New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jul 22, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,651 of 3,924

ok thanks guys. that's a cheap way to play a bit first. before getting something from Woo. I recently learnt all about the different brands and value for money vacuum amps like the little dot. heck a lot of revisions on this brand.

I also recently looked into "tube rolling" somehow gives me the feeling people talking about it like addicted to chems. lol. posting on couple thousand dollar of vintage vacuum tubes. my grandparents had a telefunken big wooden radio I remember as a kid I looked behind it is full of "light bulbs" until later I realized those are called vacuum tubes. a collected a lot of dust back there too : ) maybe that's why it's not working properly. wish I restored it. probably sold for a few bucks to Chinese garbage collectors. i'll shop around for the LD MKII see any good deals.

The standard tubes it comes with are a real step up from the Asus ST but the tubes I quoted earlier are a different world with the T1.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #1,652 of 3,924

definitely cheaper way to test systems out. ok thank you I will shop around. later I can use this set up you recommended at work on the dt1350 and when I save up a bit more and wait for (hopefully) currency exchange favors Canada a bit more I will get the WA2. love buying highend reputable name stuff. can't really go wrong with well documented things.

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #1,653 of 3,924
  Thanks for the impressions, and it is rather odd (the build quality with your T1).  Are you sure it was brand new/ did it come straight from Beyer?

from amazon.ca. looks new to me. not a big deal. sound is fine. no driver problem from what I can hear and should have 5 year warranty. it was on sale for 900 for 2 days before back to over 1100.
I'm in a small town now so don't have any choice but to buy online.

just the ear pad on one side not put properly all the way. oh actually if I pick on this the headphone cable where connect to the ear cup one side is a little bit longer than the other. do you guys cable have perfect cut length where it split?

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #1,654 of 3,924
from amazon.ca. looks new to me. not a big deal. sound is fine. no driver problem from what I can hear and should have 5 year warranty. it was on sale for 900 for 2 days before back to over 1100.
I'm in a small town now so don't have any choice but to buy online.

just the ear pad on one side not put properly all the way. oh actually if I pick on this the headphone cable where connect to the ear cup one side is a little bit longer than the other. do you guys cable have perfect cut length where it split?

Okay wow...that's some interesting build quality right from the factory I suppose.

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #1,655 of 3,924
My first ones sent from amazon were dead in the left earcup so I had to send them back for a replacement. Apart from that they are a superb headphone

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #1,657 of 3,924
For me, tube rolling is just a native way of EQ. There's plenty of threads about matching tubes to cans to ears. It doesn't take a lot of experimentation to find tubes to your liking.

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,658 of 3,924
has anyone tried some upgrade cables? I know that the stock cable is much better now than before with the previous version, but still curious if it's possible to get any more improvements...
found one made of pure silver here. Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #1,659 of 3,924

showed these t1 to a friend who prefer youtube music videos he thinks it's better than stax. the stax had cold tubes.

I decided to get the little dot mkiii and later get those mullard m8100 tubes. will be getting them next week. wait a little bit for currency to change and also will be out of town for a week. want to be waiting for this thing to arrive. then will be breaking in both the headphone and amplifier at the same time.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,660 of 3,924

showed these t1 to a friend who prefer youtube music videos he thinks it's better than stax. the stax had cold tubes.

I decided to get the little dot mkiii and later get those mullard m8100 tubes. will be getting them next week. wait a little bit for currency to change and also will be out of town for a week. want to be waiting for this thing to arrive. then will be breaking in both the headphone and amplifier at the same time.

You need to get your friend off of youtube.  
biggrin.gif

Have fun with the Mk3.  I've heard great things about it.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #1,661 of 3,924
had a listen today using beyerdynamic's own amp and a chord mojo... vastly preferred 800S and Ether Open over the T1.2,

then I read this review and I understood why

http://sonarworks.com/2016/04/beyerdynamic-t1-2nd-gen-headphone-test/

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #1,662 of 3,924
had a listen today using beyerdynamic's own amp and a chord mojo... vastly preferred 800S and Ether Open over the T1.2,

then I read this review and I understood why

http://sonarworks.com/2016/04/beyerdynamic-t1-2nd-gen-headphone-test/

I really do like the T1.1, in some ways more so than the HD800s.  I'm not so sure about the T1.2 as I haven't heard those critically in a while.  Never touched the Ether before...they're kinda hard to find. 

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,664 of 3,924
Hi, I can buy the Beyerdynamic T1 Genration 2 for only 655 Euros and the Fostex TH-610 cost 563 Euros.

Which one should I get? Which headphone is the better in terms of sound quality? Which one has better imaging? Which one has 3 dimensional soundstage?

Thank you in advance!

Jul 29, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,665 of 3,924
  Hi, I can buy the Beyerdynamic T1 Genration 2 for only 655 Euros and the Fostex TH-610 cost 563 Euros.

Which one should I get? Which headphone is the better in terms of sound quality? Which one has better imaging? Which one has 3 dimensional soundstage?

Thank you in advance!

I would personally go for the T1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back