NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Jun 1, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #1,336 of 2,077
Hi guys, read thru 70 pages of great info here! Now that it's been quite a few months. For those with the white version, how likely is it to get dirty especially the headband area? I guess it's like a pair of white shoes argument... But I do have a shave hard so very likely to have grease on hard band...

Also about the weight, is it still a non-factor since the ear pad makes them very comfortable? This concern came after using the momentum and px7 for a while, great headphones but I recall always wish for a lighter phone since I use them for commute.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #1,337 of 2,077
Hi guys, read thru 70 pages of great info here! Now that it's been quite a few months. For those with the white version, how likely is it to get dirty especially the headband area? I guess it's like a pair of white shoes argument... But I do have a shave hard so very likely to have grease on hard band...

Also about the weight, is it still a non-factor since the ear pad makes them very comfortable? This concern came after using the momentum and px7 for a while, great headphones but I recall always wish for a lighter phone since I use them for commute.

About the colour, I don't know the "grey mist" (white colour for you) because I have the black version. BUT is obvious the light colour will becoming more dirty more easily, or showing this more easily, but if you're careful, I'm sure you can using a little damp cloth and clean the headband and earpads when is necessary.

About the comfort, this is often personal, but the majority of the people here don't reporting problems with comfort. I owning the senn m3 two times before (yes, two!) and, for me personally, the h95 is more comfortable. I owning the px7 too but I don't liking the sound and I returning after only few days so I don't having more long time experience, but the px7 I remember isn't a problem with comfort for me. I insist this is personal because, for example, many, many people saying sony xm4 is very comfortable and in my case my ears are touching the inside of the ear cups and hurting my ears only after 10 minutes.

The typical, and best, advice here is saying the obvious: If you can, you must trying the h95 yourself. If you buying online, you can having 30 days for trying with a free return and full refund.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #1,338 of 2,077
thanks @angelom ! probably spent a good 30 mins testing back and forth between the 3 (HX, H95 and PX7) and yeah, think i am ready for the next step. Sadly there is no return policy where i am, so will have to make the best judgement based on all the info here. I guess i am not too worry about the leather part, but just the fabric in the inner headband, if anyone got info, please do share :)

Jun 3, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #1,340 of 2,077

I have the Gray/White ones. The ear pads stay quite clean because they are leather. The headband however is a mesh fabric, and as I live in a hot humid country, it got grubby, and worse, a bit funky after a few months. The instructions say only clean with a dry cloth, but I got experimental and used some gently antibacterial hand soap on the headband. I rubbed it into the fabric and memory foam, then added a little water to get a good foam. Then after working it into the headband a bit, I rinsed it off with slightly warm water, while rubbing the soap out of the memory foam. Immediately dry with paper towels, then place in a dry place. Here I used to the output vent of a de-humidifier, because here everything is humid.

Usual warning: follow this at your own risk. I may have got lucky.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #1,341 of 2,077
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #1,344 of 2,077
H95 Black and Berluti Edition:

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #1,345 of 2,077
I actually like the black better .. But having said that, I have a numbered edition ...

Jun 8, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #1,346 of 2,077
I actually like the black better .. But having said that, I have a numbered edition ...

The only reason I buying the Berluti edition is because WDitters having a limited edition h95 and I want a limited edition pair too! :)

But serious now, in person with both headphones I don't know which I preferring, each is have little things I preferring than the other, but in general right now I think I like the B edition a little more. In next few days I will deciding if I'm returning the B edition or keeping this and selling my black unit. Selling my black pair and keeping the B edition is very bad for my pocket.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,347 of 2,077
Hi everyone, long time lurker - first time poster.

Been following through this whole thread since somewhere around January while building up the "need" to buy h95 for myself. It is really great to see how many pages full of reasonable discussions are here, very HQ thread, thanks to everyone who has been contributing!

Long story short, since I have recently lost my lovely brown H8 somewhere and at the same time found out about a new brown version of h95 - I just had to have it. Mine should arrive tomorrow (took B&O almost 2 weeks to confirm the order status).

@angelom, I have spoken with B&O reps regarding replaceable ear-cups. They have told me that they do not yet have official statement regarding selling any accessories for any of devices that are part of collaboration with Berluti. Since you have both black and Berluti edition on hand, would it not be too difficult for you to snap a picture of Berluti headphones with black earpads to see if it looks reasonable in case that would be the only option in the future? Would be very helpful for me as my local B&O only had silver version on display last time I've been there.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #1,348 of 2,077
Has anyone of you tried Dolby Atmos with Apple Music? On the Airpods Max for example Rush‘s „Tom Sawyer“ sounds very fine. With the H95 it sounds very bad, i.e. at 2:35 min. it Sounds like the membran is damaged. Can please someone Check this? Is the H95 not compatible for Dolby Atmos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back