NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 25, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,489 of 2,077
5BD2BB3B-30E6-4D93-8560-7BF61A15185A.png

Oct 25, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,490 of 2,077
Anyone tested sound leakage H95 vs Airpods Max? I have Airpods Max and it leaks too much sound out. Is H95 better at this?
if so, i think i will buy H95 and sell those Airpods.

When I have both headphones at same time (for one month), I comparing sound leaking in both and the h95 is very clearly better. I making this comment a long time ago in this thread.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,492 of 2,077
Most notable thing, which interestingly is not on the list above, is a new toggle in the app called: 'Reduce wind noise' which you can turn on or off. I haven't been outside yet to test it, but I'm curious to see what it does. So far for the first few minutes I haven't noticed any sound differences.

I just finish doing a test with a fan (4 positions). When I see your post I'm thinking this is probably like the 'adaptive' anc feature that I can't hearing a difference when is on or off, but my thinking is wrong! The reduction of the wind noise is real and is very significant, specially in anc and transparency modes (position 4 of my fan is very strong wind). In 'neutral' mode of h95 is doing nothing (or nothing that I can detecting).

Is very strange b&o isn't mentioning this feature, that is important for some people, in the notes of the new firmware update.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #1,493 of 2,077
I just finish doing a test with a fan (4 positions). When I see your post I'm thinking this is probably like the 'adaptive' anc feature that I can't hearing a difference when is on or off, but my thinking is wrong! The reduction of the wind noise is real and is very significant, specially in anc and transparency modes (position 4 of my fan is very strong wind). In 'neutral' mode of h95 is doing nothing (or nothing that I can detecting).

Is very strange b&o isn't mentioning this feature, that is important for some people, in the notes of the new firmware update.
Thanks for testing. To me it is an important new feature. However, when you switch it on via the app, it automatcally switches to off, when you turn the anc wheel on the left. Doesn’t seem logical?

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #1,496 of 2,077
For me and the music i listen to (jazz, country etc):
More air and more breathing space for instruments and voices, especially in buzy passages
Better details and more true to life sound on cymbals, voices, strings, drums etc.
Better 3d scene and coherence.

Unsure what FW i had before though, so it could be from a earlier update to.
I also had to do the update several times before successful, got a Bluetooth connection lost several times.
Last time I checked the app was not 100% either, when adjusting the eq i got this horrible screaming sound. That is also solved for me now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #1,497 of 2,077
Thanks for testing. To me it is an important new feature. However, when you switch it on via the app, it automatcally switches to off, when you turn the anc wheel on the left. Doesn’t seem logical?

You are correct. I testing again and I see that you must using the toggle of wind reduction always in the app and the anc/transparency/neutral in the app too so that is staying on the wind reduction feature all the time. If you're using the dial in the headphone, then the wind reduction feature is turning off automatically when you changing from one mode to other mode. Basically, you always needing the app for first choosing one of the 3 modes and then using the toggle for wind reduction, and this way is never switching off.

-------------

One aspect I see too in new firmware update is that the volume dial is more responsive when you moving the dial more slowly. Is more responsive than before when in previous firmwares is always necessary quick action for small changes in volume.

Oct 26, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #1,498 of 2,077
I didn’t notice any difference in sound with the update, nor any other differences. Everything seems stable though! I’m wondering whether anyone else notices some other changes? The faster response of the volume knob that angelom mentions wasn’t something I noticed but I’d have to check it out a bit better. Anyways it’s really cool that they added the wind functionality!!

Only thing left for me to desire is that I wish they’d address is the high pitched noise when turning transparency mode on. Not sure if that is fixable for them, but I know that it didn’t have such a noise on for example the H9 3rd. It’s quite present unfortunately. Other than, for me it’s the best Bluetooth headphone on the market right now!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #1,499 of 2,077
You are correct. I testing again and I see that you must using the toggle of wind reduction always in the app and the anc/transparency/neutral in the app too so that is staying on the wind reduction feature all the time. If you're using the dial in the headphone, then the wind reduction feature is turning off automatically when you changing from one mode to other mode. Basically, you always needing the app for first choosing one of the 3 modes and then using the toggle for wind reduction, and this way is never switching off.

-------------

One aspect I see too in new firmware update is that the volume dial is more responsive when you moving the dial more slowly. Is more responsive than before when in previous firmwares is always necessary quick action for small changes in volume.

I did the update this morning and the volume is certainly more responsive, to slight increments.

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #1,500 of 2,077
All in all: to me, this new fw update made an excellent headphone even better:gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back