New - Austrian Audio Hi-X65
Dec 19, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #241 of 283
No, I think it was around 1.5 yr old, but there were no cracks on either side and I've literally never done any damage to them, they just spend all the time either on my medium sized head or on a hanger

Dec 19, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #242 of 283
Let's wait if anyone has the same problem as you.This evening I check my Hi X65. Was it new when you bought it?
I have same problem but lesser degree, not crack, just small franctures + earpads torns on base, at plastic ring which holds pads in place + torn leather at place which contact my head. I own them a little more than a year.

Dec 19, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #244 of 283
I tried to put some glue only on the plastic connector without spilling it inside (that would lock the adjustment mechanism in place), but the surface is too thin to put the glue on, or I just might have no clue how to do it. If it falls apart completely I will just glue it together with headband to a fixed position for my head size. I'm so pissed off because sound of these cans is unthinkable of in this price range, but there is so much proprietary design (pads, cable, headband) that you are literally screwed after warranty runs out.
I'm even more pissed because a month ago left earphone of my Blessing 2 disconnected from a cable on its own, fell on the ground and the shell broke. Why the f. they don't make headphones like HD600 anymore?

Dec 19, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #245 of 283
I tried to put some glue only on the plastic connector without spilling it inside (that would lock the adjustment mechanism in place), but the surface is too thin to put the glue on, or I just might have no clue how to do it. If it falls apart completely I will just glue it together with headband to a fixed position for my head size. I'm so pissed off because sound of these cans is unthinkable of in this price range, but there is so much proprietary design (pads, cable, headband) that you are literally screwed after warranty runs out.
I'm even more pissed because a month ago left earphone of my Blessing 2 disconnected from a cable on its own, fell on the ground and the shell broke. Why the f. they don't make headphones like HD600 anymore?
Disassemble it first, then glue.

Jan 15, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #248 of 283
Here some fotos. This seems to be a design flaw combined with too thin and cheap plastic parts. Everytime you bend the headphone there's a pressure from the steelband to the plastic, this must break in time.
This is not acceptable with a headphone in this price range and careful handling after 6 months.

Attachments

• PXL_20230115_084537799.jpg
    PXL_20230115_084537799.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230115_084556855.jpg
    PXL_20230115_084556855.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230115_084657779.jpg
    PXL_20230115_084657779.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 15, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #249 of 283
Here some fotos. This seems to be a design flaw combined with too thin and cheap plastic parts. Everytime you bend the headphone there's a pressure from the steelband to the plastic, this must break in time.
This is not acceptable with a headphone in this price range and careful handling after 6 months.
Same here after four months for intensive use every day. Sent them back to AA and received them repaired back after three weeks. This seems to be a known issue.
I have sealed them with black electronic isolation tape now.
Hi-X65.jpg

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #250 of 283
My pair wasn't covered with warranty anymore so I contacted the polish distributor and got a reply that a total cost of repair will be around $100 and they will most likely tear the pads while repair as well!!! This is hilarious, it hurts me greatly to say that but stay away from this series. Let's wait for another release from AA.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #251 of 283
Same here after four months for intensive use every day. Sent them back to AA and received them repaired back after three weeks. This seems to be a known issue.
I have sealed them with black electronic isolation tape now.
Will bring my hi-x65 to the dealer where I purchased them, maybe they send them to repair. But I doubt it's worth the effort.
They change these plastic parts with the same as before, so maybe it will last for another 6 months....?:unamused:

Or use isolation band straight away....?

I like these headphones a lot, they match perfect with all my gear. But I am very disappointed about build quality especially at this price point.

I took a closer look and also the left earpad looks not perfect...:unamused:

Attachments

• PXL_20230115_135910386.jpg
    PXL_20230115_135910386.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #252 of 283
Will bring my hi-x65 to the dealer where I purchased them, maybe they send them to repair. But I doubt it's worth the effort.
They change these plastic parts with the same as before, so maybe it will last for another 6 months....?:unamused:

Or use isolation band straight away....?

I like these headphones a lot, they match perfect with all my gear. But I am very disappointed about build quality especially at this price point.

I took a closer look and also the left earpad looks not perfect...:unamused:
Since you're in Austria maybe try to get in contact with Austrian Audio directly.

That should definitely not happen, although I can't remember any case like this from the X55 thread, which looks identical in that regard. So maybe its just some defective parts and can be repaired for good.

@LeonidK repairing this should not cost 150€. And why tear the pads during repair? They can be removed rather easily... maybe talk to AA directly as well.

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #253 of 283
@LeonidK repairing this should not cost 150€. And why tear the pads during repair? They can be removed rather easily... maybe talk to AA directly as well.
My mistake, I checked the email and it was closer to $100 actually, doesn't change anything though. They have to replace the whole headband, and I assume they would destroy the pads on purpose. I'm speaking about polish repair centre, not blaming AA for anything but terrible design fault. I contacted AA and that's where they redirected me. I was willing to send it to Germany, Austria or whatever, but if they really can't replace only the plastic parts and have to change the entire headband, I don't care. It's not a car, I'm not going to spend $100 every year or 6 months to replace things that should last.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #254 of 283
My mistake, I checked the email and it was closer to $100 actually, doesn't change anything though. They have to replace the whole headband, and I assume they would destroy the pads on purpose. I'm speaking about polish repair centre, not blaming AA for anything but terrible design fault. I contacted AA and that's where they redirected me. I was willing to send it to Germany, Austria or whatever, but if they really can't replace only the plastic parts and have to change the entire headband, I don't care. It's not a car, I'm not going to spend $100 every year or 6 months to replace things that should last.
Sorry to hear that. Yes, that is not how it should be.
Anyway, if you decided to send them in, they should not destroy the pads since they can be removed rather easily. You could even do that yourself upfront.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back