NEW BEYER REFRESH TOO! 990, 880, 770!
Sep 2, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #33 of 181
990S.jpg

It sucks you can't change the grill of 880s or 990s... or at least get black ones. Also the personalized metal tag looks kind of oversized/out of place; I hope you can take em off. I think I just realized how much I like the 880's because a 600-ohm personalized pair is probably the headphone I want most now.

edit: the 250 ohm does decently loud levels straight out of the ipod, but will sound better even with just a cmoy.

Sep 2, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #34 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Divad1
How do you think the 32 ohm version will sound straight from an ipod or X5, will being interesting to find out against the 250 ohms with a cmoy.

I'd say volume will be good, but bass extension and PRaT will be off.

Sep 2, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #35 of 181
Sep 2, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #36 of 181
I'm not a big fan of the new DT880, but just for sound quality would it be worth upgrading?

So what happens to resellers? Do they take custom orders now, or will they stock basic models?

So is the price down or up on previous times?

Sep 2, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #38 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Of course you know this means an influx of people selling their old beyers for cheap!
basshead.gif

Well if it is worth upgrading and the price is reasonable you might see one soon
eek.gif

Sep 3, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #39 of 181
I already own a pair of DT880s, but from my careful research, I've determined that a pair of blue phones will have vastly improved comfort and sonic response. And I say this without knowing what I'm talking about.

600smile.gif

Sep 3, 2005 at 12:48 AM Post #40 of 181
Holy... just brought my DT880 home for about a month only... The custom look feature sounds cool!
What a big headache then... SA5k, AD2k, K701 and the facelifted DT880... BTW, do you think the new lineup will sound the same as their predecessors?

Sep 3, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #42 of 181
I love the looks of the new 770, this IS getting real tough, I wanted a DT250-250, first AKG gave me a distraction, now BD is doing it, what's next? Sennheiser?

Now if Grado offers customisation, THAT's another story...
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #43 of 181
kind of amazing.... <3

i personally love the new dt 770 housing, anyone else second that?

i also like the new grill on the 880, it looks similar to the 660/860 grill.

beyers has got it right aesthetically with these new phones.

Sep 3, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #44 of 181
An interesting option to get custom colours, materials and technical properties. However, a couple of points.

What do you think will be the resell value of a clown-coloured version with a custom text? I'm not sure I'd buy some of the versions shown here. Actually prefer the plain vanilla of my old ones.

Also the price seems to get quite a bit higher after all the customising, like 399 euros one version was(!). I wonder if the sonic quality really is at that level.

Sep 3, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #45 of 181
Or do pretty much none of the cosmetic "upgrades" look right? I mean, there's three sorts of colors that are available for diverse options:
  • Light gray, medium-dark gray, and black. Not bad colors in and of themselves, but there's a fundamental problem: you can't change the color of the grilles/cup cover to match.
  • Garish bright neon colors. I'd normally say "yuck," but since I'm feeling tolerant, I'll point out that you to my eye, none of them seem to match with any of the gray/black tones available, at least on the 880. (In particular, none matches with the grilles of the 880.)
  • Natural leather. Actually, I do like the way that natural leather headband and earcups look. By themselves, I mean. There is no way to make the rest of the headphone match, though: you have to pair warm, earthy natural leather color with either cold grey/black, or garish bright neon. (And have I mentioned that you can't pick a color for the grilles of the 880?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back