New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Mar 21, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #181 of 1,276
Fezz,

I have not listened to the KEF but will try to arrange that.

I have a pair of Linn Katan serving desktop duty at present - any additional upgrades beyond the V2+ will have to wait for the toy budget to recover!  We are in the process of retiring and relocating.  Depending on what happens with the sale of the old house and whether they want my home theater setup, I may have a great sub to run along with the Katan pair.

Thanks for the replies

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #182 of 1,276
  Fezz,

I have not listened to the KEF but will try to arrange that.

I have a pair of Linn Katan serving desktop duty at present - any additional upgrades beyond the V2+ will have to wait for the toy budget to recover!  We are in the process of retiring and relocating.  Depending on what happens with the sale of the old house and whether they want my home theater setup, I may have a great sub to run along with the Katan pair.

Thanks for the replies

I'm a huge fan of Linn, their Akkurate 242s have almost come home with me a dozen times. But I fear they wont match my room well. Irrespective, they are still making wonderful products right now. I've never heard your version of the Katan, but I don't doubt they're still great performers in their sector.

I still implore you to demo the LS50's, just for comparisons sake on how things have changed!

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #184 of 1,276
Am I blind or isn't the V2(+) offering a gain switch? The Soloist SL MK2 I'm having here has this really useful feature. Especially for IEMs its quite nice to increase the headroom of the volume pot. But I think this is because of the quite new built in 100-step volume control so that it's not needed anymore? 

Anyways, im very curious to hear this beauty soon :)

Greetings, KoRnasteniker

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #185 of 1,276
Am I blind or isn't the V2(+) offering a gain switch? The Soloist SL MK2 I'm having here has this really useful feature. Especially for IEMs its quite nice to increase the headroom of the volume pot. But I think this is because of the quite new built in 100-step volume control so that it's not needed anymore? 

Anyways, im very curious to hear this beauty soon :)

Greetings, KoRnasteniker

You're correct, no gain switch but the combination of 100 step digital volume control and the remote never makes me miss one either :wink:

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #186 of 1,276
One step closer!  Burson just requested mailing addresses from the IDGG supporters.  Units can ship from either Southern California, China or Melbourne, Australia based on location/preference.  Can't wait 
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #190 of 1,276
This is fantastic news! :)
I was informed my pre-order outside Indiegogo would be ready next week. They are so helpful to assist in shipping matters and take every effort to minimize the difficulties with customs. I hope more forum members would take this wonderful opportunity to pre-order with them. They are a pleasure to work with.
I will compare this with my Headamp GS-1 (which will be sold after comparison) and iFi iCan SE. This would be my major system upgrade after a while. I have been content with my set up for a while though once auditioned and almost bought a first generation Conductor in San Francisco.

Getting a Burson timekeeper power amp to match my Usher X-718 speakers too. (-: Currently using a Stello DA100 dac with Stello S100 power-amp with them. Stello stuff had been wonderful and I am sad in a way to part with them. They would be too sold.

Getting a Hifiman HE560 today. Decided on them after extensive reading on current Orthos for their price-performance factor and neutral signature. Hope they would compliment CV2+!
Next upgrade would be HE-1000.
Gosh this hobby is a wallet serial-killer!!!

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #191 of 1,276
Re: Kaushama - I look forward to your review!
Sounds like you have some good gear there to play around with.
Ditto on the great customer support from the Burson guys.
Keep us posted :)

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #192 of 1,276
They really are a bunch of great people at Burson.

The HE560 is a really good match, very fast and dynamic.  Some people may think that this pairing is a bit on the bright side, but you will really enjoy hearing all the details from your music.  It also good that Hifiman finally changed that bloody screw in connectors to 2.5mm plugs.

Don't forget to come back here to tell everyone what you think.  Enjoy the music! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Victor

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #193 of 1,276
This is fantastic news!
smily_headphones1.gif

I was informed my pre-order outside Indiegogo would be ready next week. They are so helpful to assist in shipping matters and take every effort to minimize the difficulties with customs. I hope more forum members would take this wonderful opportunity to pre-order with them. They are a pleasure to work with.
I will compare this with my Headamp GS-1 (which will be sold after comparison) and iFi iCan SE. This would be my major system upgrade after a while. I have been content with my set up for a while though once auditioned and almost bought a first generation Conductor in San Francisco.

Getting a Burson timekeeper power amp to match my Usher X-718 speakers too. (-: Currently using a Stello DA100 dac with Stello S100 power-amp with them. Stello stuff had been wonderful and I am sad in a way to part with them. They would be too sold.

Getting a Hifiman HE560 today. Decided on them after extensive reading on current Orthos for their price-performance factor and neutral signature. Hope they would compliment CV2+!
Next upgrade would be HE-1000.
Gosh this hobby is a wallet serial-killer!!!

Boy you are right about it being a wallet serial killer . I still am lumbering on with my old ha160. Which is starting to look like its long in tooth . I saw the video . Is burson really going to cut the price of their new amps ? That would really be sweet . But for me my next target being an old time cd guy is possibly a new cd or universal player . I have my eye on the premium onkyo cd player c70000r but it does not play sacd discs . I do not have many though so  I probably would not miss them . The other possible target is the pioneer bdp-88 universal player . Which has the same chip as the new burson v2+ . Plus it has video capablilities though not the newer video disc format that is coming up . But like the oppo 105darbee it upsamples  video to 4k on a suitable display . And has darbee processing for video . It looks to be better built than the oppo and is heavier physically. But this is tax season so it will probably be put on the back burner again for awhile .

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #195 of 1,276
I see the Indegogo campagne has closed.  hard to believe there were only 28 backers.

Yes and no, after all it's still a fairly expensive product. Also, according to Burson earlier in this thread, they've done quite a few pre sales outside Indiegogo as well. Comments in this thread also back that.

Still the Indiegogo campaign did offer great pricing, especially for the 20 first ones, so yeah more people could certainly have taken advantage of the campaign.

I was so lucky to get the opportunity to hear one as a review unit and found it so good that I ended up purchasing it......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back