New Audiophiles, how to hear certain sounds.
Dec 11, 2011 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Deathdeisel

500+ Head-Fier
I thought of an idea the other day that you guys may wish to entertain. Basically it goes as such:

Why not create a thread that is meant for newer audiophiles, that allow them to find good songs that really show off a certain frequency or aspect of sound very well. The best tips for listening(such as sitting down, standing, rubbing your stomache and leaning left, etc.). 

Essentially a thread for newer/learning music enthusiasts to learn to say, the treble extension on this song is amazing, or the sub bass was unrivaled and perfect. 

Example: I have a hard time discerning treble extension apart from other sounds, so i go here, and find a song that has already been posted as such to be a song to easily show off that part of the spectrum. 

What do you think? Sorry if something like this has been made and i was just an idiot lol. 

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 45
Leaning left causes an overemphasis of the mids, I've found, leaning to the right gives me a much more balanced sound, what some might call "audiophile." I do lean to the left sometimes when I'm looking for a 'fun' (v-shaped) sound.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 45

Quote:
Leaning left causes an overemphasis of the mids, I've found, leaning to the right gives me a much more balanced sound, what some might call "audiophile." I do lean to the left sometimes when I'm looking for a 'fun' (v-shaped) sound.

Not sure if serious lol. So do you guys have any good songs/tracks to listen to to easily signify major parts of listening? 

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 45
If you are serious about this.

1. Soundproof your listening room with standing wave software, found online.

2. Position your speakers according to manafacturers descression.

3. Play your music & listen.

4. Throw away all of your existing equiment

5. Research the best sound replication equipment known to man

6. Sit back and panic

Dah, do you mean enharnced treble or naturally trebly?

I think clasical strings would be the best thing to go for.

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 45
I think you guys are getting what im going for, but not fully. Like so. 

Im looking to expand my horizons on the deeper spectrum, or be able to distinguish different basses more. So, go to a previous post from another member like so:

Really good bassy track, displays lower frequencies often. 
http://youtu.be/0OU2xiaL-TI

Embedding would be easier but this forums settings still disagree with me. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 45

Quote:
I think you guys are getting what im going for, but not fully. Like so. 

Im looking to expand my horizons on the deeper spectrum, or be able to distinguish different basses more. So, go to a previous post from another member like so:

Really good bassy track, displays lower frequencies often. 
http://youtu.be/0OU2xiaL-TI

Embedding would be easier but this forums settings still disagree with me. 

So like, music with bass? I don't think that it's hard to find these things...

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #11 of 45
No no, im using that as an example. Lets say a member posted up on here an example video/song of good treble extension. 

A user who wanted to hear more/learn about treble extension could then find that video, listen to it or songs like it and then learn. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #13 of 45
Haha this thread reminds me of Kiteki's thread once upon a time, until today I'm still listening to those music everything because of the guitar shreddding :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/514102/testing-for-speed-in-iems-please-participate-in-my-test-speed-metal-visual-kei-symphonic-metal-instrumental-electric-guitar-shredding

I particularly liked the part where kiteki explained what goes on along the timelines specifically and what to look for. These are the threads I would like to see more. Till today, I still can't hear the 3 guitarist playing together, so I'm close to giving up on my hearing haha.

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #14 of 45
Our hearing is limited yet versatile...

Use your favourite music and listen on a low volume. Combine it with meditation and whatever enhances the listening and you will travel in sound.

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #15 of 45
Quote:
Our hearing is limited yet versatile...

Use your favourite music and listen on a low volume. Combine it with meditation and whatever enhances the listening and you will travel in sound.

I listen to harsh noise at high volumes.

Different school, keeping it real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back