NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #377 of 2,079
Yes I do. Thanks for your answer!

Ok, I hope resetting maybe is helping, or help from b&o support.

When you can, please post your impressions (short or long) so I can adding a link of this to post #2, and if possible please speak about your experience with other headphones / earphones you knowing too because I see you are head-fi member for 10 years.

Oct 3, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #378 of 2,079
This is little more complex situation you're having with different types of calls (Skype, normal mobile call and FaceTime), so is probably better asking b&o support for correct answers for your specific situation. The only other option I can thinking about, before contacting b&o, is resetting your h95 (I think you can doing this in the app, or using the app in combination with pressing a button for few seconds too), this info is probably in the manual.

Edit: Do you having the last firmware update 5.2.1?
I had kind of the same problem. Had a zoom call via Windows PC, where the call quality was suberb btw, and got a 2nd call on the iphone. The H95‘s switched to the iphone which worked perfect. But after the call ended the H95s didn’t switch back to zoom. Only after i choosed them in the zoom config and then only like audio headphones so transparency was not on. The only thing which helped was the power off on.

For me its an unexpected behavior. But the SQ is still very nice and the ear pads getting more and more comfy.

Cheers

Oct 3, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #379 of 2,079
Ok, I hope resetting maybe is helping, or help from b&o support

I was not able to reset them, nothing in the user guide nor in the FAQ on the B&O website. Will have a look in the app.
But according to Puschinsky post (#378) I'm not the only one having this erratic behavior.
Maybe they will fix in an upcoming firmware release.
Frankly from this point of view I had a better experience with my Bose NC700.

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #380 of 2,079
I was not able to reset them, nothing in the user guide nor in the FAQ on the B&O website. Will have a look in the app.

From the b&o website "How do I reset my Beoplay H95?"

1. Fully charge the Beoplay H95
• Connect the included USB-C cable to the Beoplay H95 and to a charging adapter, and connect the charging adapter to a power supply.
• After charging for around 2 hours, to ensure that they are fully charged, proceed to the next steps

Note: A charging adapter of a maximum of 5V / 3A can be used to charge your Beoplay H95.

2. Switch on Beoplay H95
• Switch on by moving the switch to the ON position. The product indicator light will turn white which indicates that Beoplay H95 are switched on

3. Reset Beoplay H95
• Move the switch to the top position (Bluetooth icon) and hold the switch for around 8 seconds.
• When the indicator flashes red for 5 seconds, Beoplay H95 are reset to factory settings (all paired devices are removed).
• After resetting you will need to pair your Beoplay H95 to your mobile device again. This means that you need to remove them from the list of paired Bluetooth devices on your mobile device before adding them again.

Edit: Maybe is good idea removing the app and installing again.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #382 of 2,079
Finally got my order in....

Screenshot_20201005-121413_Outlook.jpg

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #383 of 2,079
I got the note this morning that these were available for me to order. Based on a lot of reading this weekend I think I will pass. $850 + tax is a lot of money (always, but especially these days), and the mixed feelings expressed on this thread definitely give me pause... That is one of the benefits of head-fi, of course - hearing a multitude of opinions to inform a buying decision!

Oct 5, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #384 of 2,079
Got my H95 about 2 weeks ago....
Well few things to point out:

1. I'm not audiophile and can judge only to my 👂 )

2. Build quality and fit is very good, I would say exceptional, thought I had mixed filling about dials for ANC and Volume, they have this feeling of being a bit "lose" and if you turn them just very slow they won't react, but after 2 weeks I got use to them and now they feel very comfortable... I would prefer them to have "click" effect but using now all good.

3. Sound: simply amazing from blootooth: but only if used with AptxHD - worth to mention that even max volume seems higher if used via this codec. Plus clarity is way batter .
I use them conected to phone (AptxHD) for music and to laptop for MS Teams and to control Spotify(running on phone controlled via windows app) and difference of Spotify between laptop and phone is well noticed (few of my colleagues did try and noticed it right away).
Switching music from Spotify on laptop to phone takes few second and it doesn't bother me, for calls it's instant.

4. ANC is good, when walking I prefer to keep them in "neutral" because you can feel and hear your footsteps) ANC isolates majority of office noise's , I don't need more. Passive isolation is great!

5. I'm keeping them 100%, but only because I like well build things and the sound of the best blootooth audio I can possibly get now.

Next step will be to get Campfire Solaris to use with my Dragonfly Cobalt....

Sorry for not to detailed review, but I thought I own this thread as it convinced me to buy one)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #385 of 2,079
2. Build quality and fit is very good, I would say exceptional, thought I had mixed filling about dials for ANC and Volume, they have this feeling of being a bit "lose" and if you turn them just very slow they won't react, but after 2 weeks I got use to them and now they feel very comfortable... I would prefer them to have "click" effect but using now all good.

Fully agree!

Next step will be to get Campfire Solaris to use with my Dragonfly Cobalt....

I got the Solaris 2020, you won't be disappointed!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #386 of 2,079
... thought I had mixed filling about dials for ANC and Volume, they have this feeling of being a bit "lose" and if you turn them just very slow they won't react, but after 2 weeks I got use to them and now they feel very comfortable... I would prefer them to have "click" effect but using now all good.

I putting a link in post # 2 of your impressions already.

First I want saying that of course everybody having own preferences and opinions, but I want commenting about the volume dial.

I realising very soon (because I use volume feature in headphones A LOT) when I receiving my h95 that the volume isn't analog but is digital (this meaning that is based in software), so initially I trying sometimes turning very slow the dial for small change in volume and, like you, I see this don't responding up or down in the volume. Then I realising that for very small changes in volume the movement must be quick (and short) not slow. After I learning this, my personal experience with volume is really excellent, and is one of my very favourite features, and I never want going back to buttons.

Is good hearing that in general you're happy with the h95 (after you're not happy with bose nc700).

Oct 5, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #387 of 2,079
I putting a link in post # 2 of your impressions already.

First I want saying that of course everybody having own preferences and opinions, but I want commenting about the volume dial.

I realising very soon (because I use volume feature in headphones A LOT) when I receiving my h95 that the volume isn't analog but is digital (this meaning that is based in software), so initially I trying sometimes turning very slow the dial for small change in volume and, like you, I see this don't responding up or down in the volume. Then I realising that for very small changes in volume the movement must be quick (and short) not slow. After I learning this, my personal experience with volume is really excellent, and is one of my very favourite features, and I never want going back to buttons.

Is good hearing that in general you're happy with the h95 (after you're not happy with bose nc700).
Thank you, spot on! Quick small turns works for me now)
Bose was a disaster... But I do understand that I got a faulty pair anyhow sound can not be compared plus the comfort of lamb skin ear pads..... Simply they don't sweat)

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #388 of 2,079
Anyone have any experience of using the H95 with an external dac? I have the H6's and they sound exquisite, with both my Dragonfly Red and my Zorloo Stella, but my B&W PX's have a faint crackling from the Dragonfly (a known issue) but not from the Stella.

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #389 of 2,079
I'll most probably get to listen to the H95 next week, if I can get myself across town to visit a local store that is... I also asked the Mont Blanc store to test the MB-01, but will unfortunately not be able to compare them directly. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to check them out myself, although either one would just have to be fantastic to convince me to get just another headphone... I'm actually very happy with my Aonic 50 and use them a lot at the moment.

Did you manage to listen to both the H95 and the MB-01? If so do you have a comment on which of the two you found better? Apologies if you already have posted, I skimmed through the posts but didn't see an update

Oct 6, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #390 of 2,079
Did you manage to listen to both the H95 and the MB-01? If so do you have a comment on which of the two you found better? Apologies if you already have posted, I skimmed through the posts but didn't see an update

Sorry, I've not yet found the time for either one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back