New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Sep 26, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #361 of 3,924
I'm "this" close on pulling the trigger, may I ask why you decided to return it?

My ears has become more sensitive to treble so I had to return it. It is better than T1 though IMHO. Best of the line so far and soooo comfortable. So if you don't mind beyertreble this is the headphone to get!

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #362 of 3,924
If you want an awesome beyer without the annoying treble, you could simply get a DT1350 :p not really much of a soundstage, but hey, other than that... costs 250. Might have to tune down the mids somewhat though. can get shouty

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #363 of 3,924
  What's wrong with the stock cable? I was supposed to be high quality...

mmm...no idea yet since I have not received my T1.2 (is it still the same stock cable as the T1 or different?). In any case, by making the cable detachable, it invites people to try different cables for the same reasons that other headphones with detachable cables have: alter or fine-tune the sound signature, opt for a shorter, more travel-friendly cable (1.2 to 1.5 meters), improve the performance (debatable, of course) and so on and so forth.

Sep 27, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #367 of 3,924

Got the DT150, pretty underrated can :)

How do the DT150 compare to the DT1350? Cause I'm basically looking for a DT1350 with bigger soundstage and more relaxed mids. I've ordered the Audeze EL-8O, curious if they'll fit my taste. All I have is a Fiio E10k to amplify, so I figured that if I want to try a planar magnetic, the EL-8O might be a good choice.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #368 of 3,924
Just received my T1.2 -- at last. After only a few minutes of listening I'm very impressed already... compared to the original T1 treble is a tad smoother indeed, with a bit more bass just as previous posts stated.

Comfort is still very good with just the right amount of clamping force to sit securely, the color of the pads seems a bit more gray than the older T1 pads, which were simply black. This may be due to a slightly different surface, with the new pads sporting an even finer structure.

The new cable looks and feels very good, the plug with the Beyerdynamic logo in grey is a nice touch. The new case does have a carrying handle at the top (indentations where one can hold it easily) just as @hanselmann said. Its still rather big, but nowhere as big as the old aluminium case. The ends of the headband are not metal anymore, but the extension mechanism feels better (though the DT1770 is even better in that regard).

Nice outer packaging, smaller than before:

The indentation described above. The front is indented as well, but much less.

Nice and decent logo placement:

It does keep open, but not by much... i.e. the lid may close a bit too easily to use this case for display.

The new cable:

Letz is the new one, right side the old T1:

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #369 of 3,924

How do the DT150 compare to the DT1350? Cause I'm basically looking for a DT1350 with bigger soundstage and more relaxed mids. I've ordered the Audeze EL-8O, curious if they'll fit my taste. All I have is a Fiio E10k to amplify, so I figured that if I want to try a planar magnetic, the EL-8O might be a good choice.

I haven't heard the DT1350 actually, try ask in the DT150 forum :)

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #370 of 3,924
C'mon now. 3.5mm as your connector ? Terrible choice. 3.5 is prone to failing and introducing outside noise. Smarter move would have been mini-xlr.

This isn't the T1 but it works the same. My friend did this for me. Less chance of cable failure, less chance of distortion and more secure. 

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #374 of 3,924
  Fwiw there's a Astell & Kern T1v2 on the way.

Jude has shown it off in his RMAF can jam video.

There seems to be a deepening partnership between A&K and Beyerdynamic and I'm not sure what to make out of this... because A&K seems to slap a label on it, put a cable for balanced operation with its players into the box. And add 550,- to the MSRP...
But as long as there's a non-A&K version available I don't mind. What bothers me is that the T8iE is AK&-only, its even sold via A&K.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #375 of 3,924
Got mines yesterday and WOW! I got mines off Amazon used, I contacted the seller and they assured me that it was not a return and not a store demo. They said that the packaging was not to their "A" standards and that it was open so they could not sell it "new". I ended up paying $882.58 shipped for brand new T1.2. If you guys are in the market, keep an eye out for them deals...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back