic, grain free and easy to listen to. I wouldn't mind owning one. I just found that the Burson signature gets my toes tapping and head bopping more and does so night after night.

Thank you for your input.
That does sound promising to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back