New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Oct 5, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #422 of 3,929
Are any sites in the UK selling these yet?

HomeAV Direct from their website has it http://homeavdirect.co.uk/beyerdynamic-t1-audiophile-headphones
though some of the pictures for some reason still have the 1st gen mixed with 2nd gen. But description and r.r.p sugest it is the 2nd gen. HomeAv Direct seems to have them on sale for some time now, the price seems to have drop even more, i remember couple of weeks ago it was £20-30 more i think. But right now it seems to be £100 less than he560 which seems to be a good price.

You should also be aware HomeAv DIrect also sell things on amazon. But do not buy the one off amazon as this is most likely the 1st gen but £100 more. HomeAv Direct for some reason only sells things exclusively on amazon. The Denon d600 is example of this, sometimes you will find HomeAV Direct selling it on amazon but never from their website.

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #423 of 3,929

Are any sites in the UK selling these yet?

HomeAV Direct from their website has it http://homeavdirect.co.uk/beyerdynamic-t1-audiophile-headphones
though some of the pictures for some reason still have the 1st gen mixed with 2nd gen. But description and r.r.p sugest it is the 2nd gen. HomeAv Direct seems to have them on sale for some time now, the price seems to have drop even more, i remember couple of weeks ago it was £20-30 more i think. But right now it seems to be £100 less than he560 which seems to be a good price.

You should also be aware HomeAv DIrect also sell things on amazon. But do not buy the one off amazon as this is most likely the 1st gen but £100 more. HomeAv Direct for some reason only sells things exclusively on amazon. The Denon d600 is example of this, sometimes you will find HomeAV Direct selling it on amazon but never from their website.

I strongly doubt it is 2nd generation, in my opinion some of their employees just copy and paste the offical description without thinking. I will call them tomorrow and we will find out.

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #424 of 3,929
  I strongly doubt it is 2nd generation, in my opinion some of their employees just copy and paste the offical description without thinking. I will call them tomorrow and we will find out.

Please confirm as soon as possible if they are the 2nd generation model.

Btw, if anyone wants the original T1, amazon (UK) are doing them for ~£550 last I saw.

I want the 2nd generation model though.

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #425 of 3,929

Please confirm as soon as possible if they are the 2nd generation model.

Btw, if anyone wants the original T1, amazon (UK) are doing them for ~£550 last I saw.

I want the 2nd generation model though.

If you check the feature of that T1 on HomeAV. It is still talking about the old T1, "Balanced 6-pin cable", Connector:Gold vaporised 1/4" stereo jack plug (6.35 mm), instead of detachable. If let's think harder, it's just a new model release less than a month, everywhere right now selling around £780 in average, HomeAV makes it onsale? really? If they sell the 2nd one, why dont they put it on amazon by displaying second generation? 

I dare to say 95% it's still old T1, it's just their indiscret work attitude and non-professional knowledge of headphone models. Again, it's some of their employees' fault by just copying and pasting T1 information from offcial webiste without thinking there is no old T1 description on beyer website. 

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #427 of 3,929
  Called HomeAV direct, confirmed, just as what I expected, it's 1st generation. Silver aluminium case with non-detachable cable.

Ah well, no real surprise there.

That said the T1 (original version) has dropped to £499 on Amazon and it's becoming harder to wait it out for the T1 2nd generation especially if the price keeps falling like this.

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #428 of 3,929

Ah well, no real surprise there.

That said the T1 (original version) has dropped to £499 on Amazon and it's becoming harder to wait it out for the T1 2nd generation especially if the price keeps falling like this.

£200 more for detachable cable and more refined sound, people vaules things differently. T1 2nd generation might have the same pirce-drop situation in a few years later, that's the market of digital product, man. 

If all are super rational about the vaule of the goods. Diamond or gold investment is a way to go. 
cool.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #432 of 3,929
So having now heard the DT 1770 and liking it a lot, I'm now starting to wonder whether T1.2 is the (semi)open HP to rule them all - could I buy these and sell off the others and be content? Simplify my headfi life... Hmm

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #433 of 3,929
So having now heard the DT 1770 and liking it a lot, I'm now starting to wonder whether T1.2 is the (semi)open HP to rule them all - could I buy these and sell off the others and be content? Simplify my headfi life... Hmm
Everthing whould improve, but bass is clearly not. Only audeze lcd line up's bass can compete, you loose bass, but you gain in over areas.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #434 of 3,929
Hey guys, I am back in the thread. Will try to catch up with your last messages and help, where necessary.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #435 of 3,929
About T1 2nd with Lehamn linear vs Beyerdynamic A20

After around 2-week audition with T1 2nd. and A20, I still can't resisit the temptation of trying new combo with T1 2nd. Especially lehmann linear, that was my dream amplifer a few years ago. Fortunately, someone on Ebay UK sold his Lehman linear at £370 and of course, I'm the buyer. 

As pre-amplifier to active-speaker: Lehmann linear wins

One of my requirement for my headphone amplifier is it must  has another output to my active speaker to form a compact desktop audio HIFI-system. However, I'm not totally satisified with Beyer A20 is that its output to my active speaker (Ruark MR1), its just simply pick up audio singal from the input sockets and "route it" to active speaker, which means my speaker doesnt gain any benefit from A20, it just passivley conncet to it. Unlike Lehmann linear, it can really play a role of pre-amplifier for my active speaker, and make a significant improvement creating a more refined sound on my Ruark MR1 speaker.

As headphone amplifier to T1 2nd: I'm struggling and feel a little disappointed

Let me talk about the price of those two amp 1st. In european market, Beyerdynamic A20 (£370 on amazon UK) is categorized into £300 to £500 middle-class level amplifier while Lehman linear cost around £650 (U.S 1119), some head-fi reveiw even put Lehmann linear into top-class amplifier. However, super weird enough, in China, a NEW lehmann linear only cost £390 which has the similar price to A20. So in chinese headphone-fi circle, Lehmann linear amp is regarded as entry level amp, some of chinese sellers said to me that Lehmann is not even a middle-class amplifier and recommended Lake people or vi­ol­ectric to me. Such a confusion of amplifier category determination on the market will more or less give consumers some impact psychologically, since the money we pay somehow vaule the quality accordingly. 

Comes to the amplifier sound for T1 2ND. The previous psychological impact i talked about does give me a quite hard time to tell which of them are supposed to be better? I do like A20's sound for T1, it softens the harshness of T1 especially in treble, bass is so bunchy and well-extended, just a tad boomy. Soundstage on A20 is wide.

For Lehmann linear, as it is supposed to be two times expensive than A20, I expect also 2 times better than A20. However, I'm very disappointed about that. The only thing I feel much better than A20 is the mid-treble, it's more natural than A20, especially for some female vocal, the some high-pitch is much more soothing. Bass on Lehmann, is tigheter and more well-controlled, however, lack of puchness and depth like A20, and it's not that well-extend as A20. The more dissappointing thing on Lehmann thing is: Under big dynamic music (like piano concerto : Rachmaninov Theme of Paganini), the whole sound got softened and weak. Something like a drunk man got his legs flaoting when the liquer shot hit.

Again, I don't know it's just my personal preference to a certain sound signature or the more expensive Lehmann should sound like this, and this should be a better sound signature and I should get used to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back