New Bose headphones
Jun 19, 2003 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

SptsNaz

1000+ Head-Fier
Recently while reading various magazines I recognized a re-newed version of the Bose noise-canceling headphones. Anyone heard these, because Bose claimes they improved the sound. They're a whopping 300$ USD like the previous ones.

Jun 19, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 39
Your "new" Etymotic ER-4S canalphones will MURDER those BOSE TriPorts. Now, I am making a sweeping generalization having not heard the new BOSE TriPorts, but I stand fast on my opinions. By the way, do a search my friend...

Jun 19, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #3 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Welly Wu
Now, I am making a sweeping generalization having not heard the new BOSE TriPorts

Well I have, and their devastating cruddiness is so cruddy that it can not be explained in words. I'm guessing the new version of the noise-cancelling ones still suck.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 39
LOL....$300?
holy geez...they'r gonna lots of buyers
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 39
Its not the triports, but the "new" noise canceling ones...

By the way I know their cans will never come close to the ety's, but I'm just wondering if they are even capable of creating a decent headphone.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by SptsNaz
I'm just wondering if they are even capable of creating a decent headphone.

No. It's a scientifically proven fact.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

I'm just wondering if they are even capable of creating a decent headphone.

Just checked the temperature in Hell and it appears to still be above freezing.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:27 AM Post #11 of 39
bose were amazing when they first came out with those little speaker sets for TV sourrnd sound, but now they just think they'r 8" woofers sounds better then other 20" woofers, but their sound dont even come close to their price tags

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:27 AM Post #12 of 39
NEW BOSE !!!! HEadPHoNES!!!

NO body TOLD me.........::SHaKESS ALL OVER:::: WITH ANGER!!!::::
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for the tread crappying guys, but I had to take this one!

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Never heard any Bose, are they THAT bad? Do they even compare to the sound quality of perhaps the PortaPros>?

not even, the Sliver Koss clip ons sound a lot better, and I don't even like those sliver clip ons (I'm spoiled) but I rather have those clip ons than any Bose headphone.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Never heard any Bose, are they THAT bad? Do they even compare to the sound quality of perhaps the PortaPros>?

What I meant to say was that the headphones are slightly overpriced, by about 10x.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back