New Bowers and Wilkins (B&W) P5 headphones
Nov 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #19 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These look so incredibly uncomfortable. I think Grado has been one upped this time, and that's saying something.

I wouldn't go that far, at least these look like they have cushy padding. Grado padding is just brutal...

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #20 of 57
looks like surgical equipment from the 19th century
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #21 of 57
If they are voiced anything like their speakers, be prepared for a decidedly upward tilt. B&W is a widely known name, but when it comes to audiophile quality it is much more reputation than reality. The old saying... "you don't know what you don't know" applies to buzz about B&W.

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #23 of 57
As much as I love my B&W speakers, I will probably give these a try.

Mar 6, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #24 of 57
Hey Rob, they are cool. I got to demo them a few weeks ago. David Baker of B & W Group had them. 20db of Isolation with no electronics, just the pads. They are built like a tank. Very sturdy.

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #26 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Rob, they are cool. I got to demo them a few weeks ago. David Baker of B & W Group had them. 20db of Isolation with no electronics, just the pads. They are built like a tank. Very sturdy.

Sweet. Sounds like it could be a nice travel headphone for me. Looking forward to trying them.

Mar 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #27 of 57
I tried these for a quick second in the Apple Store. I didn't hook it up with my iPod but it was with an iPod nano playing 256kbps. Uhh...I didn't like it. It reminded me of Bose or Monster Beats to my ears. Quite congested and a bit muddy to my ears.

Mar 6, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #28 of 57
Well that's not encouraging, but an iPod Nano playing 256kbps is not going to be the best test...

Mar 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that's not encouraging, but an iPod Nano playing 256kbps is not going to be the best test...

Nor was my iPod touch 1st gen going to be any good, but it shouldn't have made much difference and I got to know the sound signature from it. Not the best, but sound isolating was good I think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back