New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Sep 4, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #3,001 of 3,924
Hey guys

There could be some problem with my T1. Im not sure whether this is a problen or not, perhap I just havent notice it before. I felt like there is some loose metal pieces inside my left ear cup or something. I can hear some small piece of metal moving inside the ear cup. Anyone else got similar problem?

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #3,004 of 3,924
Hey guys

There could be some problem with my T1. Im not sure whether this is a problen or not, perhap I just havent notice it before. I felt like there is some loose metal pieces inside my left ear cup or something. I can hear some small piece of metal moving inside the ear cup. Anyone else got similar problem?
If it's under warranty then contact your local beyerdynamic guy...they are very cooperative and helpful...will fix it for sure

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #3,005 of 3,924
Hey guys

Normally T1 has 5 years global warranty. So just look-up on the dealers on the website and let them check.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #3,006 of 3,924
Normally T1 has 5 years global warranty. So just look-up on the dealers on the website and let them check.
I have the t1.1 which I bought from a guy in US, unfortunately my Indian Beyer guy refused to provide me any warranty coverage...there was one other beyer guy who was very kind and wanted to provide me with warranty but his senior refused so he could'nt help me but he wanted to anyways...I was asked to pay service charge which quite reasonable and affordable

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #3,007 of 3,924
Hey guys, I took them to the warranty store and they open up the ear cup. It seems that there is nothing wrong (nothing loose) in there. After I few more hour investigation at home, I'm starting to think that it is the screw on the back side of the left ear cup that is the problem. The problem is, I dont have any screwdriver's head that can fit into the 6 star shape screw (or something). Can anyone tell me what type of screwdriver head do I need for this thing?

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #3,010 of 3,924
Yesterday was Christmas for me :) . Sdac balanced, dt1990, amiron home and k702. They arrived the same day for whatever reason. i will try to write some impressions but take them with a grain of salt. I don’t have to much time to play with them (1:30h a day :frowning2: ).
First impression.

Dt1990:
B-pads: I don’t like them. The bass is boosted as well as the treble. They sound closer, overwhelming and have the ssss issue (sibilant)
A-pads: I like this more. Mora natural and neutral/bright. Detail monster! With a little more open sound. They sounded like Sundara at higher volumes, they shoot you with detail and sound. Detail level is insane compared to the t1.2 and Amiron home. With this I start hearing that some music have bad recordings as well as hearing the difference between music files more easily ( I can hear difference between streaming and flac before the dt1990, but with the dt1990 everyone could hear the difference).

Amiron home: warm and relaxing. Vocals and instruments take a step back. They don’t sound as forward as the t1.2 and dt1990. They sound more open but also have the bass surround. Bass is boosted. But it doesn’t hit as hard as the others. It sounds weak and a little booming. The details on this are covered as the vocals they sound a little less clear.

T1.2nd: headphones pushed back ( angle driver directly pointing to the hears. They sound great, the bass gets controlled. Also, the mids and vocals are a little forward and clearer. Bass sounds tighter but it doesn’t have this 3D rebounded sound. The bass sounds chopped. I think I prefer to use them like this. The other way ( pushing them forward) makes the bass cover the details and vocals. But makes the bass more rounded and complete.

This headphones have their own propuse as beyerdynamic sales them:
Dt1990: studio ( detail monster).
Amiron: relaxing home listening.
T1.2nd: hifi home listening.

I try to compare them to the dt880, all of them borrow a trait from it. But none of them have the natural mellow sound the dt880 have.

Dt1990 a pads. Boosted treble and details, makes them sound a little on the artificial side and don’t forgive recordings. The sound presentation and soundstage sounds similar to dt880.

Amiron: similar mellow sound with less detail and boosted surround bass. Mids sound on the same plane as dt880, a little pushed back.

T1.2nd pushed back: I think this sound the closest from the other two. Bass boosted, mids forward. They share the same natural sound. Not bright not extremely detail.

I couldn’t test soundstage with all of them. But it seems the dt1990 its the widest with the a pads. But sound presentation makes them sound forward. The amiron sound more pushed and big, but the actual soundstage sound small. I used crossing from yosi horikawa.

Bass goes to the t1.2nd. best bass I have ever heard. Tight, controlled, 3D and meaty. Sounds like the dt880 but with more power and better definition. Dt1990 bass sounds tight but at the same time recessed, lacks the natural sound. On the t1.2nd sounds like balloons exploding. Amiron home it lacks impact and quality but at the same time it sound faster than the others ( weird bass).

Mids. Natural and warm mids t1.2nd. Dt1990 a little thin compared to the others and brighter. Amiron home pushed back and muddy.

Treble. T1.2nd good. Dt1990 a little on the sibilant side but more airy. Amiron home have enough to hear details, but muddy as well.

I was going to return my t1.2nd before my amiron and dt1990 arrived. Now I don’t know! They have unique quality that makes them special. As stated, they have different use scenarios. Right know I am more intrigued by the dt1990. I will give them a full 1-2week run. Then I will use the amiron.

Right know the I prefer t1.2nd > dt1990 > amiron home.

Using my t1.2nd back and forth with dt880. I couldn’t tell which one I like more. The t1.2nd can spoil you easily with hits beautiful mids and amazing bass. But the dt880 natural sound is unbeatable ( I need to try hd600 to decide), not even the k702 ( I like them but lacks the bass the dt880 have).

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #3,011 of 3,924
Yesterday was Christmas for me :) . Sdac balanced, dt1990, amiron home and k702. They arrived the same day for whatever reason. i will try to write some impressions but take them with a grain of salt. I don’t have to much time to play with them (1:30h a day :frowning2: ).
First impression.

Dt1990:
B-pads: I don’t like them. The bass is boosted as well as the treble. They sound closer, overwhelming and have the ssss issue (sibilant)
A-pads: I like this more. Mora natural and neutral/bright. Detail monster! With a little more open sound. They sounded like Sundara at higher volumes, they shoot you with detail and sound. Detail level is insane compared to the t1.2 and Amiron home. With this I start hearing that some music have bad recordings as well as hearing the difference between music files more easily ( I can hear difference between streaming and flac before the dt1990, but with the dt1990 everyone could hear the difference).

Amiron home: warm and relaxing. Vocals and instruments take a step back. They don’t sound as forward as the t1.2 and dt1990. They sound more open but also have the bass surround. Bass is boosted. But it doesn’t hit as hard as the others. It sounds weak and a little booming. The details on this are covered as the vocals they sound a little less clear.

T1.2nd: headphones pushed back ( angle driver directly pointing to the hears. They sound great, the bass gets controlled. Also, the mids and vocals are a little forward and clearer. Bass sounds tighter but it doesn’t have this 3D rebounded sound. The bass sounds chopped. I think I prefer to use them like this. The other way ( pushing them forward) makes the bass cover the details and vocals. But makes the bass more rounded and complete.

I try to compare them to the dt880, all of them borrow a trait from it. But none of them have the natural mellow sound the dt880 have.

Dt1990 a pads. Boosted treble and details, makes them sound a little on the artificial side and don’t forgive recordings. The sound presentation and soundstage sounds similar to dt880.

Amiron: similar mellow sound with less detail and boosted surround bass. Mids sound on the same plane as dt880, a little pushed back.

T1.2nd pushed back: I think this sound the closest from the other two. Bass boosted, mids forward. They share the same natural sound. Not bright not extremely detail.

I couldn’t test soundstage with all of them. But it seems the dt1990 its the widest with the a pads. But sound presentation makes them sound forward. The amiron sound more pushed and big, but the actual soundstage sound small. I used crossing from yosi horikawa.

Bass goes to the t1.2nd. best bass I have ever heard. Tight, controlled, 3D and meaty. Sounds like the dt880 but with more power and better definition. Dt1990 bass sounds tight but at the same time recessed, lacks the natural sound. On the t1.2nd sounds like balloons exploding. Amiron home it lacks impact and quality but at the same time it sound faster than the others ( weird bass).

Mids. Natural and warm mids t1.2nd. Dt1990 a little thin compared to the others and brighter. Amiron home pushed back and muddy.

Treble. T1.2nd good. Dt1990 a little on the sibilant side but more airy. Amiron home have enough to hear details, but muddy as well.

I was going to return my t1.2nd before my amiron and dt1990 arrived. Now I don’t know! They have unique quality that makes them special. As stated, they have different use scenarios. Right know I am more intrigued by the dt1990. I will give them a full 1-2week run. Then I will use the amiron.

Using my t1.2nd back and forth with dt880. I couldn’t tell which one I like more. The t1.2nd can spoil you easily with hits beautiful mids and amazing bass. But the dt880 natural sound is unbeatable ( I need to try hd600 to decide), not even the k702 ( I like them but lacks the bass the dt880 have).

Nice first impressions of the headphones. I have somewhat different impressions, each one of the three have their unique traits, I can hear the family resemblance, but they are definitely different. My impressions of the Amiron Home and DT 1990 do differ a bit, but I have a different system and have spent a lot of time with both of those. The T1.2 is the best of those headphones overall imho. The Amiron Home grew on me, I liked the DT 1990 more at first when I had both the Amiron Home and DT 1990.

My ranking of the Beyers I have heard would be the DT 480(modded) -> T1.2 -> Amiron Home -> DT 1990. Don't have a DT 880 currently, been a few months since I heard those and not sure where I would rank them currently. The HD 600 is very natural sounding but honestly maybe a bit too boring.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #3,012 of 3,924
First impression.

Dt1990:

Wow...nice detailed analysis...makes me more confused...but listen to only my review coz it's the real truth. Dt 1990, Amiron Home and Beyerdynamic T1 all are gem of a headphone...Beyer has produced a great line up of Tesla 2.0 headphones, the first run with t70 and t90 not that good but the new ones are great... people can be Happy with either of these...I bought the Amirons first, I was so impressed I didn't ever bother to check out the 1990 but will try them soon.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #3,013 of 3,924
Thank you guys. Yes take my first impression with a grain of salt. My current setup is Sdac Balanced and liquid spark ( a little on the warm side and little less treble than the famous JDS atom). I am new to the audiophile community, i dont know the terms but i have a picky ears.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #3,014 of 3,924
Thank you guys. Yes take my first impression with a grain of salt. My current setup is Sdac Balanced and liquid spark ( a little on the warm side and little less treble than the famous JDS atom). I am new to the audiophile community, i dont know the terms but i have a picky ears.

No problem. I'm using an Asgard 3 Multibit currently, it's a new amp and dac for me so still getting a handle of how things sound on it, need to try more headphones on it. My T1.2 is also new, so getting some good use into them before I post my review of them. You did really with with your impressions, learning the terms better comes with time.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #3,015 of 3,924
Don't worry man ur impressions are quite similar to my own... really appreciate u guys for taking ur time to write up and making headfi useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back