New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Aug 17, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #1,711 of 3,924
Finally got a proper amp to drive the Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Generation. :)

6243c4051528fead09b8bb3c93ec5e7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #1,712 of 3,924

The Espressivo is a cracking amp for the money, excellent value for money. Get some Voskhod tubes and it works even better for very little money.
I am getting the Elise on loan from Feliks Audio and will report back, as I can borrow some T1 2nd Gens to use it with :)

Hey, How's the impression of Elise with T1.2?

I'm considering the Elise instead of Espressivo. But anyone can suggest the best power and driver tube combination? I'm currently using Lehmann linear, find too neutral and a little bit sonic. Prefer a warm, lush, musical sound from T1. Any suggestion?

Plus, I see there are 2 options for the Elise, one is standard - Tung Sol6SN7, another is upgraded version: Premium drivers. Quite confused about that upgraded one, what is the model of the premium drivers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,713 of 3,924
  Hey, How's the impression of Elise with T1.2?

I'm considering the Elise instead of Espressivo. But anyone can suggest the best power and driver tube combination? I'm currently using Lehmann linear, find too neutral and a little bit sonic. Prefer a warm, lush, musical sound from T1. Any suggestion?

Plus, I see there are 2 options for the Elise, one is standard - Tung Sol6SN7, another is upgraded version: Premium drivers. Quite confused about that upgraded one, what is the model of the premium drivers?

Any help would be appreciated.

I ran the T1 2nd Generation from the Elise at CanJam London and it attracted quite a bit of attention, with a wider soundstage than the Beyer A2 amp, it is smoother sounding also, but still lets the detail through. A very good and enjoyable pairing that can be improved by changing the stock valves for some more detailed ones.

So the Elise offers a smooth and very wide sound, with plenty of power also.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #1,714 of 3,924

I ran the T1 2nd Generation from the Elise at CanJam London and it attracted quite a bit of attention, with a wider soundstage than the Beyer A2 amp, it is smoother sounding also, but still lets the detail through. A very good and enjoyable pairing that can be improved by changing the stock valves for some more detailed ones.

So the Elise offers a smooth and very wide sound, with plenty of power also.

Thanks Ostewart. Just purchased the Elise. One of my friends went to CanJam and had a small audition of T1 with Elise. He told me that with Elise, T1 is more lively compared to A2, with A2, T1 just sounds boring and rigid. 

However, he was a bit pissed off by the staff member at Beyer stall during audition with Elise. Paused him in the middle of the listening and plugged the T1 to their A2 instead. LOL. Quote my friend's word" Looks like they don't feel confident with their flagship A2 and afraid of cheaper Elise outperforming it which is a solid fact."

Anyway, thanks for bringing the Elise topic to this thread, I'm now more active in the tread of Elise. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #1,715 of 3,924
 Thanks Ostewart. Just purchased the Elise. One of my friends went to CanJam and had a small audition of T1 with Elise. He told me that with Elise, T1 is more lively compared to A2, with A2, T1 just sounds boring and rigid.

However, he was a bit pissed off by the staff member at Beyer stall during audition with Elise. Paused him in the middle of the listening and plugged the T1 to their A2 instead. LOL. Quote my friend's word" Looks like they don't feel confident with their flagship A2 and afraid of cheaper Elise outperforming it which is a solid fact."

Anyway, thanks for bringing the Elise topic to this thread, I'm now more active in the tread of Elise.

If it was the young person (22 year old) with the beard at the stand who did that, please apologise for me (as it was me

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,717 of 3,924
so got the LD MKIII yesterday finally and didn't get home to test it until midnight after playing sport and then car died in the middle of nowhere. once set the gains to work with 600ohm and using stock tubes i am very happy, yes noticeably better than STX stock amp. the sound is more enjoyable than the stax 4170. much more musical and i can tell the tube sound. now i feel like the T1.2 is worth the money. so i will let both of these burn in a bit. the headphone i probably only had 4 hours on it so far. so yeah definitely the T1.2 is a keeper together with the little dot. overally i am glad it now sounds totally different than the electrostatics. why i buy the beyer in the first place. 

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #1,721 of 3,924
  so got the LD MKIII yesterday finally and didn't get home to test it until midnight after playing sport and then car died in the middle of nowhere. once set the gains to work with 600ohm and using stock tubes i am very happy, yes noticeably better than STX stock amp. the sound is more enjoyable than the stax 4170. much more musical and i can tell the tube sound. now i feel like the T1.2 is worth the money. so i will let both of these burn in a bit. the headphone i probably only had 4 hours on it so far. so yeah definitely the T1.2 is a keeper together with the little dot. overally i am glad it now sounds totally different than the electrostatics. why i buy the beyer in the first place. 

Great news I have not got caught up intube rolling I just wanted to tame the treble spike in the T1.1 so went with the Mullards and a good power tube and it sounds great much better than stock :)

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #1,722 of 3,924
Right now I own the Fiio X5 (v1) and PSB MAU1 headphones and I enjoy the combo. I would like to take a step up so I am thinking of the Beyerdynamic T1 v2 and iBasso DX90 portable player. Would the iBasso drive the T1s? Would an amp really help. I also listen with my Dell XPS15 laptop. I am hoping the T1 v2 and iBasso would work well together as I like not having to be tied to any cord. If that combo could use some amplification would you recommend any portable amps?

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #1,723 of 3,924
For those of you in Europe there's some great deals on T1 second generation headphones on Amazon. Priced around 500 euros, but very limited quantities ànd unfortunately no shipping to Mexico.

UPDATE: The bargains are gone but may come back. I've been using this site http://www.curiua.com[/UuRL] to monitor the pricing.

There is a great price on the T5p 2nd Gen on the UK site at the moment. And they deduct the UK tax on exports.

Aug 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #1,724 of 3,924
I picked up some T1 Second generation headphones on the UK site yesterday for a great price. I'm really looking forward to trying these great phones out. I've got the old generation T5p and quite like the Beyerdynamic sound with the exception of the anemic bass. Unfortunately the low price is now gone but they seem to fluctuate frequently.

Aug 27, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #1,725 of 3,924
I too just ordered the T1.2 and waiting for them to arrive. When the price dropped this week at Amazon.ca for $300 less I just couldn't resist. I'm hoping they pair nicely with my Onkyo DAC-HA200 and that it has enough power to drive the T1 2nd gen... The specs on the HA200 amp are 35mW + 35mW @ 600 ohm. Does anyone know if that's good. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back