New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Dec 22, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #736 of 898
The DT 700 PRO X is demonstrably superior to the Amiron Home via my Chord Poly/Mojo. And however good the Amiron Wireless is, it can’t compete with the 700 PRO X.

I’m not sure yet. But this might be my favourite Beyer. It’s a damn sight more comfortable than the DT 1770 PRO. And however much I ‘admire’ my T1.2, the 700 PRO X just ‘gets you’ :L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #737 of 898
My HD25 has been struggling with the earphone connector thing for quite a while, so I after a little contemplation I picked up the 700 Pro X. Now I am not an audiophile or creator of any sort but overall sound quality-wise they feel like an upgrade over the HD25. I am pairing this with the M-Track Solo DAC which isn't much but still delivers great sound.

They are quite heavy though and so far the pads did not feel exactly comfortable with noticeable clamping force. Also the extremely long headphone connector constraints head movement, which makes me wonder if there are small form factor connector cables of any sort?

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #738 of 898
if there are small form factor connector cables of any sort?
the pin out (in actually) is compatible with ALG headphones, you you can use cables with mini-XLR made for AKG headphones. You should be able to find something that fits your needs

Dec 24, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #739 of 898
The DT 700 PRO X is demonstrably superior to the Amiron Home via my Chord Poly/Mojo. And however good the Amiron Wireless is, it can’t compete with the 700 PRO X.

I’m not sure yet. But this might be my favourite Beyer. It’s a damn sight more comfortable than the DT 1770 PRO. And however much I ‘admire’ my T1.2, the 700 PRO X just ‘gets you’ :L3000:

And I love the DT900 Pro X, really likeable sound, and it can be driven by a potato. But the DT1990Pro is a tier above, more dynamic and punchy, and can't be driven by a potato

Dec 24, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #740 of 898
And I love the DT900 Pro X, really likeable sound, and it can be driven by a potato. But the DT1990Pro is a tier above, more dynamic and punchy, and can't be driven by a potato
I prefer the DT 900 pro x over the 1990 and the 700 over the 1770... Different ears, different taste.

Dec 29, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #741 of 898
I never really liked the T1’s ‘tuning’. It works well with jazz and vocals, but not much else IMO.

In direct comparison to the T1.2, yes the 700 X sounds a bit ‘thinner’ in comparison, but also sounds more ‘linear’.

831790DE-B172-47C8-92FD-025945665A8B.png

I think the T1.2 is overrated, and the 700 X under-appreciated. I don’t have to ‘choose’, but if I had to I’d probably choose the 700 X’s.

Dec 29, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #742 of 898
I can not decide between the Beyerdynamic 900 Pro X ($250) or the Sennheiser 660s ($340 new or $245 used in very good condition).

The 900 Pro X has some very good reviews. It looks like they sound very similar to the 560s. Good midrange and dynamic sound. They are also very easy to drive with the need of no amp.

The 660s seem like a great deal for what I can get them for. They look like very good all around headphones. Seems like they are also pretty easy to drive and you don't need to have an amp/dac to get great sound and be satisfied with them.

Which pair would you all go for if you have no amp/dac and mostly listen to neo classical, ambient, and drone music? Leaning towards the 660s I think, but would the $100 be worth the extra cost over the 900 Pro X

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #743 of 898
I can not decide between the Beyerdynamic 900 Pro X ($250) or the Sennheiser 660s ($340 new or $245 used in very good condition).

The 900 Pro X has some very good reviews. It looks like they sound very similar to the 560s. Good midrange and dynamic sound. They are also very easy to drive with the need of no amp.

The 660s seem like a great deal for what I can get them for. They look like very good all around headphones. Seems like they are also pretty easy to drive and you don't need to have an amp/dac to get great sound and be satisfied with them.

Which pair would you all go for if you have no amp/dac and mostly listen to neo classical, ambient, and drone music? Leaning towards the 660s I think, but would the $100 be worth the extra cost over the 900 Pro X

If you are planning not to use an amp I would definitely go with the 900 Pro X. They will be easier to drive and sound good with no amp since they are 48 ohms.

The 660S is 150 ohms and harder to drive. Yeah they will work without an amp but they won’t sound their best. To get the best sound from these will require an amp.

Dec 29, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #744 of 898
If you are planning not to use an amp I would definitely go with the 900 Pro X. They will be easier to drive and sound good with no amp since they are 48 ohms.

The 660S is 150 ohms and harder to drive. Yeah they will work without an amp but they won’t sound their best. To get the best sound from these will require an amp.
Tough call on if the $200 price difference of the 660s with something like a Qudelix 5k would really be worth it over getting the 900 Pro X without an amp/dac. I gotta be honest, I usually don't mess around with EQ too much. I will sometimes just use the EQ music genre presets that are on my phone if I feel like changing up the sound.

I have also been looking at the Grado Hemps. Tons of people seem to really like these from all of the reviews. I am a little worried about the build quality of it though and it seems like they sound and feel best if you replace the stock pads with L pads. But these are also very easy to drive and do not need amp/dac like the 900 Pro X which is nice.

Don't know which pair out of the Beyerdynamic 900 Pro X, Sennheiser 660s, and the Grado Hemps would be the best value in the long run and that will sound best with neo classical, ambient, and drone since that is what I listen to most. I do also like listen to some electronic (not the bass heavy and EDM stuff) so it would be nice if the pair of headphones did at least decent with that as well.

Out of the options listed below.. which would you choose that you think is the best long term value that would sound best with the music genres that I listed? I should also mention that I have 2 pairs of headphones. The ATH-M50X and the old Bose QC2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones.

Price breakdown:
900 Pro X ($250)
660s with Qudelix 5k amp/dac ($450)
Hemps ($470)

(Anyone can feel free to answer this as well)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #745 of 898

I can run my 660s off my s21 with no amp, but you've got to like their tone. It's a bit odd/different compared to something like the 560s.

Feb 12, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #746 of 898
Bought the DT700 Pro X several months ago. Been using it as my daily set, driven from a Schiit Magni / ModiMultibit combo. Took about 3 days to open up fully, though very good out of the box. The key for me is having the vocals forward but not overwhelming, and smooth treble. The DT700 Pro X does this much better than the DT1770s I had previously. Not as clean or detailed as my Grado RS2e, yet good enough for everyday listening. That said, comfort is amazing. I have these on often 8 hours a day, either listening to music or for class videos. No pressure spots, no fatigue. Fits my head perfectly, others may need to adjust headband. I had considered the Drop 177x yet these were a better deal, and I'm glad I took the chance.

Feb 12, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #747 of 898
Love them still. Stuck a modmic on them and enjoy the comfort during teams calls. Plug them into my Xduoo player and enjoy high res files over thar gorgeous 4490 chip.
All in all still 230 euros very, very wel spend

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #748 of 898
I just ordered a pair of the DT 700 Pro X's, should get them later today (hooray for same day delivery from Amazon). Finally getting around to trying one of the new Stellar.45 Beyers, kinda sad it's taking so long considering I'm a big Beyer fan. Went with the DT 700 as I've been wanting a comfortable closed-back with velour pads and the sound impressions of the DT 700 appealed to me more of the two. I also already have an open-back Beyer with my T1 Gen 3.

Hope they work out for me comfort wise and sound wise. Though I have yet to hear a Beyer I disliked.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #749 of 898
Well I bought these new and they sent me a used unit that was missing the drawstring bag and one of the cables was missing (the long one, a cheap aftermarket short one is in its place). The boxes seal was broken. Also some scuffing on one of the earcups (likely due to the cables just sitting on top of the headphone in the box). Nothing wrong sonically or structurally. Will spend some time listening to them before I send them back for a replacement unit as I need to check if the comfort and sound works out for me. No idea how much they’ve been used, so not sure if they’re already broken in or not.

*Comfort so far is good and there is definitely different sound characteristics to the new drivers compared to the Teslas and the older DT’s.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #750 of 898
Well I bought these new and they sent me a used unit that was missing the drawstring bag and one of the cables was missing (the long one, a cheap aftermarket short one is in its place). The boxes seal was broken. Also some scuffing on one of the earcups (likely due to the cables just sitting on top of the headphone in the box). Nothing wrong sonically or structurally. Will spend some time listening to them before I send them back for a replacement unit as I need to check if the comfort and sound works out for me. No idea how much they’ve been used, so not sure if they’re already broken in or not.

*Comfort so far is good and there is definitely different sound characteristics to the new drivers compared to the Teslas and the older DT’s.
Keep us informed mate. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back