New bass heavy headphones?
Nov 30, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #16 of 24
the shures 750 djs do have some serious comfort problams 

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #19 of 24

Quote:
Like what? I had a pair and never found them uncomfortable.

after 1 hour the sides of the cup really start to hurt and the headband has a very werid desigh, still sound good though

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #21 of 24
I had the M-50's for a while. But I never became good friends with it. And I wouldn't call it bass heavy. I now have the Pro 900 - they are bass heavy.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #22 of 24
I recmmend the Ultrasones over M50s.  Comfort was comparable to me, initially the clamping force and the pads are a bit hard on the Ultrasones but break in very well.  There's also some velour pads (beyerdynamic DT 250) that will fit if you don't like the pleather.

Some good deals available right now
$109 for the DJ1 (same as 580 except color and coiled chord)
http://www.datavis.com/Ultrasone-DJ1-S-Logic-Surround-Sound-Headphones-DJ1.html

$118 (free shipping) for the standard 580's.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/547239-REG/Ultrasone_HFI_580_HFI_580_Closed_Back_Stereo_Headphones.html

Aesthetics are debatable, I liked the 580 style over the DJ1 and M50's, the polished aluminum cups looks classier than the flat black/white on the other cans IMO.

If you want to keep things cheaper you could always go for some Panasonic RP-HTF600's, they can be had for under $35 and are pretty damn good for that price.

Quote:
I'm looking for a pair, that are just....comfortable and good bass. I never look at Sony's. Other than the V6's(which the Shure 440's dominated and kicked out) nobody really actually recommends them. the ultrasones sound nice, but dont have the great aesthetics.not to mention.like some noticed. don't seem too comfortable :/

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #23 of 24
Thank you everyone. It seems the ultraones it is. :) I'm still waiting before I buy to get my FiiO E5 warranted.  I have the money. But just wondering. How much would my Shure SRH440's sell for? no really any damage or anything. the pads of course are kinda breaking apart. little cracks..not very big. and some very light unseeable(unless in the right light) scuffs on the sides. other than that nothing. It retails for $100. most can get it for $80...should i sell it for $50? I don't really need to sell it . i could demo them both and see how i'm using it first 

what about ultraonse HFI 680 or any of their pro series? should they be considered also?

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
Thank you everyone. It seems the ultraones it is. :) I'm still waiting before I buy to get my FiiO E5 warranted.  I have the money. But just wondering. How much would my Shure SRH440's sell for? no really any damage or anything. the pads of course are kinda breaking apart. little cracks..not very big. and some very light unseeable(unless in the right light) scuffs on the sides. other than that nothing. It retails for $100. most can get it for $80...should i sell it for $50? I don't really need to sell it . i could demo them both and see how i'm using it first 

what about ultraonse HFI 680 or any of their pro series? should they be considered also?

My advice is don't sell any of your old headphones until you try the new ones. The Ultrasones shouldn't need an amp.

HFI-580 - Deep and impactful bass, and to me, pretty bright.
HFI-780 - Similar, but with harsher highs and less bass. More detail resolution.
PRO 750 - Slightly more balanced than the above, more detail.
PRO 900 - Dark, heaviest bass, most detailed.

I'm not real familiar with the 680's, but those never get recommended. I would stick to the 580 or 780 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back