New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jul 2, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #3,391 of 3,924
I’m happily using my iFi Zen DAC via a balanced connection. I can’t compare it to anything else as it’s my first and only amp but the music sounds great. I’ve got a million hours with my Klipsch KLF-20 full sized speakers via separates and an AVR so I know what the music should sound like and I have zero complaints with my T1.2’s.

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #3,394 of 3,924
I've had the Littledot MK2 and it was a great entry level, but Elise is on an different league.

Elise-Littledot.jpg

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #3,396 of 3,924
new t1 v2 owner here..enjoying it so far nice to know from users here it can get even better...roughly how many hrs in your experience this takes to fully break in?
A lot. It took me about half a year of regular use. They started out congested and overly bassy but have developed a wonderful sound signature. Smooth and natural with plenty of soundstage. I now like them more than my previous HD800 which were fatiguing and harsh in comparison.

Another type of break-in these have is the headband. The vice grip is insane, I could barely wear them for half an hour out of the box. It's only getting tolerable a year later.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #3,398 of 3,924
A lot. It took me about half a year of regular use. They started out congested and overly bassy but have developed a wonderful sound signature. Smooth and natural with plenty of soundstage. I now like them more than my previous HD800 which were fatiguing and harsh in comparison.

Another type of break-in these have is the headband. The vice grip is insane, I could barely wear them for half an hour out of the box. It's only getting tolerable a year later.
Headband is so user dependant. Mine has been silky smooth since the start for me but my girlfriend can't stand em.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #3,399 of 3,924

Headband is so user dependant. Mine has been silky smooth since the start for me but my girlfriend can't stand em.

I love how 'stretchy' and flexible the headband is and the clamping force is 'just' right. I don't consider the grip tight at all. Feels better than the HD6 series. I can comfortably wear these longer than most other headphones out there. Just like sound preference, we all have different melons to contend with.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #3,400 of 3,924
I've had the Littledot MK2 and it was a great entry level, but Elise is on an different league.

Elise-Littledot.jpg

Does Elise use the same type of tubes as Euphoria? I'm interested in purchasing Euphoria at some point.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #3,401 of 3,924
I love how 'stretchy' and flexible the headband is and the clamping force is 'just' right. I don't consider the grip tight at all. Feels better than the HD6 series. I can comfortably wear these longer than most other headphones out there. Just like sound preference, we all have different melons to contend with.
Compared to the DT1770/DT1990 clamp the T1/T5p clamp is non-existing (for me, ymmv). I ended up selling the DT1770 for just that reason: my head is just not overly compatible with the pro clamp.

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #3,404 of 3,924
Hi Im considering these headphones or the t5 mk2. Does the hugo 2 have enough power for these cans?

Jul 19, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #3,405 of 3,924
Sorry if this was answered somewhere in this thread already; I searched to no avail. Is there a difference between the normal silver edition vs. the black “ninja” edition? I see the black version sold for several hundred less, so I’m wondering what the deal is. Thanks I’m advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back