New, Burson Conductor 3 Reference: Dual 9038 DAC, 7.5Wpc Head Amp, Preamp, Changeable Opamps
Dec 19, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #557 of 744
Dec 29, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #559 of 744
Dec 29, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #560 of 744
Jan 18, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #563 of 744
Morning fellas! Jumpin in on MLK day just to share my enthusiasm for the C3R!

A quick perusal of my profile will show you that there have been a LOT of desktop units (including AIOs) to come through in the last 5-6 years and in brief, the C3XR is well, the best! The Aussies nailed the balance of all things in this unit, and at a new price that's VERY competitive in it's price range. (Was lucky enough to pick up a like new unit for about half of retail so feelin' like I won the lottery over here!)

Wrote a quick review with my thoughts earlier this week here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/burson-conductor-3x.24156/reviews

For reference, the headphones in my stable are the Grado PS1000, PS2000e, Mayflower T50rp, and Hifiman HE6. All sound superb through the Burson. Anyone else out there enjoying their unit these days?

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #566 of 744
When I use my C3 REF as DAC for my tube amp I hear Humming/Buzzing 60hz noise from both channels when the volume is at around 11 clock and its gets louder, also I tried different dac but there wasn't any hum/buz noise.

I assume its a groundloop issues but I also tried 2pins power plug for the C3 REFS PSU but result is same can anyone help me?

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #567 of 744
When I use my C3 REF as DAC for my tube amp I hear Humming/Buzzing 60hz noise from both channels when the volume is at around 11 clock and its gets louder, also I tried different dac but there wasn't any hum/buz noise.

I assume its a groundloop issues but I also tried 2pins power plug for the C3 REFS PSU but result is same can anyone help me?
Am a little bit late for with a reply, I do hope you have resolved in the meantime your issue with humming. I suppose it's a ground loop, since I wasn't able to reproduce it, at any volume setting.

On another note, haven't listened to the C3 for a while. I periodically take some listening "sabbatical" from my different headphones, gears and preffered music as well.
After some break up period, it is nice to revisit the gear and the music. It is kinda buying it again. After clearing up the "listening history" and getting free from the bias reading so many reviews, coming back from "sabbatical" helps me to listen more objectively. Sometimes, with certain gears I am not anymore sure it was a great buy back then, sometimes I even regret buying it and something it makes me happy I did a right thing.
Last night, after returning to the C3 after some longer break, I was extensively browsing through several Tidal playlists and was just (again) overwhelmed with spaciousness and huge soundstage. I have deliberately chosen AKG K701 for my marathon listening session, because they have somewhat cooler and analytical sound. I was amazed how warm and non-fatiguing they sound. There was wonderful airiness to the sound and the bass was warm, but stil tight and well controlled. Compared my notes, back in time when I first reviewed the C3 and I think, I wouldn't write it differently now.
So, the C3 has confirmed a best buy and secured a firm place in my setup.

Attachments

• Burson C3 ref 1.jpeg
    Burson C3 ref 1.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Burson C3 ref 2.jpeg
    Burson C3 ref 2.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Burson C3 ref 3.jpeg
    Burson C3 ref 3.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #568 of 744
Why most Bursons Amp has microphone inputs?
One use case is for gamers and others who use a headphone with an integrated microphone.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #569 of 744
I currently have the Final Audio D8000 Pros and looking to purchase a new Dac/amp. I am debating between the Burson Conductor 3 or 3x. Which do you guys think would be the better purchases here to power the D8000 pros?

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #570 of 744
I currently have the Final Audio D8000 Pros and looking to purchase a new Dac/amp. I am debating between the Burson Conductor 3 or 3x. Which do you guys think would be the better purchases here to power the D8000 pros?
Final Audio D8000 Pros comes with two cables, both unbalanced.
If you already have or want to add a balanced cable, then I would personally go for the 3X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back