NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Feb 25, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #2,056 of 2,077
This is the link:

https://www.sennheiser-hearing.com/btd600-license-agreement/

Scroll down, then you can find the download link :) Thanks again.
Thanks - it has updated my BTD 600 from firmware 1.14 to 1.20. Amazed how you managed to find this on the Sennheiser website when all the links I found were useless. I have just factory reset my H95 to delete any Bluetooth pairings and did a factory reset on the BTD 600 for good measure.

I'll let you know tomorrow if this has made a difference.

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #2,057 of 2,077
Thanks - it has updated my BTD 600 from firmware 1.14 to 1.20. Amazed how you managed to find this on the Sennheiser website when all the links I found were useless. I have just factory reset my H95 to delete any Bluetooth pairings and did a factory reset on the BTD 600 for good measure.

Excellent. Thank you! Hope it hasn't negatively affected you now!

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #2,058 of 2,077
I have just checked the Sennheiser Website page for the BTD 600. There is no sign of any firmware updates on the download page
https://www.sennheiser-hearing.com/en-UK/download/

and the dedicated page for BTD 600 updates gives a 404 error! https://www.sennheiser-hearing.com/btd-600/

I bought my BTD 600 from Amazon on 1st February so the returns window closes at the end of the week. Perhaps the best option is just to return it and see if a new one will fare better.
I would agree to trying a new one. But hopefully a factory reset and the update will work. I'm not crazy about updates, but I hope in your case that it works well for you. I'd be interested in knowing what happens. The shift to aptX is amazing on the Mac for the H95.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #2,059 of 2,077
iPhone user here. Does the 600 result in noticeably better sound quality? I don’t need more volume but I acknowledge it’s fairly low.
It will provide aptX on a Mac. Not sure about an iPhone, but it is likely with usb connection. aptX provides a great improvement in sound quality as well as volume.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #2,060 of 2,077

Any updates? :) Has it made a difference after the update?

I've got myself a new BTD 600 a couple of hours ago and it seems to work fine so far! Great sound and (so far) no hickups or stutters. However, this BTD 600 is still on the old 1.14 firmware. Maybe it had to do with the new firmware?

Edit: Seems to be the case indeed! Found a couple of people on reddit having issues with the B&W PX8, B&W Pi7 S2 and the Focal Bathys respectively after the 1.20 firmware update of their BTD 600! They experience "disconnections" and "distortions" in the sound after the update while they did not experience issues before the update! Crazy. I will definitely stay on 1.14 now.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #2,061 of 2,077
Any updates? :) Has it made a difference after the update?

I've got myself a new BTD 600 a couple of hours ago and it seems to work fine so far! Great sound and (so far) no hickups or stutters. However, this BTD 600 is still on the old 1.14 firmware. Maybe it had to do with the new firmware?

Edit: Seems to be the case indeed! Found a couple of people on reddit having issues with the B&W PX8, B&W Pi7 S2 and the Focal Bathys respectively after the 1.20 firmware update of their BTD 600! They experience "disconnections" and "distortions" in the sound after the update while they did not experience issues before the update! Crazy. I will definitely stay on 1.14 now.

It was much worse after the firmware update! I have decided to sent it back to Amazon and order a new BTD 600, which I will keep with its original firmware. In the meantime, my Sennheiser Momentum 4 are working perfectly with the Creative BT-W5 on my MacBook Pro. Not the same audio quality but acceptable whilst working.

All part of the great audio adventure!

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #2,062 of 2,077
It was much worse after the firmware update! I have decided to sent it back to Amazon and order a new BTD 600, which I will keep with its original firmware. In the meantime, my Sennheiser Momentum 4 are working perfectly with the Creative BT-W5 on my MacBook Pro. Not the same audio quality but acceptable whilst working.

All part of the great audio adventure!
Sorry for the hassle! If I had known, I would have "warned" you earlier. It is defintiely the firmware, yes. Weird that it has stayed on that version for months now...

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #2,063 of 2,077
Sorry for the hassle! If I had known, I would have "warned" you earlier. It is defintiely the firmware, yes. Weird that it has stayed on that version for months now...
The new dongle is slightly cheaper! Have you had any contact with Sennheiser Technical Support? When I spoke to B&O last year, the only dongle they had tested with their headphones was Creative BT-W3 and didn't have any experience of the BT-W4 or BT-W5.

Ideally, MacBook Pros would come with inbuilt AptX Adaptive but they have used Broadcom BCM4387 chips and AptX is made by Qualcomm. I don't fancy switching over to a ThinkPad X13s just to get native AptX!

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #2,064 of 2,077
The new dongle is slightly cheaper! Have you had any contact with Sennheiser Technical Support? When I spoke to B&O last year, the only dongle they had tested with their headphones was Creative BT-W3 and didn't have any experience of the BT-W4 or BT-W5.

Ideally, MacBook Pros would come with inbuilt AptX Adaptive but they have used Broadcom BCM4387 chips and AptX is made by Qualcomm. I don't fancy switching over to a ThinkPad X13s just to get native AptX!
I haven't yet but I will send them an e-mail. It's definitely on their side, otherwise there wouldn't be people with B&W headphones or even the Focal Bathys experiencing the same thing with the latest BTD 600 firmware version.

My BT-W5 works fine with literally every headphone I tested it with, except for the H95 :wink: Why can't things be less complicated? :D At least the 1.14 firmware seems to be the solution for the H95 for now, which is better than nothing.

Feb 27, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #2,065 of 2,077
I haven't yet but I will send them an e-mail. It's definitely on their side, otherwise there wouldn't be people with B&W headphones or even the Focal Bathys experiencing the same thing with the latest BTD 600 firmware version.

My BT-W5 works fine with literally every headphone I tested it with, except for the H95 :wink: Why can't things be less complicated? :D At least the 1.14 firmware seems to be the solution for the H95 for now, which is better than nothing.
I don't know who came up with term "update." A euphemism for a roll of the dice.

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #2,066 of 2,077
Hey guys! I was wondering whether anyone has ever disassembled one or two of the earcups of the H95 and if yes, how difficult it is. I have read various posts online that it's possible to disassemble it yourself to replace the battery (not something I'd want to do now but perhaps in some years).

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #2,068 of 2,077
Hello, everyone!

I'm looking to step into the wireless headphone game (long time Sennheiser MTW1 fan) and I've compared the H95, PX8 and the Bathys side by side in two different stores and for me it is the H95 by a decent margin.

Now, I have a pretty big problem with the colors... I really love the Gold Tone look for this one but since I'll most probably take them everywhere with me (and half of my daily work is commuting around the city between offices) I have a feeling that not choosing Black will have me staring at a stained gray "gold tone" in less than a month lol!
Can anyone that has a bright color H95 (especially for a long time) tell me how they've been holding up over the months/years and what care maintenance to do on them? I'm so stuck between the look of gold tone and the practicality of black that I'm slowly descending into insanity at this point. I just don't want to stare at them in disgust if the white headband is too vulnerable to staining and trust me when I tell you - I treat all gadgets like fragile glass. Someone has to take this decision on my part at this point! :dizzy_face:

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #2,069 of 2,077
Hello, everyone!

I'm looking to step into the wireless headphone game (long time Sennheiser MTW1 fan) and I've compared the H95, PX8 and the Bathys side by side in two different stores and for me it is the H95 by a decent margin.

Now, I have a pretty big problem with the colors... I really love the Gold Tone look for this one but since I'll most probably take them everywhere with me (and half of my daily work is commuting around the city between offices) I have a feeling that not choosing Black will have me staring at a stained gray "gold tone" in less than a month lol!
Can anyone that has a bright color H95 (especially for a long time) tell me how they've been holding up over the months/years and what care maintenance to do on them? I'm so stuck between the look of gold tone and the practicality of black that I'm slowly descending into insanity at this point. I just don't want to stare at them in disgust if the white headband is too vulnerable to staining and trust me when I tell you - I treat all gadgets like fragile glass. Someone has to take this decision on my part at this point! :dizzy_face:
FWIW: I understand your predicament :darthsmile: However, I chose the black realising that I can't see them when I wear them.....And they are only having a few scratches but still sounds wonderful.... Good luck:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back