HD800 or T1 2nd?

And why?

Really hard to choose...

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #1,819 of 3,924
HD800 or T1 2nd?

And why?

Really hard to choose...

It's a tough call that I'm facing too.
Amazon, from tomorrow, I think are giving until the end of January for returns if you can find one at the right price to trial.
Then there's the HD800S which, (like the T1g2 compared to the g1) I believe has a bit less treble than the HD800.
I recently bought a T1g2 and there was no sound from the left driver but excellent Amazon immediately sent a replacement and I'm very happy with it, but I would still like to hear one of the Senns to compare.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #1,820 of 3,924
  It's a tough call that I'm facing too.
Amazon, from tomorrow, I think are giving until the end of January for returns if you can find one at the right price to trial.
Then there's the HD800S which, (like the T1g2 compared to the g1) I believe has a bit less treble than the HD800.
I recently bought a T1g2 and there was no sound from the left driver but excellent Amazon immediately sent a replacement and I'm very happy with it, but I would still like to hear one of the Senns to compare.

What?

UNTIL 1st JANUARY?  WOW

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #1,822 of 3,924
Nov 11, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #1,824 of 3,924
Hi guys quick question. I bought a Bottlehead Stax with Speedball and I am using it with my T1 2nd Gen. My other amp was cambridge audio stereo amp I was using the headphone jack. Could it be that the stock valves that come with the amp are dampening completely the spikes in high frequency? I cannot feel any excessive treble anymore, Paganini sounds like I am in a bloody concert hall.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #1,825 of 3,924
  Hi guys quick question. I bought a Bottlehead Stax with Speedball and I am using it with my T1 2nd Gen. My other amp was cambridge audio stereo amp I was using the headphone jack. Could it be that the stock valves that come with the amp are dampening completely the spikes in high frequency? I cannot feel any excessive treble anymore, Paganini sounds like I am in a bloody concert hall.

I've never heard of a 'Bottlehead Stax' but in general I've found headphone outputs in room speaker audio amplifiers are rarely powerful enough to drive headphones to their full potential. 
It's far more likely your Bottlehead is reproducing the highs correctly and the Cambridge sounded bright, with treble peakiness, because of lack of weight and control of the lower mids and bass as well as struggling to refine the highest frequencies.

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #1,826 of 3,924
Hi, I was aware of that so I was driving them from the speakers output of my power amplifier, maybe not the best set up... anyway now they sound truly great. Anyone has a suggestion for a replacement of the power valve? It sit on top of the signal line and I know there are more expensive alternatives out there. I am asking here since I am searching for someone that has paired the tube tube specifically to the T1 2nd. Thanks

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #1,827 of 3,924
I run my Crack with a coke-bottle RCA 6AS7G or Tung Sol 5998 and either a GE 12AU7 or CBS 5814A.

Nov 20, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #1,828 of 3,924

I went on the site to see myself

and i saw it fluctuating from as low as 357 quid to like 750 or summat with a refresh

so its possible

it happens on amazon.ca sometimes as well, some high end phones were selling for $8.88, e.g like a dt880 by new sellers, so obv something is fishy

but i guess if you can snag a deal with amazon (not third party, as some are obv scammers), they will honor it

happy fishing

There are lots of fake sellers on Amazon at the moment. They're usually pretty easy to spot as they offer very low prices and in the item condition description they tell you to contact them before ordering. They will then tell you to pay them through bank transfer or with an Amazon gift card. They will also send very authentic order confirmations with payment instructions. It's interesting to look at the price history of any electrical item because you will see the price spiking to very low levels over the last few month, and it's most likely scammers. Some of them set up new accounts, but some hack existing sellers' accounts.

I found this out when I tried ordering a Pioneer U-05. It was very fishy so I strung them on a bit and reported them to Amazon. 

The reason I'm here though is that I just ordered a pair of T1.2s from Amazon - Amazon was the seller, so I'm pretty sure I'll get them :) I currently have T90s, driven by a Chord Mojo, so I'm looking forward to hearing how they sound. I've read some people say the Mojo drives the T1s well, and others say that it doesn't. Hmm, I wonder if I'll need to buy an amp as well.

-Mark.

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #1,829 of 3,924
  There are lots of fake sellers on Amazon at the moment. They're usually pretty easy to spot as they offer very low prices and in the item condition description they tell you to contact them before ordering. They will then tell you to pay them through bank transfer or with an Amazon gift card. They will also send very authentic order confirmations with payment instructions. It's interesting to look at the price history of any electrical item because you will see the price spiking to very low levels over the last few month, and it's most likely scammers. Some of them set up new accounts, but some hack existing sellers' accounts.

I found this out when I tried ordering a Pioneer U-05. It was very fishy so I strung them on a bit and reported them to Amazon. 

The reason I'm here though is that I just ordered a pair of T1.2s from Amazon - Amazon was the seller, so I'm pretty sure I'll get them :) I currently have T90s, driven by a Chord Mojo, so I'm looking forward to hearing how they sound. I've read some people say the Mojo drives the T1s well, and others say that it doesn't. Hmm, I wonder if I'll need to buy an amp as well.

-Mark.

Mojo and T1g2 work very well for me.

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #1,830 of 3,924
How much does the sound improve or at least change with a T1 2nd gen over the T90s?

Enviado desde mi H1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back