New Budget Headphones (Sub $40)
Feb 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

siluro187

New Head-Fier

Hello Head-fi’ers,

I want to purchase a new pair of earbuds/IEM’s on a budget. I’d like to keep the price lower than $40, and two that have stuck out so far are the YUIN Pk3, and the Brainwavz M1. I’m looking for something I can use between classes on my laptop for mostly watching movies as well as listening to music. Comfort is extremely important, and in the past I haven’t enjoyed the use of IEMs, except I’ve only used the worst ones on the market. So between the Pk3 and the Brainwavz, are there others I should look into, or which would be the better buy?

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 4

The brainwavz are extremely comfortable, problem is that they are most comfortable with foam tips that are no longer included. If you can add $10, I recommend the pl-50s, sound great, isolation is good, and they are still supplied with the foam tips which make them some of the most comfortable iems within the price range.

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 4
The Pl-50s do look nice, but $50 is pushing it as it is, and I probably should have mentioned I'm not interested in purchasing over-the-ear headphones. 

Perhaps later on if I feel the need with the Brainwavz or other IEM I decide to purchase, can I not just get separate foam inserts?

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
The Pl-50s do look nice, but $50 is pushing it as it is, and I probably should have mentioned I'm not interested in purchasing over-the-ear headphones. 

Perhaps later on if I feel the need with the Brainwavz or other IEM I decide to purchase, can I not just get separate foam inserts?

Yes but they might cost you a fair chunk of change (relative to $40 IEMs, that is). The M1 is very hard to beat in that price range unless you buy used or are looking for some particular sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back