New Beyerdynamic Custom One pro's, making "blown" like noise.
Dec 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

09vdubgti

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

After going through my 4th set of inexpensive headphones this year. I said enough was enough and decided to spend some extra cash and buy myself a really nice pair of headphones. I ended up with the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's and I like them so far. I would love them if it weren't for the left side headphone. As soon as I plugged it in, I noticed a weird "blown" like noise coming from it. 

I've only had these for about a week, and have given them some usage. I was told headphones like these need to be burned in a bit for the sound to get better. However, every time I hear a bass heavy track I get a sound I can only describe as blown or  "pffft pffft". Before I ask for an exchange I'd though I'd look around for some help/suggestions first. Thanks.

Brian. 

(also sorry if this does not belong in this section, this was my 1st post. Mods feel free to move to correct area.)

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 11
Are you sure the noise isn't from the adjustable vents? I have the COPs too but don't recall noticing that type of noise.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 11
I would get a return.  I've ran my COPs through some serious bass and never heard that type of noise.  These are my first set of higher quality headphones and they have me hooked :)

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 11
  I would get a return.  I've ran my COPs through some serious bass and never heard that type of noise.  These are my first set of higher quality headphones and they have me hooked :)

That is what I was planning on doing, thankfully I've only had them for a week and a day. They are a huge improvement over any other previous headphone I've ever had. Just that slight rattle like noise inside the headphone is killing it for me. Thanks for you feedback.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #7 of 11
Sure thing.  I have a pair of CALs that do a similar thing.  They aren't under warranty and sound fine until you hit bass notes around 40hz.  I gave them to my daughter since they are light and comfy.

Jan 29, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #9 of 11
I just came across this thread via google as I just bought a white pair of Custom One Pros. Had them a day and put them on today to have the right can barely working in addition to the lows being blown out like the speakers were blown. Then.... it just started working fine again. Anyone heard of this?

Was already considering jumping ship to the ATH-50s. Hoping it was a fluke and they are ok as they produce beautiful tone.

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 11
I would say it is a fluke.  I have a a pair and they are great.  Can you return them? or are they under warranty?  Don't give up on them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back