NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Feb 25, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #1,096 of 2,077
It depends on how the DAC in the H95 is implemented. If the DSP it applies is specifically only for ANC and transparency and goes more or less passive if both are off (besides transcoding for BT), then you actually might see a gain using an external DAC. However, if the DSP does more than just that, then it’s likely all the gains you’d get from using an external DAC would likely be lost. The main gain you’d get out of using any DAC though, still stands, you get a higher bit rate. Granted it doesn’t apply to lossless, any sort of transcoding done on device vs the headphone (assuming the device is superior to the headphone) would also be an improvement too.
This is all true. However as the APP allows EQ adjustment, and this is retained through the 3.5mm input, it is highly unlikely the audio doesn't go through ADC/DSP/DAC

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #1,097 of 2,077
This is all true. However as the APP allows EQ adjustment, and this is retained through the 3.5mm input, it is highly unlikely the audio doesn't go through ADC/DSP/DAC

The EQ should be saved to the headphone itself. If you have it connected to 3.5mm the BT radio may still be running allowing you to adjust the software on the fly. Turn off BT on your device and see if the app still allows you to adjust the EQ and other headphone adjustments on the fly while the 3.5mm jack is connected playing music.

Edit: crap, I read a word wrong, I thought it said “likely” not “unlikely”. Disregard the post :p We’re saying the same stuff XD

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #1,100 of 2,077
I got this one.. Perfect fit for the H95. Eventually found it on Amazon.de.. Geekria is a bit confusing as to where their individual models are listed 😂

Screenshot_20210304-080928_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #1,102 of 2,077
I have the black B&O headphone bag , got na nice discount (Amac.nl ) 39 € instead of the 100€ B&O ask for , fits the h95 oké when fold only the zipper a little short and could make a scratch, headphone cups can be fold or rotate , for me a good / not great solution in terms of protection so.so. 😎

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,103 of 2,077
Like millions of people in the world, I can't travelling in airplane now because of the covid. But when I can travelling again (I'm hoping in the summer!), this is the case I'm planning using with my h95.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 16.40.06.png

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #1,104 of 2,077
Like millions of people in the world, I can't travelling in airplane now because of the covid. But when I can travelling again (I'm hoping in the summer!), this is the case I'm planning using with my h95.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 16.40.06.png

Unfortunately that case scratches so easily that I don't dare taking it with me... I am leaving it safely in the original box 😊

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #1,105 of 2,077
B&O's case looks nice and it is surely one of the most elegant cases I have ever seen. As a musician who used to travel several 10000km per year I must say, this case is - in my eyes - definitely not made for travel. Too big, too heavy, it does not close securely enough and it is very sensitive to scratches. It's the luxury home for the headphones when they are coming back from a long tour. :wink:

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #1,106 of 2,077
But I also have a chique alternative.. The Bycaseplay leather case (that @Demis013 was kind enough to sell to me) and that doubles as a headphone stand.. Perhaps not as small as a Sony XM3/XM4 case .. But relatively practical nonetheless :)

20210304_170222.jpg
20210304_170852.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #1,107 of 2,077
Unfortunately that case scratches so easily that I don't dare taking it with me... I am leaving it safely in the original box 😊

B&O's case looks nice and it is surely one of the most elegant cases I have ever seen. As a musician who used to travel several 10000km per year I must say, this case is - in my eyes - definitely not made for travel. Too big, too heavy, it does not close securely enough and it is very sensitive to scratches. It's the luxury home for the headphones when they are coming back from a long tour. :wink:

Yes, I understand that maybe you're worrying about scratches. I'm not. I'm careful person and I putting the case in my backpack with objects that don't scratching the case. And if I getting scratches in the future, maybe this is giving little character to the original h95 case, like my L2 Dupont lighter that I love.

IMG_0969.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #1,108 of 2,077
Does anyone know at what resolution the H95's internal DAC is supposed to operate at when connected to a PC/Mac via USB? I am asking because while the DALI IO-6 are no slouch at 24bit/96khz, the Shure Aonic 50 deliver stellar performance at a maximum resolution of 32bit/352khz (and THAT is audible I can tell you!) . But somehow I do not seem to get the H95 to perform any higher than 24bit/48khz.

I just figured it out myself .. The DAC inside the H95 has a maximum resolution of 16bit 48khz .. For such a limited resolution the H95 indeed does sound incredibly good .. Not sure how B&O managed that, but it is clear that the DSP in there is highly effective ..

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #1,109 of 2,077
I just figured it out myself .. The DAC inside the H95 has a maximum resolution of 16bit 48khz .. For such a limited resolution the H95 indeed does sound incredibly good .. Not sure how B&O managed that, but it is clear that the DSP in there is highly effective ..

I was corrected by B&O today.. 24bit 48Khz 😂😊😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back