New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Mar 25, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,216 of 3,924

May I know why you like the HD800s better?

Thanks

HD800s got thicker bass. More fullfilled midrange. A bit more polite. Also the vocal presentation is closer to listener face. HD800 got more distant sound signature. Also the upper midrange is more smooth with HD800s. But still ir relation to price I fine T1 V2 better. And to my head T1 are far more comfortable.

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #1,222 of 3,924
  I recall the 1st Gen T1 and the Sony UDA-1 sounded rather bright.

Definitely not the case with the Gen 2s. There are one or two songs where the treble becomes a little too bright for my liking, but as I've said, just one or two. 

It was around 2am my time when I decided to give it the T1 2nd gen a go before bed time, just one or two songs really because I've yet to actually do some serious listening prior to that.

I ended up sleeping an hour later because it just feels so ... in place.

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #1,223 of 3,924
What's the cheapest price for T1s and is it considered a "fun" headphone? Looking for something TOTL now that I already own HD600s. Don't think HD800s will be worth it since it will be the same neutral signature as the HD600s which are somewhat boring to me though have a place

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,224 of 3,924
Buy in Poland :) Here these goes for 800$/700Euros (MP3Store Spring Promotions)
These are not exactly fun headphones. Rather neutral, slightly boosted in treble and bass. But overall clear sounding and well defined with soundstage. Very very comfortable. More resolving than HD600, but less forgiving to recordings.

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,225 of 3,924
  Hi, Got my T12nd gen today..................................no sound out of right driver at all.

Bought them from Amazon and they organized a pick up for tomorrow and delivering replacement on Saturday.....Thank the gods and goddesses for Amazon!.............they make issues like this go so smoothly and all with a few sentences via e-mail and all is sorted so quickly.

But back to the point. I don't know if this is an isolated issue or not, if it is then it isn't so bad I guess, though high end hand made TOTL headphones should not be leaving the factory without sound!

My friend faces the same issue with his LCD4 :frowning2: . I don't know how the QC can miss such basic failure.

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #1,226 of 3,924
My friend faces the same issue with his LCD4 :frowning2: . I don't know how the QC can miss such basic failure.

Most likely the headphones left the factory fully functional, but got mishandled (e.g. dropped, knocked) in one of the supply chain processes. Beyer should use another logistics service provider.

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #1,227 of 3,924
Most likely the headphones left the factory fully functional, but got mishandled (e.g. dropped, knocked) in one of the supply chain processes. Beyer should use another logistics service provider.

They should if it were a known problem, so far this is the first I have heard of a pair going wrong so I would put it down to an isolated incident rather than a common one.

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,229 of 3,924
  What's the cheapest price for T1s and is it considered a "fun" headphone? Looking for something TOTL now that I already own HD600s. Don't think HD800s will be worth it since it will be the same neutral signature as the HD600s which are somewhat boring to me though have a place

I don't see too much similarity in the soudn signatures of the HD600 and the HD800 to be honest...
And no, the only TOTL headphone I know of that might be called a fun headphone is the TH900. The T1 was characterized quite good by @Synthax 

Of course it always depends on your needs. High-End might not be the way to go if your intention is a fun signature. There's nothing wrong with that, and there are numerous offerings available catering to quite diverse preferences. Many consider the T1 bass response not strong enough for electronica (I don't share this opinion though), otehrs love its detailed presentation etc.

Another thing to consider is the rest of your chain, i.e. source and amp. The 600Ohm T1 might not be the best fit for every amp.

So if you provide us with some details on your preferred style of music, listening environment (the T1 is semi-open, so it leaks and lets outside noise through) and the electronics used to drive your headphones, we might be able to better answer your question.

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,230 of 3,924
  Many consider the T1 bass response not strong enough for electronica (I don't share this opinion though)

Same here, I consider myself to be a bit of a basshead and listen to a lot of electronic music, but don't think the T1 (I got the original one) lacks anything in the low end. I wonder what headphones these people prefer then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back