New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Feb 22, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #3,571 of 3,924
^One of my oldest friends asked me a similar question a couple of months ago. He too is head over heels in love with his T1 2. Gen. I mentioned my 470 ohm R70X as a possible candidate..and well he shrugged a bit and forgot all about it. The weekend after I paid him a visit with the Audio Technica and he ended up with his jaw on the floor. He now owns both the T1 and the R70X and uses both out of his Feliks Euforia:)

Edith: If you want a sound signature closer to the T1, it’s probably the flagship ADX5000 you’ll wanna check out instead👍

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #3,572 of 3,924
^One of my oldest friends asked me a similar question a couple of months ago. He too is head over heels in love with his T1 2. Gen. I mentioned my 470 ohm R70X as a possible candidate..and well he shrugged a bit and forgot all about it. The weekend after I paid him a visit with the Audio Technica and he ended up with his jaw on the floor. He now owns both the T1 and the R70X and uses both out of his Feliks Euforia:)

Edith: If you want a sound signature closer to the T1, it’s probably the flagship ADX5000 you’ll wanna check out instead👍
Nice! I am considering between the T1.2 and R70X and even the HD600.

edit: The R70X are sold out in New Zealand. I just put an order in for a pair.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #3,573 of 3,924
I am running the Beyerdynamic T1.2 from the iFi IESL and Cayin CS55A tube amp.
Absolutely love it!
Now I am also using the Topping A90 with the T1.2. The 3D sound I can hear when listening to Sos from ABBA sounds really amazing. I compared it with the PS1000e.

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #3,574 of 3,924
Hey guys, I'm looking at purchasing a BeyerDynamic T1 2nd gen and noticed there are 2 black versions floating around.. a Black Special Edition and a Black Ninja Edition...

Are there any differences between the two? Should I try to get either over the other for any reason (even a silly one like newer SN/Production batch) ?

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #3,575 of 3,924
Hey guys, I'm looking at purchasing a BeyerDynamic T1 2nd gen and noticed there are 2 black versions floating around.. a Black Special Edition and a Black Ninja Edition...

Are there any differences between the two? Should I try to get either over the other for any reason (even a silly one like newer SN/Production batch) ?
They are the same thing, just some reason they are listed as ninja edition at some places.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #3,578 of 3,924
Yeah I bought mine from Amazon and it said Ninja Edition on the listing, but the actual box says T1 Black Special Edition.

Oh goodness. Thank you so much. You've just cleared up so much confusion for me. I've been reading crazy things over here thinking Beyer had several silent revisions of the same product out. Glad to know that's not the case other than silver vs black on the 2nd gen.

Mar 26, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #3,580 of 3,924
I will post this in some Beyer threads...

If any of you (people in general of the forum) from Europe is going to buy something from Beyerdynamic Germany (the web shop), could you contact with me via PM before make the order, please?

I have a problem with my order from their website and maybe you can help me, thanks in advance.

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #3,581 of 3,924
I've read good things about the ifi micro black label. Will have the power for the t1.2 and have read its a good pairing with bright headphones if you want an amp that can add some warmth.
Just got my T1.2 and wanted to follow up on the suggestion by @sooevo to pair them with the iFi micro Black Label (BL).

To my ears, the BL is an excellent amp for these headphones. The portability is a bonus. How excellent? Even though the BL has a low output impedance, with the T1 I thought it sounded comparable to the Beyerdynamic A20 amp (fed from the BL's DAC), though I had to put the BL on its highest gain setting ("Turbo") to volume match with the A20.

Necessary caveats: I've only been listening to the T1.2 for a few days, and the only other amp I've used with it besides the BL and A20 is the JDS Labs Atom.

TLDR: Noob thinks the Black Label would be a great way to get away from your desk while enjoying your T1.2.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #3,582 of 3,924
Just got my T1.2 and wanted to follow up on the suggestion by @sooevo to pair them with the iFi micro Black Label (BL).

To my ears, the BL is an excellent amp for these headphones. The portability is a bonus. How excellent? Even though the BL has a low output impedance, with the T1 I thought it sounded comparable to the Beyerdynamic A20 amp (fed from the BL's DAC), though I had to put the BL on its highest gain setting ("Turbo") to volume match with the A20.

Necessary caveats: I've only been listening to the T1.2 for a few days, and the only other amp I've used with it besides the BL and A20 is the JDS Labs Atom.

TLDR: Noob thinks the Black Label would be a great way to get away from your desk while enjoying your T1.2.

Thank you! I actually got my hands on a T1.2 (black) as well and was able to try it with a Jotunheim 2, Dx7 (topping), DX7S, and a THX788. The Jotunheim 2 was utterly terrible. All 4 guys at my meet actually came to a consensus that the Jot 2 was generally disappointing just about with every DAC pairing we tried or headphone we plugged into it. The THX788 was awesome and really gave it a smooth presentation with added warmth and extra bass detail. The DX7 was more light/crisp and bright sounding which was actually my favorite one and the DX7s was somewhere in between the DX7 and 788 which probably had the most accurate & non-colored presentation of the three. I’m currently really loving my T1 with the DX7.. this is truly a very “thrilling” headphone and complements my Arya beautifully!

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #3,583 of 3,924
If you had the choice to own Focal Elear + T1.2 OR just Focal Utopia, which would you choose? :)

Personally, I'd be all over the Elear. I really enjoyed the T1.2 (owned it and reviewed it), but the Elears are unreal.
I'm curious about these two, Elear VS Beyer T1, how do you two guys think these two compete against each other nowadays? im considering a purchase of either with 1 good cond T1 aorund 500 and elear around 600 usd. are they a good deal or is the market has something more better option these days?
I'm double guessing myself a lot because this is basically gonna be my first high end headphone purchase

Apr 3, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #3,584 of 3,924
Sorry for posting here, but I can't find the specific trhead for the first gen Beyer T1 :)

I tried my best coming up with an article that would be fun to read during the weekend, so I decided to post my in-depth written review about Beyerdynamic T1 1st generation!!

This is a uniuqe headphone, for bright signature lovers. Not a budget thing, but still a pretty interesting headphone with a ton of life within. The build quality is great, but the cable is far too long and awkward for my personal taste.

This being said, their detail and analytical power made beyerdynamic keep those and they are still available for sale right now!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...st-generation-spicy-headphone-experience.html

Beyerdynamic-Tesla-T1-First-Generation-Dynamic-Headphones-Early-Serial-Number-Review-Audiophil...jpg

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #3,585 of 3,924
can the headband of these be detached without making any damage? the foam on my T1.1 is almost all deflated and im thinking of restuffing these as the leather outer part is still in pretty good condition.
Also one side of mine is getting loose, its too easy to change position, anyone know if there's an easy fix to tighter the headband adjustment up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back