NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Nov 1, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #1,772 of 2,077
Nov 13, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #1,776 of 2,077
Just came across this video. These reviewers put the H95 on 1st place in comparison to the Focal Bathys and the B&W PX8. Thought it might be interesting to share since apparently some of the forum members over here have left the H95 behind and have moved to other (newer) headphones :)

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #1,777 of 2,077
Just came across this video. These reviewers put the H95 on 1st place in comparison to the Focal Bathys and the B&W PX8. Thought it might be interesting to share since apparently some of the forum members over here have left the H95 behind and have moved to other (newer) headphones :)

Thanks - really interesting review! All three companies make amazing products so I am sure it is worth auditioning all three headphones to see which works best for you if you are planning to purchase bearing in mind the strengths and weaknesses mentioned. However, having already bought my H95 headphones, I can't justify buying another set of high end headphones just yet. The H95's have superb build quality and will hopefully last me for many years to come before they need replacement.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #1,778 of 2,077

yup... that's why I keep my h95. I really know h95s are really good headphones. one of my fav. I have edition x, ether, lcd x and sennheiser hd600. h95 more to hd600 sound signature. but h95 have really really really detail sound.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #1,779 of 2,077

yup... that's why I keep my h95. I really know h95s are really good headphones. one of my fav. I have edition x, ether, lcd x and sennheiser hd600. h95 more to hd600 sound signature. but h95 have really really really detail sound.

Nov 14, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #1,780 of 2,077
I had a chance to try the PX8 this weekend in a department store. Not an exhaustive test, as I took them off and put them back after only a few bars of a track I know well, as they were really not for me.

Who thought that bass response was in any way natural or appealing? It swamps everything! I'm not saying they are as bad as early Beats headphones, as I imagine the rest of the frequency response may be OK, if you can hear it through that lumpy bass, but even Beats have dropped this ridiculous bass exaggeration since cooler minds at Apple re-thought the approach. I think the above YouTube review is very polite about the bass bump in the PX8.

I am posting this here, as I will get flamed in the PX8 thread, and I had the H95 on when I compared.

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #1,781 of 2,077
Nov 23, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #1,783 of 2,077
FWIW: I am so happy to own the H95 - I do love design and enjoy this a lot. I know that as of now, there may be competitors out there with "better sounding" HPs. But while my ears are not getting any better, I still visually can enjoy the HP95 design...
I also still have the H7 and they are my daily commuters on a rainy day, but the H95's are sounding sooo much better (wired or not)...

Hey! Could you explain me more about the differences between H7 & H95 if I don’t need ANC? Have you had the chance to try px8?

My reference now of favorite headphones are H7, and thinking about h95 vs px8 or wait until APM2.

Nov 23, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #1,784 of 2,077
Amazon Germany, Italy and Spain now are having a Black Friday discount of 30% in the H95. The price is 639 euros. Amazon UK having same discount and price is 550 pounds.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #1,785 of 2,077
Hey! Could you explain me more about the differences between H7 & H95 if I don’t need ANC? Have you had the chance to try px8?

My reference now of favorite headphones are H7, and thinking about h95 vs px8 or wait until APM2.
I think to my ears, the H95 simply sounds superior: more defined bas and more details in general. Also like the volume control wheel very much. Having said that, I still appreciate the H7 (and the exchangeable battery), the ear cups are also a bit deeper compared with the H95. Must admit, that I just had to buy the flagship H95 and I do use it when traveling. Haven't tried px8 and do not like the looks of APM:beyersmile: (Have been considering the new Focal Bathys though, but really not necessary, like a lot of other of these things....). Hope this helps a little?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back