New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Sep 10, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #3,046 of 3,925
On focus camera the black has 2yr warranty and the silver has 5
That Focus place caused confusion, I was concern too. I bought a Black from Beach.. The box and the card stated 5 yrs. Actual, there were 2 pamphlets, one stated 2yrs (I guess lower end products) and the other stated 5yrs.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #3,047 of 3,925
That Focus place caused confusion, I was concern too. I bought a Black from Beach.. The box and the card stated 5 yrs. Actual, there were 2 pamphlets, one stated 2yrs (I guess lower end products) and the other stated 5yrs.

It's 5 years as long as it's from an authorized re-seller, which Focus Camera is. Warranty stuff is done through Beyer and their authorized repair shops. Lower end products are 2 years. Only the T1 and T5p have the 5 year warranties.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #3,051 of 3,925
Yes man...t1 has to be the same...only the bass of version 1 is lighter but mainly the treble being too bright for some ppl led them to retune it and launch the t1.2.
Dt 48 is far more interesting topic for me
..that headphone was actually created to listen enemy's voices right ?? In some world war 2 games u can also spot a dt 48 headphone somewhere in the game if u play as the Nazi's... incredible headphone actually, I have always heard good things about it. But it's very hard to find one... some rare guy may show up on eBay with tremendously high price...still not a trust worthy buying place... modding it would be even more risky for me...I would rather just keep it in the stock form lol if I get them...quite an antique item

I believe that was it's original use. Information and history about old headphones, etc. is kind of scarce but can be found. eBay can definitely be iffy sadly, I've generally had good luck thankfully. The older DT 48's are definitely antiques. Never actually owned a DT 48 but have heard a couple. I do like learning about and appreciating the history of headphones.

I really wanted the love the t5p...it looks so attractive but my friend says it sounds horrible.

Haven't had the chance to really listen to the T5p Gen 2 so no idea what I'll think on them.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #3,052 of 3,925
I believe that was it's original use. Information and history about old headphones, etc. is kind of scarce but can be found. eBay can definitely be iffy sadly, I've generally had good luck thankfully. The older DT 48's are definitely antiques. Never actually owned a DT 48 but have heard a couple. I do like learning about and appreciating the history of headphones.

Haven't had the chance to really listen to the T5p Gen 2 so no idea what I'll think on them.
I was looking for dt 48 on eBay, one was 5ohm, the other was 200ohm, I believe I saw a 20ohm driver too....the 20ohm one was listed for $120 only !! The 5ohm was listed for $800 !! But at $120 +free shipping the 20ohm one attracts me but I'm scared that it would be fake or something...

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #3,053 of 3,925
I was looking for dt 48 on eBay, one was 5ohm, the other was 200ohm, I believe I saw a 20ohm driver too....the 20ohm one was listed for $120 only !! The 5ohm was listed for $800 !! But at $120 +free shipping the 20ohm one attracts me but I'm scared that it would be fake or something...

There are 4 impedance ratings I know of with both the DT 48 and DT 480. There is the 5 ohm, 8 Ohm, 25 Ohm, and the 200 Ohm. The 20 ohm is probably the 25 Ohm. I got my DT 480's for around a $100 each. The DT 48's in good condition tend to hover a bit higher in the $200-400 range, rare/old examples tend to go higher, but some are seen below $200. The DT 48 isn't a headphone you could fake easily, the drivers are so unique and the build is solid metal, never even heard of a fake one. I don't really hear of fake Beyers in general honestly. The bigger concern is how well it works or if anything is wrong with it.

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #3,054 of 3,925
There are 4 impedance ratings I know of with both the DT 48 and DT 480. There is the 5 ohm, 8 Ohm, 25 Ohm, and the 200 Ohm. The 20 ohm is probably the 25 Ohm. I got my DT 480's for around a $100 each. The DT 48's in good condition tend to hover a bit higher in the $200-400 range, rare/old examples tend to go higher, but some are seen below $200. The DT 48 isn't a headphone you could fake easily, the drivers are so unique and the build is solid metal, never even heard of a fake one. I don't really hear of fake Beyers in general honestly. The bigger concern is how well it works or if anything is wrong with it.
Yep...u got it right mate it's actually the 25ohm, I was mistaken...I wrote the term fake like an idiot but I actually tried to mean a non functional or defective unit which that guy could be selling ... Even I have never heard fake beyers...sorry for my bad English man...

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #3,055 of 3,925
Yep...u got it right mate it's actually the 25ohm, I was mistaken...I wrote the term fake like an idiot but I actually tried to mean a non functional or defective unit which that guy could be selling ... Even I have never heard fake beyers...sorry for my bad English man...

Don't worry about it. Most channel imbalances with the DT 48/480 can generally be mostly fixed by making sure the magnets are screwed in equally, the modular magnet is not something I've ever seen in another headphone, if I wanted to I could custom order a stronger magnet for the DT 48/480. The drivers also seem hard to kill, I'm most worry about cable failures which have been far and wide the biggest issue I had with headphones. It's what happened to my DT 1770, headband cable failed and I had to replace it(it's modular thankfully). Cables inside the Amiron Home/DT 1770/DT 1990 are rather thin so I'd advise against messing around inside them much. The T1 on the other hand has some nice rather robust cabling going on inside the earcups.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #3,056 of 3,925
Don't worry about it. Most channel imbalances with the DT 48/480 can generally be mostly fixed by making sure the magnets are screwed in equally, the modular magnet is not something I've ever seen in another headphone, if I wanted to I could custom order a stronger magnet for the DT 48/480. The drivers also seem hard to kill, I'm most worry about cable failures which have been far and wide the biggest issue I had with headphones. It's what happened to my DT 1770, headband cable failed and I had to replace it(it's modular thankfully). Cables inside the Amiron Home/DT 1770/DT 1990 are rather thin so I'd advise against messing around inside them much. The T1 on the other hand has some nice rather robust cabling going on inside the earcups.
Ohh.. thanks for the info...it's really cool how Beyer is providing spare parts for older headphones...u can get new pads and headbands from beyer right ??

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #3,057 of 3,925
Ohh.. thanks for the info...it's really cool how Beyer is providing spare parts for older headphones...u can get new pads and headbands from beyer right ??

No problem, Sennheiser is also good about spare parts for their older gear. Yeah, but not sure how well they support their long discontinued models, not sure if they have any DT 48 pads/headbands left. The DT 480 is safer for spare parts because it shares parts with the DT 100/150. It's a good thing Beyer generally uses the same parts and general overall designs with their headphones over the years. But generally yes you can get replacement headbands, pads, cables. etc. from Beyer. It's a big reason I feel most comfortable with buying from both Beyer and Sennheiser as I know they will support their products well into the future.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #3,058 of 3,925
Yup... :)). Have tried the t5p gen2 ??
I've tried both the T5p first, and second generations, and couldn't get on with either of them.
Their sound-signature is very different to the T1.2.
I think they would be OK for mobile use, unlike the T1.2, but I preferred to use my DT1770's for mobile use, rather than the T5p's.
As has been said, it's very subjective what sounds 'right' to your own ears.

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #3,059 of 3,925
what would the use case be for these headphones, aren't their better alternatives in this price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back