New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Sep 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #31 of 258
Then what's the point of having the DAC?
I thought the built in dac would replace the crappy one of Ipod...
Then how does something like the TTVJ slim work? Does the dac section in TTVJ also only usb? If you use LO from your ipod, is the dac section in the loop?

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #32 of 258
Then how does something like the TTVJ slim work? Does the dac section in TTVJ also only usb? If you use LO from your ipod, is the dac section in the loop?

My understanding is you need a license from Apple to access the digital out and bypass the internal cheap DAC. I do not believe RSA has that license.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #33 of 258
Quote:

The dac is meant to be replacing your computer/laptop dac, as far as making it work with any idevices you need to pay a lot of "approval" research money in order for apple to give you thumbs up!

In summary no device with DAC will bypass the apple DAC unless they have specified it. The USB LOD is just a bridge to initiate handshack between the two devices. The digitial signal tells the ipod whether to accept or reject the so called handshake. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #34 of 258
interested in this also
however im anxious about the price
please have it below $900

edit: since ive been thinking about getting an odac and slapping it on top of a sr-71b amp

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #35 of 258
But... with a Samsung S3 it should be able to bypass the internal DAC without any problems ??

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #36 of 258
Who has heard this at the show?

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #37 of 258
I had a chance to listen to some Johnny cash on the intruder with the he-6 at the Chicago meet.
The bump in gain from the 71b really made the he6 sing.
I'm not a techie but I think the high gain of the 71b is 11 and the intruder is 21.
It was connected to a MacBook via USB.
Ray didn't reveal many specs but I was very impressed.
Big soundstage, lots of punch, I'm guessing this will be a popular choice.

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #43 of 258
Way lower price than I expected. I hope it's not cutting corners 
tongue_smile.gif

I wonder how it compares to the Furutech ADL Stride. Definitely watching this
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back