New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Nov 27, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,876 of 3,927

Sorry, but have never heard Hugo, and Mojo is indeed powerful enough to drive the T1g2

Hi, thanks! Have you heard the Acoustic research M2 with the T1 gen2s? I am pretty disappointed by the combo.. Sound is thin and not loud enough.. My DT1350 sound much better with the M2 but they cost much less.. Any suggestions?

Is it the same with the Mojo?

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,877 of 3,927
  Hi, thanks! Have you heard the Acoustic research M2 with the T1 gen2s? I am pretty disappointed by the combo.. Sound is thin and not loud enough.. My DT1350 sound much better with the M2 but they cost much less.. Any suggestions?

Nope, not heard M2 either.

Mojo is a great dac/amp and its sound is not thin, but my 'best' suggestions, which is what you asked for, are as in post #1871, with Elise as the amplifier. 

Always bear in mind this is just my personal opinion-your ears may be completely different from mine. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #1,878 of 3,927

I've heard AR M2 and this DAP never impressed me with anything. Opus #1 literally blew it out of the water with overall usability and pure sound quality. Although I've preferred T5p v2 over T1 v2 on both.

Unfortunately I had to send Mojo back before any listening sessions. I am currently waiting for new sample for review but by the time it will arrive, both BD will be long gone.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,880 of 3,927
Can anyone do a T1 2nd gen vs Sennheiser HD800?
I'm especially interested in details retrieval and soundstage.
Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782754/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread/9480#post_12515154

Here you go buddy...  sound stage seems to be little better on the HD800S.    Oh wait... this one is for HD800S not HD800  hope it still helps

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #1,881 of 3,927
Can anyone do a T1 2nd gen vs Sennheiser HD800?
I'm especially interested in details retrieval and soundstage.
Thanks!

I've heard both of them. The HD800 has a better soundstage - probably the best out there. But I thought its tone was somewhat dry and uninvolving. That may be due to the way it was amped, I don't know. The T1 has the natural Beyer tone, which I find more appealing. It also may have better bass when needed. I'm going to be trying the HD800S soon, but if I was stuck with the T1, I'd be very happy. With the T1 I just enjoy music without analyzing it all the time.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #1,882 of 3,927
I've heard both of them. The HD800 has a better soundstage - probably the best out there. But I thought its tone was somewhat dry and uninvolving. That may be due to the way it was amped, I don't know. The T1 has the natural Beyer tone, which I find more appealing. It also may have better bass when needed. I'm going to be trying the HD800S soon, but if I was stuck with the T1, I'd be very happy. With the T1 I just enjoy music without analyzing it all the time.
HD800S is more musical than T1.1 out of SS amp for sure, soundstage is much bigger in my opinion on the HD800S.

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #1,884 of 3,927
do you guys know what the difference is between the regular beyerdynamic t1 2nd generation and the Astell & Kern T1 version???  I am still on time to return mine and get this one but struggling to find the difference between them. 

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product/IRAKT1P/Astell-Kern-AKT1P-Beyerdynamic-Tesla-Balanced-Semi-Open-Back-Stereo-Headphones

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #1,885 of 3,927
  do you guys know what the difference is between the regular beyerdynamic t1 2nd generation and the Astell & Kern T1 version???  I am still on time to return mine and get this one but struggling to find the difference between them. 

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product/IRAKT1P/Astell-Kern-AKT1P-Beyerdynamic-Tesla-Balanced-Semi-Open-Back-Stereo-Headphones

600 vs 32ohms...
...and an additional balanced cable
beyersmile.png

beerchug.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #1,887 of 3,927
Excuse my ignorance. What would that mean on the real world for me? I got a chord Hugo

I'll let a resident T1 owner clarify why 600ohms is nirvana but FWIW, I'm still chewing on this...

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-impedance

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,888 of 3,927
Thanks...  I still a bit confused.   Sorry really new to the AudioPhile stuff.   I got a chord hugo so that would be solid state amp.     Just wondering if anyone have tried the Astell & Kern  version and if it sounds better.   is about 200 more than original beyerdynamic t1 2nd gen

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #1,890 of 3,927

Originally Posted by HOWIE13

Amplifier is Feliks-Audio Elise, which with the present awful exchange rates, will cost you about £600

Originally Posted by ostewart

Otherwise the Feliks Elise is amazing, but a little out of your budget, I have tried the T1 from the Espressivo and that does do them justice too, just not quite on the same level as the Elise.

Can't agreed more with both of them.

Feliks Elise is a superb amp especially for T1. I came from SS amp such as beyer A2, lehmann linear, after the experience of the Elise, I sold them all.

For £600, the Elise amp is a steal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back