New Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EX Released
Aug 24, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #34 of 53
Hi All,

I purchased these end of May and they truly are the best twls I have. I did buy them for our pool side holiday but as all good things come to an end I‘m ready to let these go end of this week when I am back home. Anthracite Oxygen, mint condition and including a 3rd party case for added protection. Price: 350 EUR including EU UPS shipping and PP fees. Will list them in the classifieds coming weekend but feel free to PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #35 of 53
Got mine, brand new, and the right side wont work... Yay.. not even off brand earphones from aliexpress fail from the start like that.

Stay way from this trash.

I lost 4 hrs trying to troubleshoot this pair, a waste of my time, and that time is worth way more than this "quality" earphones.

I will claim the warranty but still, this company cant give me back the lost time

Attachments

• 20220907_230256.jpg
    20220907_230256.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220907_225820.jpg
    20220907_225820.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #36 of 53
Got them "fixed" by the B&O store.

These ones are quite... odd... they are very buggy in general. Absolutely not worth the price.

There are connectivity issues, there are odd behavior when it switches from single to normal use, the audio is not right and to fix it I need to put them back on the case to soft reset them.

If I use them to listen to movies, podcast or video watching, the treble sounds "fake" and unnatural, even after dealing with that horrendous EQ... which brings me to the app, is atrocious, B&O is more worried about marketing than to provide an efficient app to control their products.

Is a pity, once all those hurdles are passed, the audio they can produce is very good but to get there feels a turn off.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #38 of 53
Ive been using these as my daily driver for many hrs a day now.... this is the single most bug ridden hardware I have bought in a very long time.

Cons:
  • The Bluetooth is supper buggy, sometimes one side dosent work or can take upward of 10 seconds to connect.
  • Sometimes the sound signature of the earbuds is different between them!
  • Sometimes the audio signature of both of them enters into a weird mode that kills the audio experience. It kind of sounds like being inside a metal barrel with no lows frequencies whatsoever.
  • Sometimes after 2 or 3 mins after putting them on, the audio changes mode, it lowers the volume and then it starts working normally.
  • To "fix" all those issues what I have to do is to put them back on the case and try again. Needless to say, is supper annoying.
  • The app is a freaking disaster and unfortunately is very much needed to keep changing the weird and uninformative EQ by trial and error.
  • I have the nagging feeling that the dac/amp used to pair up with the drivers is not enough.
  • You want to control them with your windows or mac? you cant, you need a mobile device.

Pros:
Once you managed to get a stable connection they do sound very good, very similar sound *reproducing music* to my SE846 but with far better low frequencies response.

They should dich Bluetooth altogether and sell these with a cable option. Now that would be very good.

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #39 of 53
It's amazing how we have frequency graphs of Jabra, Sony, anker, JBL, etc but not arguably the best sounding TWS (by some reviewers)?

Where are the frequency graphs for this set?
Crinacle? Precogvision? Super review? Rtings?

Nov 12, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #41 of 53
Now my long term review.

These are *almost* my daily drivers.

First, this sound amazing playing music after you manage to find the right EQ on that horrible app, nothing beats them or come close. Amazing bass, good mids and outstanding highs. This not only beats my Sonys x3 and 4, buds pro, tone 8 and many other cheaper ones that I own. Not only that but the way they sound makes me prefer them over many of my IEMs like my shure SE846, adromeda, atlas and almost my vision ears 8.

That ONLY applies when it comes to music, for everything else they are not good, they can be competent when listening to other media but that's about it.

The horrible: the bluetooth is horrendous, the worst of any my earphones by far. Multiple disconnections on transited areas, wont able to connect several times after taking them out of the case, weird sudden low volume as if it were switching bluetooth conexion types and so on. Also the noise cainceling is extreamly week and there is no quick charge option unlike any other earphone out there.

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #43 of 53
Will the large size W1 fit the EX case as well in your opinion?
No - not as well as the normal tips. They don’t always charge properly with these. I generally take them off if I can.

May 20, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #44 of 53
New Lunar Red color option (same price), they look amazing !

Beoplay-EX-Lunar-Red-Hero.png

Looks like the 2 first drops of the Atelier Limited Editions (Pineapple Yellow and Lime Green) are sold out, drop 3 Peach Pink is coming in 3 weeks but they utterly overpriced at USD 699

12071287.png

12071289.png

EX_Atelier_Edition_-_Peach_Pink_-_Hero_Image.png

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #45 of 53
Did any EX owner was able to compare it to the Final Audio ZE8000 ?
I'm looking for a very good TWS with aptX Adaptive codec.

I prefer Beoplay look and ability to use standard ear tips but it looks like that the ZE8000 has an impressive SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back