NEW BEYER REFRESH TOO! 990, 880, 770!
Mar 22, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #166 of 181
Interesting! Especially considering that the 80 ohm version sounds so different than the prior 250 ohm version.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #167 of 181
A reply from beyerdynamic:

Thank you very much for your message and your interest in our products. Concerning your request we would like to inform you that you can order DT 990 w/ 600 Ohms easily at our online shop at www.beyerdynamic.com/manufaktur Orders from the USA will be accepted. If you have further questions or if you need more information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #168 of 181
Please order a pair!!!! And then if you get yours, I will really have a beef with Beyer
mad.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #169 of 181
Just ordered a "standard" 32 ohm 770 through the manufacture site (cash on delivery). I imagine I'd get them sooner if ordered through Meier, but we'll see..

Did you read the terms and conditions skylab? "Any unforeseen obstacles to delivery, such as Acts of God ..."
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #170 of 181
O yeah. My order was basically an "experiment", although I really would like to get them...or at least notice that I will someday, or won't ever...

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #171 of 181
Yep, I very nearly went with Meier, but I'm curious too to see if the manufacture thing actually works since no one seems to have received any orders yet.

While we wait... Darth Beyers.. which wood would you and which cable would you choose, would you to order a pair now?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #172 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty
Yep, I very nearly went with Meier, but I'm curious too to see if the manufacture thing actually works since no one seems to have received any orders yet.

While we wait... Darth Beyers.. which wood would you and which cable would you choose, would you to order a pair now?
smily_headphones1.gif

That's easy. I'd get Cocobolo for the wood, and the Silver for the cable. But the Cocobolo is premium priced, so if money was an issue, I'd get Paduak (which is what I have now, and it's beautiful).

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #173 of 181
Just got an email from beyer..

Quote:

Thank you for your online order at the beyerdynamic)))) MANUFAKTUR. Your personal headphones are handcrafted exclusively for you at this moment in accordance to the attached order confirmation.

Please appreciate that we can`t offer payment via credit card until June 2006 for technical and processual reasons.

For your order against prepayment please use one of the following banking accounts:

Told them I'd cancel the order and buy from Meier. Sending money directly to a foreign bank account just isn't worth the hassle. Didn't think they'd actually do cash on delivery, seems a bit dumb that they let you select it.

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #175 of 181
Don't know if you saw my post elsewhere, but I did finally get my custom Manufacture DT770's. And they look very cool. But it took 4.5 months to get them, had to do the bank transfer, was a giant hassle. If you don;lt care a lot about the custom stuff, buy from Meier.

But the custom cans are pretty cool
orphsmile.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #177 of 181
Just found your other thread - this forum is far too active to keep track of all the threads.

None of the customisations bother me so I won't be losing much ordering from Meier - I just tried through the "Manufacture" for the fun of it. Beyer are being quite helpful over email so I'll see what they say tomorrow. Maybe I'll just go to the darkside..

Incidentally, I briefly tried some other models at Sounds Expo. I don't think the source was very good. DT770M had no top end. DT250-250 was too small for my ears. They fit, but don't feel comfortable after being familiar with the DT880.

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #178 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
I have to wonder how loud you guys play because with every open headphone (excluding grados, they leak big time) I've owned, if I take it off and put it 6 inches away from me, I hear nothing.

That's really...odd...to say the least. The only way I can hear nothing on my HD595 at arm's length away is when the volume is off.

Apr 6, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #179 of 181
Haven't quite cancelled the order yet.. I asked Norbert about the different impedances since I still wasn't sure what was actually different. I mentioned the Ety cable and the head-fi preference for the 80 ohm model over the 250 ohm..

Basically differences in impedance are a result of variation in diameters of copper wire used for the moving coil - the core of the headphone system. Less diameter without having a longer wire ends up in higher impedances and less weight for the system of diaphragm and moving coil, what generates a lower damping factor especially for the highs. So fidelity of impulse and phase are the best with the 600 Ohm version. The other side is, that with an increasing impedance you need a stronger amplifier providing more power for the headphones. A little example: you want to use your headphones with your iPod - the best way in this situation is to choose the 32 Ohm model as it appears "louder" with the built in headphone amp inside the device. But please do not believe in every story on the internet give you by the hifi "experts" - physics cannot be changed at all.

Apr 12, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #180 of 181
I have to say, I'm listening to the DT770 2006 through my Xin Supermacro 3 V6 right now, and this is a GREAT combination. Really great sound! A more serendipitous combination than the new stock DT770 than with my Meier amps, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back