New Bose headphones
Jun 19, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Roy2001
If it costs $30, I will consider buying it. I am not kidding
biggrin.gif

what, you like getting ripped off ?

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #17 of 39
I was at the mall today and decided to stop by the Bose store, I will say that the new bose quiet comfort are easily one of the worst headphones I have ever heard. I also heard the V700 at the apple store and they are even worse than the Bose. The V700 just plain and simply suck. Dont bother with the Bose quiet comfort, go for the etys, they also cancel much more sound.

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
not even, the Sliver Koss clip ons sound a lot better, and I don't even like those sliver clip ons (I'm spoiled) but I rather have those clip ons than any Bose headphone.

I like the silver koss clip-ons! They're a helluva lot of headphone for $12 (on Amazon), and very musical. Definitely a better deal than the Bose.

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #19 of 39
Valentin,

The ER-4S phones are fully burned in. You can believe those words.

Maverick_12: If you don't like me, then don't write anything about me. I'll return you the same courtesy from now on.

Jun 19, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Just checked the temperature in Hell and it appears to still be above freezing.

It's nice to see that the hatred for Bose even extends to the head-fi community
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe some day, the powers that be will unite, and make Consumer Reports see the light!

Jun 19, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
what, you like getting ripped off ?

biggrin.gif

When I hear the word "Bose", I always remember a test made by a local magazine. There was a 1000€ home-theather-system and a 5000€ "Bose" home-theather-system. Just guess which one was better?

It just seems that all that Bose manufacturers is pure crap... nothing more, nothing less.

Jun 19, 2003 at 9:26 AM Post #23 of 39
I dunno. maybe bose thinks that by selling over priced equipment, the consumer will make themselves believe that they actually bought some good shiat... *operative word shiat*

I mean honestly walk up to a average joe on ur street and ask em if they think the hd600 is better than the v700.. chances are they'll What? and walk off.. so if u can dazzle a person with flashy designs big price tags and huge marketting, of course they'll be brainwashed

heck if u were a company out to make as much money as possible wouldn't u do that?

Jun 19, 2003 at 12:23 PM Post #24 of 39
Every non-informed consumer out there are really proud of their Bose speakers. They have reached the pinnacle of sound. That being said, I own some Bose outdoor speakers. Not having a tweeter actually kind of works for outdoors. I also felt that since I was getting them for $78 a pair it wasn't a huge risk.

Jun 19, 2003 at 2:19 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
Well I have, and their devastating cruddiness is so cruddy that it can not be explained in words. I'm guessing the new version of the noise-cancelling ones still suck.

No, wait! You have to burn them in first!

Jun 19, 2003 at 2:39 PM Post #28 of 39
... on bubsdaddy's outdoor grill if he has one.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:06 PM Post #30 of 39
"nuclear launch detected"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back