New Audiovalve RKV MARK 3
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Audioelec

New Head-Fier

This new Amplifier is a must for me I think it looks stunning a bit cheaper in Black finish also!
beerchug.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 5
Looks far too cluttered. The pearl colour scheme is a real eyesore.    As usual, YMMV.

This has nothing to do with the performance, which one would expect to be good or better. Again YMMV.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #4 of 5
I had an RKV MKII for a while and it was lovely in near-field with speakers and the HD-800s. This upgrade looks like it has more than enough power for planers as well. Unfortunately the liberal use of brass components in the chassis made it horrendously expensive to ship anywhere.  I wonder what the cost will be for the MK3. If I hadn't already decided on what amps I want to use, I might have been interested in this, especially considering the speaker outputs are built in and it has pre-amp functionality as well.

Here's the link to the site:

http://www.audiovalve.info/rkv3/audiovalve%20rkv%20mark3.html

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 5
  I had an RKV MKII for a while and it was lovely in near-field with speakers and the HD-800s. This upgrade looks like it has more than enough power for planers as well. Unfortunately the liberal use of brass components in the chassis made it horrendously expensive to ship anywhere.  I wonder what the cost will be for the MK3. If I hadn't already decided on what amps I want to use, I might have been interested in this, especially considering the speaker outputs are built in and it has pre-amp functionality as well.

Here's the link to the site:

http://www.audiovalve.info/rkv3/audiovalve%20rkv%20mark3.html

Price : 4000 Euros (TTC) in France for the new AudioValve RKV mark3 .http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post177852270.html#p177852270

About AudioValve RKV mark2 (2300 Euros TTC), what I can say is that it is a great amplifier that works very well with a very good synergy with electrodynamics Sennheiser HD -600 and HD -800.
It can also be used with Stax headphone (SR- 009) through a Wee box (WooAudio Wee energizer) and Jack Adapter --> Input the Wee HP with using multipliers transformers tension Wee (Ratio: 1:50): very good results, at least as good, see better (in a blind test) compared to the amplifier Stax SRM 727 (best amp Stax currently producing approximately 3 K Euros) and even that amplifier Eddie Current Electra (one 4K dollars amplifier).
 You can get an even better sound by shunting the Wee transformers (which retained only for use for the bias voltage generator 580 Volt) for the fifth pin Stax headphone: advantage: its the best ever sound obtained with a Stax SR-009 (best that with the SRM 727 and Electra amp) (sound more transparent, natural and more presence); disadvantage: limited level of between 70 to100 dB (SPL) with listening with headphones Stax SR -009 with sensitivity at 101 dB / 100 Volts RMS, knowing that the mk2 RKV can get 80 volts RMS for an input of 2.8 volts RMS signal with a very high impedance headphones (145,000 Ohms for the Stax SR- 009).The amplifier will work mainly in voltage, where he excels.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back