NEW! Bowers & Wilkins P3 in White Unboxing Video & Impressions to come.
Jun 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
Just got my hands on this yesterday.  Stay tuned for my impressions.

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 41
That was the best unboxing video I've seen so far, nice job. Thanks for that.

Curious, how'd you get a hold of these? I went into the Apple Store in downtown San Francisco yesterday to no luck. They've got plenty of P5's, but no P3's yet.

EDIT: No need for reply, just read on a different thread that you had a 'connection' to get your hands on these.
I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 41
Thanks for the kind words. I hope my videos will help with members buying decisions.

The material used on this attracts stuff like dog hair. If you get a mark on it, good luck on cleaning it off.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 41
Very, very nice . . . great job on the unboxing!   And we appreciate the patience involved in waiting (couldn't have been easy).

The P3s seem sooo clean don't they?  I know I'm going to get irritated at the lack of clicks and lines at some point, but with gorgeous looks like these I *almost* don't care.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 41
Great video thanks - still sitting on the fence but the white do look really good! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 41
Quote:
Very, very nice . . . great job on the unboxing!   And we appreciate the patience involved in waiting (couldn't have been easy).

The P3s seem sooo clean don't they?  I know I'm going to get irritated at the lack of clicks and lines at some point, but with gorgeous looks like these I *almost* don't care.

+1

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #8 of 41
Wow those are gorgeous! I can't wait to hear them, I almost bought a set of the P5's but just couldn't convince myself to drop that kind of money on a portable set at the time. These P3's in white could very well be my next set of headphones. 

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 41
The sound is like an inexpensive entry level pair of B&W speakers.  Forward midrange with little to no high frequency details and little to no sub bass.  These are very colored headphones.  Perhaps even more than the P5.  It's not a bad thing because it's easy for the average music listener to like which they are the targeted audience.  The ear pads do need a little adjustments to fit nicely on the ear.  I like a little more clamping force, but it's not really an issue.  The leather on the P5 is A LOT nicer than this plastic material.  In terms of build quality, the P5 wins.  I love the way it looks so I'm gonna keep them in my collection. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 41
Sounds like it'd make a nice Christmas gift for budding audiophiles in the family or amongst friends!  On one hand I'm not thrilled about the lack of sub bass and highs.  On the other hand, they're simply oozing with Britishness.  Seriously, they seem best enjoyed with a turtle neck and scarf in an E-Type.

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #11 of 41
Quote:
Sounds like it'd make a nice Christmas gift for budding audiophiles in the family or amongst friends!  On one hand I'm not thrilled about the lack of sub bass and highs.  On the other hand, they're simply oozing with Britishness.  Seriously, they seem best enjoyed with a turtle neck and scarf in an E-Type.

+1

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #12 of 41
Quote:
The sound is like an inexpensive entry level pair of B&W speakers.  Forward midrange with little to no high frequency details and little to no sub bass.  These are very colored headphones.  Perhaps even more than the P5.  It's not a bad thing because it's easy for the average music listener to like which they are the targeted audience.  The ear pads do need a little adjustments to fit nicely on the ear.  I like a little more clamping force, but it's not really an issue.  The leather on the P5 is A LOT nicer than this plastic material.  In terms of build quality, the P5 wins.  I love the way it looks so I'm gonna keep them in my collection. 

If you ever consider getting the p5s I would be happy too loan you mine for a little  too see if you like them

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #13 of 41
Quote:
If you ever consider getting the p5s I would be happy too loan you mine for a little  too see if you like them

You are very kind.  Thank you!  I am going to get the P5 for my collection.  My headphones guy has it in stock at a very good price.

Jun 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 41
HEY i really love this! I have been waiting for this to come out but where did you buy it? I called B&W but they said it's coming out in bestbuy or apple store in later July...
Can you tell me how you bought it?I really wanna get it!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back