New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Oct 7, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #31 of 898
Not her in scandinavia

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #32 of 898
Just watched a review the guy said the 700s don't have that treble 'issue' that the 770s have.

Oct 7, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #33 of 898
Just watched a review the guy said the 700s don't have that treble 'issue' that the 770s have.
I found the 80 ohm to have a cleaner treble out of the box than the 250 ohm. What made me get rid of both dt770 was the horrid 4khz cut.. made me wanna throw up not sure how reviews don't mention it. same with the 5khz peak nobody mentions on the hd600 except me...
fghfghfghfghgfh33333.jpg

Oct 7, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #34 of 898
I'm not a graph guy, I let my ears decide. I'm all in for the 900. My 990's will die with me, so even a slight upgrade will be a welcome. The cable swap is the selling point for me personally. The headband might be in question. I like to replace it easy when it wears out, so we'll have to see?
One of the early reviews says he likes them better then his 650's. (At least for his taste) so we might be in luck. As my 6xx is a strong second love.

Oct 7, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #35 of 898
I'm not a graph guy, I let my ears decide. I'm all in for the 900. My 990's will die with me, so even a slight upgrade will be a welcome. The cable swap is the selling point for me personally. The headband might be in question. I like to replace it easy when it wears out, so we'll have to see?
One of the early reviews says he likes them better then his 650's. (At least for his taste) so we might be in luck. As my 6xx is a strong second love.
DT990's are scientifically the world's best headphone so you have good ears. However, without measurements you wouldn't have the awareness of why the DT990 sound good and how others perform in relation to it without a absurd amount of listening tests and memory of all headphone's tone via listening with your ears. A rather extreme way of achieving the same thing as someone who can read a graph. I memorized the tones of the majority of microphones on the market before I got into headphones and frequency responses. Turns out there is a hilarious correlation with my memorized tones and the measurements. It's worth a look.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #38 of 898
That's a really interesting statement so I gotta ask out of curiosity what makes you say that ? :smile_phones:
After a few months of use the treble smooths out better than other diffuse field target headphones like HD800S. So no 6khz peak or 9khz cut like on HD800s. Has a high mid soundstage scoop like HD800S. People complain the HD800S sound cold or cynical due to lack of bass boost. DT990 has a proper bass boost. In order to know the DT990 are the most optimum you have to study how to voice headphones optimally. What does that mean? How much treble is optimum? How much bass is optimum? Is the response smooth? Is it overall shaped correctly? My findings are the DT990 are closest. And they sound that way too. People are welcome to try to find a headphone that measures better or is voiced better if they want to. Just saying I already know what's out there so good luck with that!

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #40 of 898
After a few months of use the treble smooths out better than other diffuse field target headphones like HD800S. So no 6khz peak or 9khz cut like on HD800s. Has a high mid soundstage scoop like HD800S. People complain the HD800S sound cold or cynical due to lack of bass boost. DT990 has a proper bass boost. In order to know the DT990 are the most optimum you have to study how to voice headphones optimally. What does that mean? How much treble is optimum? How much bass is optimum? Is the response smooth? Is it overall shaped correctly? My findings are the DT990 are closest. And they sound that way too. People are welcome to try to find a headphone that measures better or is voiced better if they want to. Just saying I already know what's out there so good luck with that!

All of this really depends on what type of response one goes for though. Personally I don’t care for the diffuse field target..and well you are relegating it as the optimal tuning. Enjoying music is always a highly subjective thing and that also goes for the type of presentation we go for. It’s all down to tastebuds unless you are using your headphones as worktools and need something neutral/realistic sounding.
I personally much prefer a neutral voicing (IEF target) like fx the HD600/650/R70X over the DT990. All of them with a smoother overall presentation as well as having better subbass qualitites over the Beyer. I find the DT990s bass response pretty nice…but lacking in the deep basement. Then again most headphones that come with big bulks of added energy also have a tendency to mask musical information right next to it..and the DT990 does this with the big bass bump.

Oct 8, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #41 of 898
Think i wanna try the new 900x

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #43 of 898
I have to say after listening for 30 Minutes they sound really good for the price (no brainer) and sound very natural and dynamic. They are more kind of a little 1990 without the harshness and not like a DT 990. We dont talk about Focal Elex level of sound but we dont talk also not about 800$. If you just want one Headphone and forget the Hobby for a bit just get the Pro X. But also keep in mind you need an Amp. Its quiter than a Sennheiser 38X on same Volume Level.

I will also play the new Battlefield 2042 Beta for modern Gaming Audio comparison with the Sennheiser 38X (without amp) and send my impressions.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #45 of 898
I have to say after listening for 30 Minutes they sound really good for the price (no brainer) and sound very natural and dynamic. They are more kind of a little 1990 without the harshness and not like a DT 990. We dont talk about Focal Elex level of sound but we dont talk also not about 800$. If you just want one Headphone and forget the Hobby for a bit just get the Pro X. But also keep in mind you need an Amp. Its quiter than a Sennheiser 38X on same Volume Level.

I will also play the new Battlefield 2042 Beta for modern Gaming Audio comparison with the Sennheiser 38X (without amp) and send my impression
Are you talking about 700 or 900s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back