NEW! Bowers & Wilkins P3 in White Unboxing Video & Impressions to come.
Jul 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #31 of 41
Still experimenting but I found that filling in the void ( the area which has no memory foam) surrounding the top portion of the rectangular opening on the back of the pad to the same extent that the 3 other sides have the memory foam helps improve the high end. Even my first attempt using klenex to do so worked. Trying closed cell foam presently.

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:
Still experimenting but I found that filling in the void ( the area which has no memory foam) surrounding the top portion of the rectangular opening on the back of the pad to the same extent that the 3 other sides have the memory foam helps improve the high end. Even my first attempt using klenex to do so worked. Trying closed cell foam presently.

Please keep us posted.

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

I did something similar with my p5s, I rolled up a piece of cotton ball in my hands and wrapped it in eletctrical tape

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #34 of 41
I wanted to update everyone, I got a pair of p3 and I have some vacation time coming up. Would you guys like me to work on making a mod for the original earpads or come up with my own earpads?

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #35 of 41
Quote:
I wanted to update everyone, I got a pair of p3 and I have some vacation time coming up. Would you guys like me to work on making a mod for the original earpads or come up with my own earpads?

YES!!!!! The P3 sounds a lot better with the pads OFF or the pads upside down.  I think if you could come up with a mod, it would be very nice.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #37 of 41
I am going to try and keep it simple, and try to change the earpads aesthetically as little as possible. That way it will be easy for people to do and not change the fantastic looks of them.

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:
I am going to try and keep it simple, and try to change the earpads aesthetically as little as possible. That way it will be easy for people to do and not change the fantastic looks of them.

I hope it works good because the P3 has so much potential. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #39 of 41
just got my p3.
and i very much love it.
somehow, im thinking if there is a place here where i can buy an extra pair of pads.
i wanted to cut the center of the pads so that the sound would not be blocked by the fabric.
i hear great clarity when i pull out the pads.
if im using the pads, the sound is like shouty a bit in the mids, and theres a thickness to it.

there should another way on how to improve the sound.
the fabric is really blocking the greatness of this.

can anyone help?

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #41 of 41
I agree that the P3s would sound amazing if only the earpads were improved. I tried flipping upside down and lost too much bass but it confirmed to me that the high frequency quality is there albeit suppressed.

Try this: put pads on correctly but insert a bit of paper between pad and earpiece at the bottom edge to lift it out very slightly and it sounds much better. More thickness reduces bass, less increases allowing fine tuning. I'm using small piece of a magazine cover folded over a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back